Bullpup linkage questions.

I know bullpup saigas are kinda an iffy subject, but I have been looking around for ideas and saw a few cool ones. The Kushnapup is neat but I think I would like to do a more custom one. But I cant figure out how to do the linkage.

I have access to a knee mill and lathe and would like to make a few custom parts.

Do you run some kind of cable? Solid piece of metal? through the body? Outside?

Thanks

I think this has potential for awesomeness. Out of all the bullpups ive ever seen, Cobra76two has the only one ive liked....so far. something similar to his would be all I would really want but I like when people have the tools to make something of thier own. Boba debt does alot of great work with quad rails and bullpups. just not quite my style. Ive come to like the classic look. there is two on this link. one of them is the one im talking about. http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=44493

Edited by AZG

Spring wire is what you need.... but you will most likely have to buy at least 50ft of it. The diameter of most wire pin retainers will pass the block that the ejector rail is on and not interfere with mag removal or insertion. I priced some of it and it was about $60 for 50ft. That was the smallest amount that I could find the correct wire for. It will bend with some purposeful force, but remains in the shape that it was formed and does not stretch as easy as non-spring wire. with 50ft, there should be plenty of wire there for some trial and error. If you get the roll of the correct wire, I may want to buy some of it from you.

K&S metals "panio wire" used in radio control vehicles works as well. It comes in all diameters and convenient 3ft sections for a couple of bucks.

Spring wire is what you need.... but you will most likely have to buy at least 50ft of it. The diameter of most wire pin retainers will pass the block that the ejector rail is on and not interfere with mag removal or insertion. I priced some of it and it was about $60 for 50ft. That was the smallest amount that I could find the correct wire for. It will bend with some purposeful force, but remains in the shape that it was formed and does not stretch as easy as non-spring wire. with 50ft, there should be plenty of wire there for some trial and error. If you get the roll of the correct wire, I may want to buy some of it from you.

I used the coated cable from a cheap little key chain reel from Harbor Freight. Something like $2.50 with enough for about 3-4 lengths. Problem I had was the "cable crimps" I first used, light weight aluminum wire connector bases. The heavier weight steel connectors work much better.

The Russians used a cable in a tube running outside the reciver for their Bullpupped SVD.