sling swivel studs

I want to put a 1 1/4" sling on my rifle but the loops that came on the rifle are too small. I looked at the local shop for stud kits but they only have the type with wood screw threads. I dont want to modify the gun and I dont want to "rig" the sling(super sling) I have. Where can I buy a kit that has the machine screw studs.

I use a 2 point sling with H&K hooks on both ends. On the butt end of my 12 the sling loop is 'way-big' enough to let the sling hook slide a bit as I shift locations.. On the front end I use the TAPCO Stud that came with the forearm kit. The hook has some flexibility, but not much and it does render the bottom rail of the forearm useless...so I removed the bottom rail. I am satisfied that it works good enough for me.

Are the swivel attachment points threaded for 10-32? If so, Brownells sells packages of studs from Uncle Mike's. You can choose from all 10-32 threaded studs, wood screw studs, or some combination. Be advised, if you're not a dealer (or C&R) you will pay through the nose. It might be cheaper and faster to find a local gunsmith and ask him to sell you two for a couple bucks. Chances are pretty good he will buy them in bulk and not pay the retail premium.

Edited by DrThunder88

Are the swivel attachment points threaded for 10-32? If so, Brownells sells packages of studs from Uncle Mike's. You can choose from all 10-32 threaded studs, wood screw studs, or some combination. Be advised, if you're not a dealer (or C&R) you will pay through the nose. It might be cheaper and faster to find a local gunsmith and ask him to sell you two for a couple bucks. Chances are pretty good he will buy them in bulk and not pay the retail premium.

They are threaded metric. I don't recall the specific pitch, though.

They are threaded metric. I don't recall the specific pitch, though.

I just learned something interesting. The threads on my forearm screw and swivel screw are M5x0.8 threads. Odd, the 10-32 bolts I used didn't seem to notice!

It turns out those two thread pitches are nearly identical, which is good news for those looking to add QD dome studs.

• 4 years later...

resurrecting an old thread but thought I'd throw this out just in case someone else is looking for a replacement front sling stud to replace the crap that comes with the Saiga.  I purchased an ATI swivel stud from amazon and it is a direct replacement.  All I did was add a little blue loctite.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Q0BC92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1