Thinking about getting a 10 mm

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some Glock 20SF to Glock 17 Gen 4 comparison pics:             Conclusion: Glock 20SF is not really that much bigger (or heavier).

So, I just picked up a new Glock 20SF 10 mm. I had decided to keep my G17 because it's good to have a modern pistol shooting a cheap, common caliber, but after just reading about drop-in .40 cal conve

I like the 180 gr in the 10mm. I think that it is the best compromise for velocity vs weight.

Posted Images

man, glock 20s are cool. my friend has one. when he showed it to me, i was in awe. the thing is huge compared to the other glocks i own

Buy a Desert Eagle and carry it daily for a while like I once did, everything else will suddently seem small and down right handy! :lolol:

haha thats funny man. ive seen desert eagles, but never actually held or fired one. i can imagine that getting used to that would make a glock 30 seem pretty tiny though. lol

I have the full-size EAA Witness 10mm and I think it is a great handgun; very accurate, good weight and feel. Only thing about the Witness, in 10mm atleast, the recoil and magazine springs are to weak for any loads hotter then the cheap bulk stuff. The problem is easily fixed with Wolff extra-power recoil and mag springs, I put the 22lbs recoil spring and the +10% extra power mag springs in and now it'll handle any load that I can feed it with ease.

BTW, the factory mag-spring is designed to compress into itself to give you a total of 15 rounds but the Wolff spring just stacks the coils like a normal spring and reduces the mag capacity to 12...but that is still 12+1 rounds of bear stopping 10mm :super:

I have been wanting to get an extended 6" 10mm and a 40S&W barrel for my Witness.

I meant after market anything wise he'll be in a better spot with a Glock.

Can't argue with ya there, but EAA does have quit a few accessories for their Witness line including kits to convert your Witness frame to shoot 22LR, 9mm, 38 Super, 40S&W, 10mm and 45scp. I would rather just get another gun instead of a conversion kit (except for a 40 barrel for my 10mm) but I also have a Witness Compact in 45...that way I have both size frames in-case I ever wanted to convert one.

You can also get stuff to turn your ordinary Witness into any level of "race gun" that you can think of.

• 1 month later...

man, glock 20s are cool. my friend has one. when he showed it to me, i was in awe. the thing is huge compared to the other glocks i own

Buy a Desert Eagle and carry it daily for a while like I once did, everything else will suddently seem small and down right handy! :lolol:

Had a buddy that bought a Desert eagle 50 and every time he shot the casing would come back and hit him in the forehead. He was actually bleeding after a few rounds. Is this "normal"? He let me shoot a couple of rounds, but I don't remember that happening. It was in 1986, 1987 or so. I just remember - Man that gun was big and heavy, and it made his forehead bleed, and the bullets back then were about a dollar a shot. (it was in Houston)