Izhmash stopped production of small arms, including Saiga

Today in Russian news, Izhmash seized production of small arms. All manufacturing will be transferred to Izhevsk Mechanical Works plant that makes "Baikal" brand rifles. This means Saiga will be built there as well, but chances are they will change the brand from Saiga to something else. As a side note, IzhMech lately in Russia got bad reputation for extremely poor quality products.

http://lenta.ru/news...6/kalashnikovs/

Edited by BKLYN_C

Me no speakum Russian. How do you change the text to English, or can you?

I use a free Firefox addon called "BabelFish". Works great.

post-13534-0-30381700-1292553132_thumb.jpg

http://www.babelfish.com/

Addon:

https://addons.mozil...ch/?q=BabelFish

Translated by BableFish from Russian to English:

Izhmash leave without Kalashnikov production of Kalashnikov assault rifles at JSC Izhmash will be stopped. On this December 16 RIA Novosti reported. Production of the proliferation of small arms in the world will pass IMZ (brand Baikal) also located in Izhevsk. As the President of Udmurtia Alexander Volkov, the Izhmash will be closed all small unit that, apart from Kalashnikov assault rifles, also produces machines Nikonov (AN-94), Dragunov sniper rifle (SVD) and a host of other weapons According to Volkov, the decision due to the deplorable financial condition of the plant. According to the Ministry of Industry of Udmurtia, which leads to ITAR-TASS, Izhmash owed to its employees, as well as suppliers and contractors for a total of about two billion rubles According to Volkov, the plant had encountered difficulties because of the leadership. In 2011, the president said, which owns the plant corporation Russian Technologies is planning to replace the leadership of Izhmash. Moreover, Alexander Volkov did not rule out that the company could be bankrupt in order to combat the crisis. Izhmash produces over 70 types of weapons, including Kalashnikov assault rifles, sporting and hunting guns, air guns, precision-guided artillery shells. The Company's share in the production of military automatic weapons is more than 90 interest in the production of sniper rifles - 95 percent. Related Links - Udmurtia arbitration refused bankrupt manufacturer of Kalashnikov assault rifles - Lenta.ru, 07.10.2009 - The court reported statement of the bankruptcy Izhmash - Lenta.ru, 21.09.2009 Related Sites - Izhmash - Izhevsk mechanical plant

I searched "RIA NOVOSTI" as was indicated in the note above and found nothing.

http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Me no speakum Russian. How do you change the text to English, or can you?

Chrome automatically translates if you don't mind them tracking your every move... :ph34r:

picture.jpg

Manufacture of Kalashnikov assault rifles at JSC Izhmash will be stopped. On this December 16 informs RIA Novosti news agency . Production of the proliferation of small arms in the world will pass IMZ (brand Baikal), also located in Izhevsk.

As the President of Udmurtia Alexander Volkov, the Izhmash will be closed all small unit that, apart from Kalashnikov assault rifles, also produces machines Nikonov (AN-94), Dragunov sniper rifle (SVD) and many other types of weapons. According to Volkov, the decision due to the deplorable financial condition of the plant.

According to the Ministry of Industry of Udmurtia, which leads to ITAR-TASS , Izhmash owed to its employees, as well as suppliers and contractors for a total of about two billion rubles. According to Volkov, the plant had encountered difficulties because of the leadership. In 2011, the president said, which owns the plant state corporation Russian Technologies is planning to replace the leadership of Izhmash.

Moreover, Alexander Volkov did not rule out that the company could be bankrupt in order to combat the crisis.

Izhmash produces over 70 types of weapons, including Kalashnikov assault rifles, sporting and hunting guns, air guns, precision-guided artillery shells. The Company's share in the production of military automatic weapons is more than 90 percent in the production of sniper rifles - 95 percent.

Good thing there are other options in the works......

Actually it could have some positive consequences. With depleted supply of Saigas the importers will have the only option to bring more Veprs and at lower price. I am all for it.

How? Izmash owns Molot. How do we get veprs out of the deal?

About the only "good" thing I see coming out of this is inflated market values of the existing Saigas in country... That means yours and mine.

Who in their right mind sells their highly modified and personalized Saiga though?

