Izhmash stopped production of small arms, including Saiga

I don't think it means much, except maybe a longer-than-usual delay in availability if there is a takeover. We're all used to a few months of dry spells and Izhmash threatens this every year.

On the plus side, there is a serious possibility of getting some new VEPRs in the country soon, which has me stoked.

You are right. We should to expect some delays with IZHMASH products availability. Perhaps, it will be labelled as "Baikal".

As for Vepr, I have good news. JSC Molot will not be bankroupted. It rises up from knees. The web site works again. Phone calls are answered. Last week they confirmed my order of "Vepr-12 Molot".

http://www.molot.biz...-e/molot205.php

I don't know what will happen, but it looks good.

Moreover, Vepr's quality is much better than Saiga's.

WOW! Take a little time and check out the firearms offered on their web site! :wub::super:

I don't think it means much, except maybe a longer-than-usual delay in availability if there is a takeover. We're all used to a few months of dry spells and Izhmash threatens this every year.

On the plus side, there is a serious possibility of getting some new VEPRs in the country soon, which has me stoked.

You are right. We should to expect some delays with IZHMASH products availability. Perhaps, it will be labelled as "Baikal".

As for Vepr, I have good news. JSC Molot will not be bankroupted. It rises up from knees. The web site works again. Phone calls are answered. Last week they confirmed my order of "Vepr-12 Molot".

http://www.molot.biz...-e/molot205.php

I don't know what will happen, but it looks good.

Moreover, Vepr's quality is much better than Saiga's.

Those Vepr guns are simply astounding! It would be nice to see more of those show up here in the USA (they are no longer imported and the Vepr guns that are still around sell for a pretty penny).

Edited by 7N6Wolf

Damn! You are lucky that you can get that stuff. Lots of sweet looking weapons on that site... Some unintentional humor too: "Semi-auto hunting assault rifle"? :lolol:

Be patient. Soon "and in your street the truck with cookies will turn over". The "Molot" restores a dealer network, anew concludes contracts.

The man Просматривающий with this avatar post-29076-0-18620000-1293910409_thumb.jpg represents Molot and he said this here: http://talks.guns.ru.../48/708519.html

Unregistered users cannot see avatars.

posted 2-11-2010 21:55

It not false start. It all the same start, though also slow.

The factory finds a way out actual bankruptcy in which was yet so a long time. Many considered that the non-return point is passed also the future at the 'Molot' isn't present.

Already now, the factory has leveled volumes of output at least as of 2007, has renewed work with dealers, having defined new game rules, has restored site work, has recreated marketing service, has started to work under private orders....

It would be desirable to believe that this positive won't stop.

In section there was a representative of commercial service of factory - New-Molot, and it as the positive moment.

"Molot" in Russian means "Hammer"

Edited by Cybermaniac
  • Like 1

Cybermaniac, thanks for the info!

I was lucky enough to get a 7.62x39 VEPR back when Robarms was converting them. It is hands-down the best AK I own, a bit heavy but very accurate. I would love to see VEPRs back in the US again, even if it means the one I already own is suddenly worth less :smoke:

don't we hear something like this every year????

it seems like it is becoming as common as the "gas shortages" we experience every few months.

Inevitably, any gun dealer that is aware of this will use this as a means to price gouge, just as they have on every occasion possible. I even stopped going to a gun shop because they kept pushing that same bullshit... "this is probably the last of them, you won't be able to get anymore.. The factory is closing".. as they tried to sell a 7.62x39 for $500 at a time when they were priced $350 or less.

Only 500$? I see pawn shops with them at that rate or higher regularly here near where I live. I would expect some to be selling unconverted for $700+; and it will probably be within in a few weeks from now. I do know that any that pull that crap will never get my business again.

I really liked the new model mosins and sks with ak side rails on the molot site.

• Like 1

I like the mosin but it sounds like a complete marketing failure...

Hey let's make a clone of the most common surplus rifle in the world and see how it sells!

Just a bad idea... too much competition.

I have heard that some place has actually manufactured clones of Lee Enfield rifles. Needless to say, one can obtain a surplus Lee Enfield for less than one of the new clones. I will bet it costs hundreds to make those Mosin-Nagant clones while a lot of the military surplus ones sell for around US $100-$150.

Edited by 7N6Wolf

don't we hear something like this every year????

it seems like it is becoming as common as the "gas shortages" we experience every few months.

Inevitably, any gun dealer that is aware of this will use this as a means to price gouge, just as they have on every occasion possible. I even stopped going to a gun shop because they kept pushing that same bullshit... "this is probably the last of them, you won't be able to get anymore.. The factory is closing".. as they tried to sell a 7.62x39 for $500 at a time when they were priced $350 or less.

Only 500$? I see pawn shops with them at that rate or higher regularly here near where I live. I would expect some to be selling unconverted for $700+; and it will probably be within in a few weeks from now. I do know that any that pull that crap will never get my business again.

