My conversion parts plan

I already have a tapco quad rail and stubby vert grip, but now i'm moving on to the full conversion. I've attached some links to the parts I plan on using, lemme know what you think.....

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-713/SAIGA-RIFLE-TRIGGER-GROUP/Detail

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RBT-K47&Category_Code=_STKS

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item.aspx?PID=436444&w=PQ%2BJDyOLrQE%3D

It might be a little while before I get the parts in and get the work done, but I'll play the picture post game when its all done

Might want to check where the Mako stock is made if you're planning on counting it for USA parts.

CSS parts kits are great and priced fairly. I did the math on separate components versus kits....they were very close in price (depending on what you get). It is a pleasure to give Greg money. He is a top notch professional that is amazingly fast with turn around.

Do the FCG restoration/conversion. As many have said in here...it is very simple and straightforward. The difference in the rifles balance and trigger performance is really beyond words.

Might want to check where the Mako stock is made if you're planning on counting it for USA parts.

CSS parts kits are great and priced fairly. I did the math on separate components versus kits....they were very close in price (depending on what you get). It is a pleasure to give Greg money. He is a top notch professional that is amazingly fast with turn around.

Do the FCG restoration/conversion. As many have said in here...it is very simple and straightforward. The difference in the rifles balance and trigger performance is really beyond words.

with the US front end, US mags, and US fcg I'm not worried about whether the stock is US. I currently have the russian skeleton stock on it and I'm still compliant so its ok there. The reason I really like it is because I'm worried about my eye height with a non-adjustable cheek weld stock since I have a red dot. Currently the skeleton stock is awesome bc it has a flip up cheek piece that puts my eye on line, like i said, with the converson i'm just concerned I wont find a good collapsible stock with the same option....do you know any american made stock ends that will fit to the tube i picked out that include an adjustable cheek for a similar price?

I would much rather use something solid (like my Ace stock)... the view through my aimpoint is fine.. and the stock is %100 rock solid stable.. the stock you posted looks like something that would just fall apart.. but maybe that is just me being pessimistic.. with the ace stock if the cheek weld is too low you have the option of adding a riser...

I would much rather use something solid (like my Ace stock)... the view through my aimpoint is fine.. and the stock is %100 rock solid stable.. the stock you posted looks like something that would just fall apart.. but maybe that is just me being pessimistic.. with the ace stock if the cheek weld is too low you have the option of adding a riser...

First off, your aimpoint, and whole setup for that matter, are very nice. Problem is, I'm going with a side mount scope so its not quite as low as the one you have. Sure, I could get a riser for a galil style stock, but I havn't heard much about them and I dont think theyre adjustable so i'm a little hesitant. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....decisions.....but its ok, this is part of the enjoyment of owning one of these i guess. thanks for the input, im checking ACE out right now

First off, your aimpoint, and whole setup for that matter, are very nice. Problem is, I'm going with a side mount scope so its not quite as low as the one you have. Sure, I could get a riser for a galil style stock, but I havn't heard much about them and I dont think theyre adjustable so i'm a little hesitant. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....decisions.....but its ok, this is part of the enjoyment of owning one of these i guess. thanks for the input, im checking ACE out right now

acebutt006_med.jpg

I have seen a great deal of AKs using a scope that sits low in reference to the receiver..

your choices are not based solely on the stock.. scope.. rings.. mount.. etc.. the choice must be made based on ALL of those factors.. some gun setups require low rings to get the scope where it needs to be.. some require a riser on the stock.. it is a combination of all of these factors that will get you the best cheek weld, and thus the best working setup.. weigh everything out.. not just one part of the equation..

Edited by vladtepes

with the US front end, US mags, and US fcg I'm not worried about whether the stock is US.

Just a heads up, in case you decide to swap parts here and there, after the conversion, and the stock's country of origin does come into play.....Mako gear isn't US made. It's made in Israel.

with the US front end, US mags, and US fcg I'm not worried about whether the stock is US. I currently have the russian skeleton stock on it and I'm still compliant so its ok there. The reason I really like it is because I'm worried about my eye height with a non-adjustable cheek weld stock since I have a red dot. Currently the skeleton stock is awesome bc it has a flip up cheek piece that puts my eye on line, like i said, with the converson i'm just concerned I wont find a good collapsible stock with the same option....do you know any american made stock ends that will fit to the tube i picked out that include an adjustable cheek for a similar price?

If you are looking at a polly tube, this is also an option. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-621/MAGPUL-MOE-STOCK-SET/Detail Has sling attachment points built in, and the magpul stock is US made. It has the option of snap on risers of varying height. Should be in similar price range. I think this one would be straight from the receiver instead of angled.

If using a polly tube I would think about using the hole in the bottom of Saiga receiver to drill a hole for a third screw in the extention tube after install.

Just food for thought.....good luck and have fun.

Edited by northernsaiga

sorry I forgot to put the link in my last post, I edited it, but here it is again http://store.carolin...TOCK-SET/Detail

the MOE stock may fit the other tube you are looking at, it can be had for milspec or commercial diamater tubes. The cheek risers are sold separately and come in 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 height.

Edited by northernsaiga