Mmmmmm.... Tasty vittles!!! Good going ! Enjoy it. I made some summer sausage from some of my deer this year. Great food that is a bargain, eh?

Plus...any excuse to post a pick of my 5 point, Western count as that would be, (read: MAN count) Hahaha! Never did really understand the diff.

Doesn't matter the Antlers anyway if ya can't eat em!

Glad you filled your tag! Not so many folks I know had any luck this year. But we do have a large "Predator" impact lately in Montana.

post-16191-0-44857100-1291703273_thumb.jpg

Mmmmmm.... Tasty vittles!!! Good going ! Enjoy it. I made some summer sausage from some of my deer this year. Great food that is a bargain, eh?

Plus...any excuse to post a pick of my 5 point, Western count as that would be, (read: MAN count) Hahaha! Never did really understand the diff.

Doesn't matter the Antlers anyway if ya can't eat em!

Glad you filled your tag! Not so many folks I know had any luck this year. But we do have a large "Predator" impact lately in Montana.

That is a great buck you got there. what did you take it with? We have to use slugs, blackpowder, or a pistol. I don't mind though, I love taking the ol' s-12 out with me. :super:

So how do you count a deer out "west" if on one side hes got three, and the other side hes got 5??? Is that still a "5 point"? or is he a 4 point?? or what?!?!?

Thats why in the east we just count ALL the points over an inch long, and give the total. easier than trying to figure which side to count, or do math... :lol:

OH!!! I got it...

Cause normally down south... you have ONE hand for the fingers to count on... ( and you dont get a lot of deer over "5 points"... cause the OTHER Hand is full... ( with a beer can... ya know... "Here yall, watch this... hold my beer!" )

NOW I got it and understand!!! :up:

:smoke: