I know this is probably posted in many other forums, but I need some information on the Saiga 12 conversion. I have a TAPCO T6 collapsible buttstock and an included pistol grip (About $60). Not really fond of the folding stocks, but some are pretty cool. But without the conversion it looks terrible and is unbalanced as we all know. What does the conversion consist of? I have no cutting tools only basic mechanic tools. I just do not want to mess her up; it was just shipped on the 10th and I've taken her to the range to ensure proper functioning. After $500, I can't afford any mistakes. I already replaced the gas piston, which really helped with the low-brass. Also I have the quad rail, flashlight/laser, and red dot which are great. But the conversion is my final step, and I'm looking to wrap her up. What parts will I need, and how much will it cost? Should I let a gunsmith handle this instead?

Thanks for the help

-Brian/Philadelphia

• 2 months later...

There's a ton of online literature on this site as well as step by step instructions on a sticky in the saiga 12 section on the conversion. To do a basic conversion requires $150 to $200 depending on which parts you want, and a dermal, some basic tools, and your time. I like the Krebs modified G2 fire control group and any of the bolt on trigger guards. I've used to factory trigger guard mod but didn't really like the aesthetics. Stocks are a whole other area of personal choice and cost.