Mercury Hermes Saiga 5.45

So I just got one of the Mercury Hermes Saiga 5.45 with the RAA stamping machined off. The thing is that it has Legion markings on it. I think the receiver and the bolt is Legion while the barrel is regular saiga. Anyone can confirm this?

Also when the bolt is in the receiver it slide super easy. If you have the bolt past the trigger and lift the butt end 15 degrees it slides right in. I have no other experience in AK but the Saiga 12. Is this common on other saigas?

I got the same sheet you got... Not a target with rounds through it.

According to another recent thread dealing with your same issue, Mercury-Hermes out of KY is importing these Legion rifles now. That thread has only been in the last week or two. Lot more info there...

ETA: found it: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=60207&st=0&p=573567&hl=importer&fromsearch=1entry573567

Edited by bohound

Yes, I got one with mine. It says "extreme spread" of a 4-shot 100m range zeroed at 100M is ~ 134mm.

This however, is a drunk Ruskie using it with no muzzle break to get the extreme spread. I'm pretty sure I'd get a better measurment at 100m sober.

> (yea I got the Hermes one too, complete with the ugly velcro-look'n electrostamp).

Edited by Kalashniklown

Yes, I got one with mine. It says "extreme spread" of a 4-shot 100m range zeroed at 100M is ~ 134mm.

This however, is a drunk Ruskie using it with no muzzle break to get the extreme spread. I'm pretty sure I'd get a better measurment at 100m sober.

> (yea I got the Hermes one too, complete with the ugly velcro-look'n electrostamp).

I do not know where you get your information about how weapons are tested at Izhmash, but its not done by a "drunk russian, wobbling the rifle around willie nille". Each rifle is placed in a vise-like setup and shot. The spread has nothing to do with the accuracy of the shooter. :ph34r:

-Sal

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I do not know where you get your information about how weapons are tested at Izhmash, but its not done by a "drunk russian, wobbling the rifle around willie nille". Each rifle is placed in a vise-like setup and shot. The spread has nothing to do with the accuracy of the shooter. :ph34r:

-Sal

There is no way a vise is used in testing these guns with 5+ MOA 4 hole groups...

Just got my legion MH today - looks like I had the sharpshooter of the bunch, only 101mm... 4 MOA gun, woot (gimme a break, I thought these were their custom guns). Will find out saturday what it will actually do.

Edited by swifttal

Just got my 5.45 last night and sadly also had the velcro laser etched receiver. I sanded down the velcro crap and it took all the sharp edges off and hopefully will be less visible when i moly coat it. I was thinking about filling it with bondo or jb weld or something, What do you guys think? Theres not much left of her now but the bulgarian parts kit should be here tomorrow :super:

post-27934-0-28465500-1300342442_thumb.jpg

I've been wanting to add a second 5.45 Saiga,but when I seen them at the show

yesterday,I just couldn't put my money down due to the grind marks.

Price was $379 + tax

Other option was a .223 Saiga,"pre-grind" :rolleyes: , for $450 + tax.

I just kept walking on that due to price.

Worked on mine over spring break and ended up just sanding/grinding the velcro off after welding the holes shut....It still needs to be sand blasted and Moly coated but I think it will work out well....The new saiga 5.45 with the wood (bulgarian parts kit/ russian wood) and Bulgarian parts kit on a nds in the poly

post-27934-0-29377500-1300769893_thumb.jpg