Sometimes used may be a better choice after all.

Point taken. I think I'd need to know the seller in order to buy used. Otherwise, even if the gun looks in good condition, I'd worry that I might have bought someone's manufacturer repair. And I might not have the benefit of the warranty -- like with S&W, the nifty warranty doesn't transfer with ownership.

Sometimes used may be a better choice after all.

Point taken. I think I'd need to know the seller in order to buy used. Otherwise, even if the gun looks in good condition, I'd worry that I might have bought someone's manufacturer repair. And I might not have the benefit of the warranty -- like with S&W, the nifty warranty doesn't transfer with ownership.

Most of my guns have been bought used. And I've only had 2 bad ones.

Well...it depands. If you bought a used police gun than chances are its more used on the outside then the inside. Most of the time these guns are fired for qualifications and maybe some range time. They will have more holster wear then parts wear.

If you but a regular used gun that some Joe Shmoe traded in and it turns out to have problems you have a few options as well.

1) find out if the shop stands behind what thy sell. My shop does and they will take the gun back and refund you if it turn out they sold you a defective gun, even if its used.

2) If the warranty is out have the shop send it in. Most companies will fix it for free for the shop since shops buy in quantinty. This was the case with my Para Ordnance Warthog. It would not eject a live round if you wanted to clear the gun. Para does not transfer their warranties. However I had the shop send it in under their name and Para fixed it for free.

3) If all else fails trade it in on something else at the same or different shop.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input. I ended up going with a make and model I hadn't initially considered: Bul Cherokee 9mm Fullsize

BUL%20Cherokee%20Full%20Size%20WebPic.JPG

The price was right, and I can't find a bad review. Magazines might be hard to find. Will give a report once I get it to the range.

Edited by Koljec

A+ on the BUL CHREOKEE 800rds not one problem.Very comfortable and accurate.

Glad to hear it. CDNN has them for $339 at the moment, $357 with shipping. Very hard to pass the deal up considering the great reviews the Cherokee gets.

If anyone's interested, I placed the order with Seth. I think CDNN sells a smaller kit than other places -- only one magazine, not sure on cleaning kit, etc.

It's definitely a CZ clone.

Edited by Koljec

Congrats on your choice. The BUL looks like a CZ clone for sure. I love the 75b I bought 2 years ago.

ETA- I thought I had seen BUL handguns before! Academy Sporting Goods stores here were selling a polymer-framed, double-stack 1911 called the M-5 a couple years ago. Purists might hate 'em, but I have to admit having 13+1 rounds in .45 on a 1911 sounds sweet.

Edited by Kevin in Texas

The Israelis don't fuck around. With guns, or anything. This should be good to go for you.

+1

I have a Baby Eagle .45 and it is a beast! I have never heard anything about the pistol you ended up purchasing so I would say no news it good news right?

As everyone mentioned Glock...I had a G19 and loved it until I got my Sig P226. I can tell you that even though it is a police trade in it shoots like a DREAM! I can almost lose sight alignment and/or sight picture and I will hit damn-near center mass on a man size target under 25 yards. I duracoated mine OD Green and put Hogue wrap around grips and have never looked back at Glock. oH, BTW a Sig P226 is SOOOO much more quiet then a G19 suppressed too.

101_2216.jpg

Respectfully,

MCASSgt New River

P.S.

Get a muffler for that Bull will ya? :)

• 4 weeks later...

I got the Cherokee to the range and it made it through 50 rounds of Federal and 50 rounds of Remington without problem. I need to work on my aim, though -- always aiming low.

For those of you with Cherokees -- what sorts of magazines do you use? The Magnum Research ones are hard to come by -- I was wondering if there are any other compatible makes/models?