Cobra's Custom New Years Day Sale!

Starting 1/1/11 we will be offering the same high quality, and extremely effective bolt, carrier, hammer, and trigger modifications for all Saigas and AKs. These mods are the most effective on the S-12 and S-20, but will also enhance the performance of any new AK rifle or shotgun. For several years we have offered this service to members here, and on other forums, and have made many many happy customers along the way. I know of no one who has paid full price for these mods who has not been absolutely blown away by the finish product, and the way my work improved the performance of their Saiga.

The economy sucks now, and apparently there is also new competition in the marketplace, so we have decided to drop prices to make it more affordable in these trying times.

New prices are as follows:

Complete bolt and carrier re-profiling and polish, addressing ALL areas of friction between all metal parts..... $75.00 plus shipping with delivery confirmation.

Turnaround time is usually around 1 week, depending on workload at the time.

We will include the extractor tuning and polishing for free also! (used to be $15)

As a FREE bonus, just to sweeten the deal.....you can now send along your hammer, or complete FCG to be re-profiled and polished for greatly improved performance. This is a $25 savings in cost, but a huge value in performance, especially with the bolt carrier mods. The improved interaction between rounded and polished hammerface, and lower part of the bolt carrier, is most of what makes this service beneficial to the Saiga.

Of course, the modifications done to the bolt itself are also a huge performance enhancer, and make loading a full mag on a closed bolt not just possible, but easy. Who needs a LRBHO with this mod? (*rhetorical question*...)

Send us your factory gas regulator (plug) too and I will modify it to work more efficiently and you won't need an after market gas plug, unless you just want more options with different types of ammo. This will also be included FREE of charge for a limited time.

This sale will go on until further notice, so get in while you can.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season from Cobra's Custom!

:xmas:

• Like 1

Damn that's a hell of a deal. Wish I needed that work done!!!

ETA: when we going to have a fun day shoot day?

Just gimme a buzz cuz! I'm here most of the time. I'm sure we can schedule something. Maybe even get Warrior Judge down here to join us....

The economy sucks now, and apparently there is also new competition in the marketplace, so we have decided to drop prices to make it more affordable in these trying times.

This sale will go on until further notice, so get in while you can.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season from Cobra's Custom!

:xmas:

This drop is 100% in response to his competition refusing his pleas to price fix.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 3

quick question, and a noob one at that: my s12 isn't converted, can the FCG mods still be done and still be just as effective?

Just polishing.

The Tapco G2 is larger than the S-12 factory hammer, so over-profiling a factory hammer would be really easy.

Polishing all metal to metal contact surfaces can help, but profiling is usually uncalled for.

If one takes much off the upper horn of a factory hammer, the carrier may have a hard time pushing it down into the disconnecter & that's dangerous.

ETA, keep in mind, the trigger & connecting lever are peened in there, so if one were to go that route & wanted the parts polished, they would need to remove the pins with a punch & re-peen to install, or come up with long rivets.

Or, look ghetto by using screws.

Edited by Paulyski

Just polishing.

The Tapco G2 is larger than the S-12 factory hammer, so over-profiling a factory hammer would be really easy.

Polishing all metal to metal contact surfaces can help, but profiling is usually uncalled for.

If one takes much off the upper horn of a factory hammer, the carrier may have a hard time pushing it down into the disconnecter & that's dangerous.

ETA, keep in mind, the trigger & connecting lever are peened in there, so if one were to go that route & wanted the parts polished, they would need to remove the pins with a punch & re-peen to install, or come up with long rivets.

so the moral of the story is - don't mess with with factory FCG. thats cool. I still might do all the other stuff.

Just polishing.

so the moral of the story is - don't mess with with factory FCG. thats cool. I still might do all the other stuff.

No. Not really.

The factory FCG has many more metal to metal points than the traditional AK group, so it could actually benefit more from the polish, if done well.

The thing is, reinstallation & PROPER removal to allow for reinstallation.

to reuse the long rivets that secure the trigger, connecting lever & axis pin retaining spring, use a punch rather than drilling them out.

Then one would have to take care to restore the ends of the pins to re-insert & peen them back down.

It would just be a pain in the arse.

I, however, am unaware of the steel type of the lever or pins, but I would assume they would be steel that's not too prone to rust like the majority of the FCG.. I am unsure though, & could be wrong.

I've never seen a gun from a guy who doesn't want it converted, so I usually just put the stuff in a baggie & it goes home with the guy & likely in the trash.

However if maintained & polished well at all metal to metal contact points, including those on the trigger axis & trigger hook axis, the reduction of friction & smoothening of steel like greased glass as some polish to, it would greatly improve the trigger which really lacking on factory configured Saigas.

Once again, it would simply be kind of a pain on your part

Edited by Paulyski

Hey Stormy

I'll look and see if I can scrounge up another bottle. Didn't get a chance to make a new batch this season with everything going on.

If there's anyone truly interested in this service and wants more info then please post in my business section, or just send me or Racegal a PM.

http://forum.saiga-1...=0

I have re-openend the thread now after shutting it down from troll abuse. :rolleyes:

I can communicate with serious customers there without any cock blocking or trolling getting in the way....

Thanks

I seem to remember Cobra's customs being quite voicetrous & adamant while saying Mike Davidson should refund the difference in price to his recent customers & vendors, back when Mike dropped the drum's price...

I wonder if Cobra's customs be following their former sentiments? :unsure:

But I think I'd likely be labeled a troll if I asked that perfectly relevant question.

• Like 4

I was thinking of sending my off for work. I could do it my self at work. We have a benching dept. But someone will rat you out no guns or gun parts. Allowed at work. Hate to lose my job for $75.00 job. My gun is new only 150 rounds thur. should I wait or send it in.

or you could get a grinder from Harbor Freight and a polishing wheel for a few bucks and DIY and have a new tool out of the deal for around $50. I can e-mail you a 20% off coupon to bring it down to $40ish.

caspian

Edited by Caspian
  • Like 1

I seem to remember Cobra's customs being quite voicetrous & adamant while saying Mike Davidson should refund the difference in price to his recent customers & vendors, back when Mike dropped the drum's price...

I wonder if Cobra's customs be following their former sentiments? :unsure:

But I think I'd likely be labeled a troll if I asked that perfectly relevant question.

:lolol::lolol:

You guys just keep having fun with my thread like the bunch of little trolling circle jerks that you are. :rolleyes:

Aside from about a dozen dipsy trolls, there are hundereds of others here that do appreciate what I've done around here.

• Like 1

Requesting this thread just be closed and all interested parties with something POSITIVE to say just can just post in my vendor section.

Closed per request by your friendly neighborhood staff...