Troubleshooting a problem

Ive having a problem with my Saiga 12. I first did my conversion and the gun worked flawless. The trigger is a Tapco G2. Well this weekend I took it out to find that at times it would not fire. The shell was marked but it was like the firing pin wasnt hitting hard enough. Also I would have to push the trigger forward after each round was fired when it did work. I then could fire the trigger. Any ideas?

Check your springs on the hammer and make sure it didn't shift over and interfer with the trigger. S12 have this issue at times, quick fix is to pull up the spring and tweek/bend it slightly inward, this will help keep it on the hammer leg. also check your firing pin, several have been known to break lately, if it is, contact Tromix, He has new HD firing pins, there worth it to put in anyway, all mine have been replaced. Good Luck.

HUZZAH !!!!

The trigger problem more than likely is a spring leg. Field strip your gun and look for the two spring legs coming back to the trigger. The one on the right probably isn't set correctly. I had the same problem and had to twist the spring leg counter clock wise to make it sit properly. You should be able to see this just from looking one leg will be set off. Hope this helps I'm not sure about your other problem.

The trigger problem more than likely is a spring leg. Field strip your gun and look for the two spring legs coming back to the trigger. The one on the right probably isn't set correctly. I had the same problem and had to twist the spring leg counter clock wise to make it sit properly. You should be able to see this just from looking one leg will be set off. Hope this helps I'm not sure about your other problem.

If your main spring leg has slipped off and the spring isn't reseting with enough tension, it will cause the hammer to hit too lightly on the firing pin. This will cause a mark on the primer but it doesn't have enough force to ignite the primer. As others have said this may be causing the trigger issue as well.