Whats in your siaga magazine?

Buck or slugs  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What type of shotgun ammo do you keep loaded in your saiga?

• Buckshot only
    • Slugs only
    • Slug on top everything else is buckshot
    • Alternating slug and buck
    • Some sort of specialty rounds

I know some of you guys favor buckshot to slugs and visa versa, what do you keep loaded in your magazine for self defense.

I currently have some olin military grade buck cause its cheap and effective, but Im thinking of going with something that may group better like a federal buck with flight control.

I have another mag nearby that has some slugs in it in case I have a bear on my porch, or my dogs are getting into it with one

Edited by TARE
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a californian legal version of the Saiga, it only shoots nerf darts and the mag is fixed

What's a siaga?

Funny I was just debating if The federal flight control vital shok, or the FC tactical preformed any better or worse than the hornady tap. Do you know how they compare in terms of grouping, and which

Posted Images

I reload my own, so I picked specialty rounds. In the weapon right now is 20 buck-n-ball (my own packing-3x36cal balls surrounded by steel buck). In my back ups I have verious slug and buck combinations. I also have some home made non leathal rounds(rock salt misted in ammonia and sprinkled with cayan pepper, that will burn your ass for weeks) that I keep around for what ever.

HUZZAH!!!

I reload my own, so I picked specialty rounds. In the weapon right now is 20 buck-n-ball (my own packing-3x36cal balls surrounded by steel buck). In my back ups I have verious slug and buck combinations. I also have some home made non leathal rounds(rock salt misted in ammonia and sprinkled with cayan pepper, that will burn your ass for weeks) that I keep around for what ever.

HUZZAH!!!

sounds delicious... I think the rock salt is gonna hurt enough by itself

HUZZAH!!!

sounds delicious... I think the rock salt is gonna hurt enough by itself

Yep it does got a blast in my misspent youth, that I will never forget. The ammonia prevents scabbing, and the cayan is there for when they try and clean up the wound, used citric acid before also. My daddy told me that it stings like a thousand needles in each wound.

HUZZAH!!!

Surefire 8 round magazine loaded with 8 OOO Buck Federal Powershok. You loose 1 pellet with the 8 count OOO Buck but the OOO size is slightly bigger than a 9mm. So basically an 8 round 9mm burst in a fairly tight pattern. Plus it is fairly inexpensive.

I also keep a factory 5 round mag in my dresser with 5 rounds of Brenneke 2 3/4 SF Magnum.....designed specifically for penetration :)

GET SOME!!!

Currently two 10 round mags are at hand, one loaded with 12g Winchester Super X Slugs an one with various rounds of 12g "OO" buckshot. Been wandering about what the best round might be for a inside the house scenario rather than a front door breach/front yard confrontation....

1- 3" mag 15 pellet .00 buck in the chamber, 1 slug against the bolt (slugs don't deform bad when left for a while against the bolt) & 7 more 3" mag 15 pellet .00 buck under the slug in a Russian 8 round mag.

Reason being...

It's a scatter gun.

If I wanted a slug for HD, I'd be better off with a .39.

I want to be ready for home invaders, even if they're wearing body armor, so shoot high or low with 15 pellet .00 buck & you shoot their head or balls off while you're 1/2 asleep.

It renders vests ineffective in that way.

Edited by Paulyski

Ha! I just changed my sig in another forum I frequent in regards to some weird-ass, completely nonsensical shit that people load their shotguns with for home defense:

Bird bomb, confetti round, proprietary self-contained taser round, rock salt, beanbag round, birdshot, flechette round, buckshot, slug, FRAG-12 grenade - Saiga 12 for home defense.

I know some of you guys favor buckshot to slugs and visa versa, what do you keep loaded in your magazine for self defense.

I currently have some olin military grade buck cause its cheap and effective, but Im thinking of going with something that may group better like a federal buck with flight control.

I have another mag nearby that has some slugs in it in case I have a bear on my porch, or my dogs are getting into it with one

I have almost the same setup as you. Olin military grade buckshot for every round in my primary HD weapon. Also another S12 loaded with Bernanke Black Magic bear slugs. I'm thinking of having a third gun loaded with some less than lethal rounds but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm not a fan of having mixed rounds in any one gun.

ETA: All in 8 rd. Izzy mags

Edited by DogMan

Right now, I've got three 3inch 00 buck followed by a couple of remington sluggers in the saiga and same thing in the remington. Not by much choice, just what I had left over from the last time i went out for a shoot and seems to be the most sensible way to stack it. Otherwise, I'd probably go all 00 buck.

On a side note, I've been keeping .45's in the judge regularly... then coming home i spied the evil possum i've been trying to eradicate for several months now. By the time I loaded a chamber with a .410 the bugger had vanished... what luck... :rolleyes: Guess it's a good thing my biggest concerns are the four legged and tailed type.

I keep a 10 round mag of 00 buck loaded up to start with, taped to an inverted 10 rounder of slugs in case the tornado of buckshot fury does not do the trick. Kinda heavy and a bit bulky but easier than dealing with a Drum in the darkness.

Ha! I just changed my sig in another forum I frequent in regards to some weird-ass, completely nonsensical shit that people load their shotguns with for home defense:

Bird bomb, confetti round, proprietary self-contained taser round, rock salt, beanbag round, birdshot, flechette round, buckshot, slug, FRAG-12 grenade - Saiga 12 for home defense.

No dimes?

I loaded some nasty glass buckshot a long time ago, they were a bottle of glass balls I picked up somewhere. The stuff is really light so its close range only.

However I keep my mags full of federal flight control and hornady TAP.

The TAP/light mag buckshot is no more BTW they renamed it all superformance. That means the price just went up.

Edited by mike123456

I loaded some nasty glass buckshot a long time ago, they were a bottle of glass balls I picked up somewhere. The stuff is really light so its close range only.

However I keep my mags full of federal flight control and hornady TAP.

The TAP/light mag buckshot is no more BTW they renamed it all superformance. That means the price just went up.

Funny I was just debating if The federal flight control vital shok, or the FC tactical preformed any better or worse than the hornady tap. Do you know how they compare in terms of grouping, and which flight control federal are you using (vital shock or tactical)?

• Like 1

No dimes?

Yeah, it's only an AGP 10-rounder, so there's no room for dimes, cubic shot, the "Macho Gaucho", "The Bolo", "The Executioner", the "Pitbull", the "Buck And Fuck", "The Stupid Gimmick", "The Chest Cavity Face Raper", or the "Will Convince a Jury That You're A Psychotic Retard" exotic rounds.