Side Mount Options

I've owned a Belarus-made side mount from Kalinka optics for a few years now and I have liked it. Now I have a problem though, I recently finished my conversion and the stock tube I used has a single point sling attachent built into it, with this stock tube I cannot slide the mount onto the rail.......sure I could remove the stock tube, slike it on, then reinstall the stock, but why the heck would i want to do that everytime i need to remove the scope, and dust cover to clean it?

So.............does anyone know of any side mounts that attach through a different method than being slid on from the rear? ie....slide on from front to rear, or somehow clip on?

THANKS

So.............does anyone know of any side mounts that attach through a different method than being slid on from the rear? ie....slide on from front to rear, or somehow clip on?

THANKS

Unfortunately they don't work that way, they are meant to slide on from the rear.

Z

I'm looking for a mount that lets you still use the irons. I've seen a rail that has a "V" in it, so you can still see the irons under the scope but I can't find where I saw it. Anyone know whaere to look?

Most if not all of the side mounts let you use the irons (I have 3 different ones, and they all do.)

I'd actually like one lower - cheek weld (chin weld in this case) is an issue.

My soon to be released side mount might fit your bill. It allows cowitness yet is high enough to allow you to field strip the rifle (Beta tester confirmed it doesn't allow bolt carrier removal on S308's - working on that part).

There are also a couple of clamp on designs that should allow you to remove them without sliding, but with these you are going to be hit or miss (literally) with your return to zero.

Additional option would be the Ultimak.

Edited by Horse

I'm looking for a mount that lets you still use the irons. I've seen a rail that has a "V" in it, so you can still see the irons under the scope but I can't find where I saw it. Anyone know whaere to look?

Firefield makes one.

My soon to be released side mount might fit your bill. It allows cowitness yet is high enough to allow you to field strip the rifle (Beta tester confirmed it doesn't allow bolt carrier removal on S308's - working on that part).

There are also a couple of clamp on designs that should allow you to remove them without sliding, but with these you are going to be hit or miss (literally) with your return to zero.

Additional option would be the Ultimak.

cowitnessing isn't a worry of mine, but if you have any specific products with web addresses for clamp on side mounts, i would appreciate that, I have no experience with them