I really liked the new model mosins and sks with ak side rails on the molot site.

Ouch... that's crazy. I don't see many of them at shops here anymore. I did see several x39's and .223's at a gun show a few months ago selling for $325. I would've picked one up but I'd spent all my cash on ammo already.

I know there is an art to salesmanship, and they have to make money.. but it comes down to a certain amount of respect for your customer. It's an insult to their intelligence to bullshit someone like that. You know people can look up prices for these things. If I'm a regular client somewhere and I get outright lied to, then I'm done with the place. The same week the shop I quit going to tried to hustle me, I went to another place nearby and got mine for $375. Not a bad deal, considering ordering one @ 350 and having it transferred would've cost about the same thing.

On the other hand, the law of supply and demand is a bitch. If demand outweighs supply and it drives prices across the board up to some ridiculous amount, then you have no choice but to pay for it if you want it. It's just a joke when you can get something from other places for about half the price that one jackass is trying to charge.

Ouch... that's crazy. I don't see many of them at shops here anymore. I did see several x39's and .223's at a gun show a few months ago selling for $325. I would've picked one up but I'd spent all my cash on ammo already.

I know there is an art to salesmanship, and they have to make money.. but it comes down to a certain amount of respect for your customer. It's an insult to their intelligence to bullshit someone like that. You know people can look up prices for these things. If I'm a regular client somewhere and I get outright lied to, then I'm done with the place. The same week the shop I quit going to tried to hustle me, I went to another place nearby and got mine for $375. Not a bad deal, considering ordering one @ 350 and having it transferred would've cost about the same thing.

On the other hand, the law of supply and demand is a bitch. If demand outweighs supply and it drives prices across the board up to some ridiculous amount, then you have no choice but to pay for it if you want it. It's just a joke when you can get something from other places for about half the price that one jackass is trying to charge.

I completely understand if the demand was there to drive the price, but this area I live near is one of the higher income areas of Houston and as result, people always get charged top dollar on lots of goods & services here. Most pay it without batting an eye. Even the vet clinic my gal works at charges an average of 2-300$ per visit. Its like the half converted S12 I saw a few weeks ago for 1159$ I am sure it will sell also.

I picked up my saiga 7.62 for $330 out the door about 9 months ago. Went to college station for it. Might call them to see what they are doing on S12s. I need to lock one into lay-away before "Sons of Guns" airs and the prices goes up.

I completely understand if the demand was there to drive the price, but this area I live near is one of the higher income areas of Houston and as result, people always get charged top dollar on lots of goods & services here. Most pay it without batting an eye. Even the vet clinic my gal works at charges an average of 2-300$ per visit. Its like the half converted S12 I saw a few weeks ago for 1159$ I am sure it will sell also.

I picked up my saiga 7.62 for $330 out the door about 9 months ago. Went to college station for it. Might call them to see what they are doing on S12s. I need to lock one into lay-away before "Sons of Guns" airs and the prices goes up.

That's a damn good point Greg! I didn't even think about that... When does the show start? People are going to go bat shit crazy over them when that hits the air, and prices will be pure rape.

As a matter of fact.. I was gonna drop quite a bit of cash on a bunch of assorted of ammo, a poly choke, and some other stuff... but I think I should put the money into one or two new Saigas.

That's a damn good point Greg! I didn't even think about that... When does the show start? People are going to go bat shit crazy over them when that hits the air, and prices will be pure rape.

As a matter of fact.. I was gonna drop quite a bit of cash on a bunch of assorted of ammo, a poly choke, and some other stuff... but I think I should put the money into one or two new Saigas.

here is the ongoing thread about it. its either starting the 24th or 26th of this month.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=61510

I am calling the place I got my 7.62 at tomorrow to check their current price. The best price I have seen on the S12's (at a place that I can lay-away) is at a local pawn shop for $520. I hope to find better than that though.

Greg,

If you are willing to go as far as College Station to get a gun, you might also want to check out Independence Firearms in Independence. It is run by the same guy that owns Ammunition to Go. I have heard that it is a good store, and that they have Saigas. I have also heard that cash or check are the best ways to pay there, as they reportedly charge a fee for credit cards.

here is the ongoing thread about it. its either starting the 24th or 26th of this month.

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=61510

I am calling the place I got my 7.62 at tomorrow to check their current price. The best price I have seen on the S12's (at a place that I can lay-away) is at a local pawn shop for $520. I hope to find better than that though.

$449 from Steve but no layaway.AMMS on Jones gets $500 and may do layaway.

I like the mosin but it sounds like a complete marketing failure...

Hey let's make a clone of the most common surplus rifle in the world and see how it sells!

Just a bad idea... too much competition.

The real question is; does it come with a bayonet?

If it's priced right I'd want one if only for the shear fact that it has a new bore, side scope mount, and looks super purdy.

• Like 1