Kalifornia BS mail order ammo law... And Reloading

Been a bit upset about this and think it's time to learn to reload my own ammo. A few questions though.

The new law does not cover any reloading components right? I can still mail order whatever I need to reload?

Secondly I am looking to reload 12G, as well as 9mm, and possibly .308. I know there are specific shotshell reloaders but is there a loader that does it all or is it cost prohibitive and I would be better of getting two different presses? (Budget is a HUGE consideration for me).

Lastly any good books on starting to learn how to reload? Shot shells look easy enough but the handgun/rifle stuff looks like there are a few extra steps....

Thanks!

Rob

• 1 month later...

Rifle/pistol and shotgun reloading is fundamentally different; you really need two presses. If you shoot any decent amount, however, the equipment will pay iteself back fairly quickly.

9mm and basic 12ga ammo, however, will take longer to pay back as assembling from components allows you to construct BETTER ammo for the price you'd may for a Wal-Mart bulk pack, but it's hard to get CHEAPER right now.

• 2 weeks later...