Am I reading this wrong?

I think I heard this when I first wanted an S12 and then again a year later, and then 6 months after that and then three and then........

Edit to add: Come to think of it, that's a hell of a marketing idea!

Were closing, nope you saved us by buying all of these rifles!

a year later: Were closing, nope you saved us by buying all of these rifles!

and then a few months after that: Were closing, nope you saved us by buying all of these rifles!

Genius! MOOHAHAHA yeah, that's my best evil laugh

• Like 1

I don't think it means much, except maybe a longer-than-usual delay in availability if there is a takeover. We're all used to a few months of dry spells and Izhmash threatens this every year.

On the plus side, there is a serious possibility of getting some new VEPRs in the country soon, which has me stoked.

Good thing there are other options in the works......

Actually it could have some positive consequences. With depleted supply of Saigas the importers will have the only option to bring more Veprs and at lower price. I am all for it.

How? Izmash owns Molot. How do we get veprs out of the deal?

Izhmash is expected to file for bankruptcy withing a year. When this happens, the Molot will spin off as an independent company, as it was before, or it will end up under Tula or Izhmech control. Restored independence from its competitor (Izhmash and Molot were competitors) could lead Molot to regain its market share and further expand it, more exports to come, including to US.

No matter what, nothing will happen to the plant itself, machinery and workers. The only change will be new owners and top administrators. In Russia, free economy and democracy abruptly end when national interests or security are in jeopardy.

Genius! MOOHAHAHA yeah, that's my best evil laugh

Just some advice. Cows are not overtly evil, so mooing at the begining of your evil laugh does not inspire fear. You need to find a scarier animal to model your laugh after. :)

• Like 1

Even if there is no real issue here.. it becomes one for folks such as myself who were planning to make another purchase soon. Inevitably, any gun dealer that is aware of this will use this as a means to price gouge, just as they have on every occasion possible. I even stopped going to a gun shop because they kept pushing that same bullshit... "this is probably the last of them, you won't be able to get anymore.. The factory is closing".. as they tried to sell a 7.62x39 for $500 at a time when they were priced $350 or less.

Needless to say.. looks like some of us will be waiting a few months, unless we come across an honest price.

But hey, it's the law of supply and demand, even if the demand is false.

• Like 1

Oh crap. I was already told I could be waiting for some time for that local shop to get another Saiga 5.45 in stock, as even their distributors are out of stock when it comes to that rifle. Perhaps I should cancel that special order I made and to an FFL transfer as soon as possible from Classic Arms, Centerfire Systems, or Atlantic Arms to get one while I still can without suffering from any kind of price hike. I already purchased a 1080 tin of 7N6 5.45X39mm and several AK-74 magazines in anticipation of getting a Saiga 5.45, so I maybe I really need to get moving on this. I will not settle for one of those crappy, out-of-spec Century Tantals or Bulgarian AK-74's (seriously, how do you butcher the reputation of a Bulgarian AK, i.e. one of the best ones out there).

Sure, Atlantic Firearms has some of the good Tantals in stock (Interarms), but it would be cheaper to convert a 5.45 Saiga instead.

The local shop/range has 7.62X39mm, .308, 20 gauge, 12 gauge, and .223 models in stock, but I really want to take advantage of that cheap 7N6 surplus stuff (it is even cheaper than any 7.62X39mm I can find).

Edited by 7N6Wolf
  • Like 1

Oh crap. I was already told I could be waiting for some time for that local shop to get another Saiga 5.45 in stock, as even their distributors are out of stock when it comes to that rifle. Perhaps I should cancel that special order I made and to an FFL transfer as soon as possible from Classic Arms, Centerfire Systems, or Atlantic Arms to get one while I still can without suffering from any kind of price hike. I already purchased a 1080 tin of 7N6 5.45X39mm and several AK-74 magazines in anticipation of getting a Saiga 5.45, so I maybe I really need to get moving on this. I will not settle for one of those crappy, out-of-spec Century Tantals or Bulgarian AK-74's (seriously, how do you butcher the reputation of a Bulgarian AK, i.e. one of the best ones out there).

