S12 mag used with any other Shotty

Out of curiosity, has anyone converted a tube fed shotgun to take a S12 mag? And what are the legalities with such a conversion?

I did see a tube fed conversion to mag over at arf I think, in the AOW forum. But I don't know that they were S12 mags. I'll try and find it.

Out of curiosity, has anyone converted a tube fed shotgun to take a S12 mag? And what are the legalities with such a conversion?

I did see a tube fed conversion to mag over at arf I think, in the AOW forum. But I don't know that they were S12 mags. I'll try and find it.

d3.jpg

"Dominion Arms Grizzly Mag? Available only in Canada "

http://www.ar15.com/...=198418&page=11

Edited by Fumes

I don't think there's any legalities involved, given you still adhere to federal regs. Unless your state has some weird laws of it's own. If you're the handy type, I wonder how hard it would be to rig up one of the S12 magwells on the market, to your pump.

Fumes, my thought was to SBS and mag feed something like a Maverick(something cheap?) but in a similar config to the Serbu.

Joe, that is interesting. What is it? lol

The pic he posted is a maverick, scan over the pic with the cursor.

Thanks Fumes.

Bob, I'm not trying to avoid the stamp. What I am actually looking to do is build something similar to the MASS(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_Modular_Accessory_Shotgun_System). Using what I already have, ie 4 5rnd Taiwanese S12 mags. Am also considering scraping the pump for a bolt more like the MASS and using the mag as a FG.

Also note, I'm looking at mounting this under a Bullpupped Saiga 7.62x39 w/20" barrel, so length is an issue.

Edited by BpS12

Oh, I see; a bolt gun. Yeah, I just have a dislike for pump shotguns.

In any case it's going to be a lot of work. Projects like this always seem simple but never are.

Probably your best bet is to make one out of an S12.

I thought about that, but I think the S12's reciever is too long.Even on an SBS w. 8"barrel. My thought of using a pump gun is to scrap the "pump" portion and add a left side charging handle(w/BHO) along w/ the S12 mag.

From what I read on other list, I think that if you have a folding stock on it, or can attach it to another weapon(w/ a stock) it is classed as an SBS. Without a stock at all, it's an AOW. If I understood correctly but I could easily be wrong.

And yes it sounds like a world of fun, :lolol:

Edited by BpS12