Sure, Atlantic Firearms has some of the good Tantals in stock (Interarms), but it would be cheaper to convert a 5.45 Saiga instead.

The local shop/range has 7.62X39mm, .308, 20 gauge, 12 gauge, and .223 models in stock, but I really want to take advantage of that cheap 7N6 surplus stuff (it is even cheaper than any 7.62X39mm I can find).

You should contact Greg at CSS.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-FIREARMS/Categories

According to his website, he has some IZ240's in stock.

http://store.carolin...ARMS/Categories

Now that I think of it, I just remember that the guy at the shop quoted me at given price (around $380) and he said I could not be charged more than if one did show up. Well, I don't know how true their words would hold, but even in the best case scenario, I am still probably looking at a delay that could take months, so I should probably just try to get one transferred via FFL. I have never actually done an FFL transfer of any sort, so how would that work? Would I order the gun online first and then have a shop send their FFL info to the online merchant, or would I need the shop's FFL information to begin with before I even considered making an online order?

*EDIT*

I sniffed around a bit, and it looks like I would just have to fill out some kind of form at the gun shop/range to get the process started. I will get on that after I am done visiting my family for the holidays and then simply email the FFL info to the online store afterward.

Edited by 7N6Wolf

Now that I think of it, I just remember that the guy at the shop quoted me at given price (around $380) and he said I could not be charged more than if one did show up. Well, I don't know how true their words would hold, but even in the best case scenario, I am still probably looking at a delay that could take months, so I should probably just try to get one transferred via FFL. I have never actually done an FFL transfer of any sort, so how would that work? Would I order the gun online first and then have a shop send their FFL info to the online merchant, or would I need the shop's FFL information to begin with before I even considered making an online order?

*EDIT*

I sniffed around a bit, and it looks like I would just have to fill out some kind of form at the gun shop/range to get the process started. I will get on that after I am done visiting my family for the holidays and then simply email the FFL info to the online store afterward.

Id say support your local shop, Ive never bought any guns or ammo online I dont care how cheap they are. Your in MN like me, hopefully the twin cities, I know a know a small shop where the guy can get you most stuff rather quickly and for a really good price.

Edit to add: Come to think of it, that's a hell of a marketing idea!

Were closing, nope you saved us by buying all of these rifles!

a year later: Were closing, nope you saved us by buying all of these rifles!

and then a few months after that: Were closing, nope you saved us by buying all of these rifles!

Did you see Adam Sandler's "Don't Mess With The Zohan"? There was a store in that movie called "Going Out of Business" that ran a similar marketing scheme...

• Like 1

Did you see Adam Sandler's "Don't Mess With The Zohan"? There was a store in that movie called "Going Out of Business" that ran a similar marketing scheme...

What's funny is those stores are actually real in NYC

They're electronics stores, usually run by Israelis just like in the movie, and they've always got the "Going Out For Business" sales going on to hawk knockoff electronics etc.

Even better is the Chinese stores down in the Bowery/Chinatown selling like "X Cube Gaming Station" consoles, also with the same "Going Out For Business" signs :lolol:

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

What's funny is those stores are actually real in NYC

They're electronics stores, usually run by Israelis just like in the movie, and they've always got the "Going Out For Business" sales going on to hawk knockoff electronics etc.

Even better is the Chinese stores down in the Bowery/Chinatown selling like "X Cube Gaming Station" consoles, also with the same "Going Out For Business" signs :lolol:

Ever been to 'Crazy Eddie's' in NYC? Not sure if they are there anymore.

*EDIT*

Id say support your local shop, Ive never bought any guns or ammo online I dont care how cheap they are. Your in MN like me, hopefully the twin cities, I know a know a small shop where the guy can get you most stuff rather quickly and for a really good price.

I have done some thinking, and I have said "Screw it, it can't hurt to have two Saiga 5.45 rifles." :super: I ordered one online and it will show up at my FFL for a rifle to get in the immediate term, and I will wait and buy that other Saiga I ordered at the shop when it finally shows up. I should also get a raise at work in the near future (I currently make $37K/yr. and I will go up to $40K/yr. after the raise), which will help get even more new toys.

• Like 1