Scope mount off center?

Any pics?

A large number of combloc optics are offset to the left but the trend lately seems to be more centered designs. Side rail mounts like you are describing with weaver or picatinny rails are typically more centered...I've only seen one that was offset to the right.

Z

I dunno, it looks like the rings themselves could be offset, like maybe they were intended for a more leftish rail mount.

Do you have a side picture? I'd like to see what kind of mount it is, or at least how it compares to the stuff I'm familiar with.

Z

I just thought of something. Are all Saiga receivers the same width? Like is the Saiga 12 receiver wider then the Saiga .223? If so, maybe I have a scope mount for a Saiga 12, or one with a wide receiver? That would make sense.

Almost all AK-based receivers are the same width. A side mount being off-center is not a surprise.

Try a quad-rail fore arm and mount optics on that. That's what I did when my side mount left me 2" right at 25yds. with no adjustment left. Even after shim's were added. I'm now using a fore end mounted aim-sport holographic sight with good results so far. Only complaint is it seems like you have to choose only one of the four available reticle's since changing in between requires adjusting for point of impact. Maybe because it's not a high dollar site, nevertheless I only plan on using the bulls eye reticle, one positive I like is the dot size at longer range, instead of covering up the target it only appears to be the size of a door knob at 300yds. Hope this is helpful info.

In designing my mount I found it impossible to center an optic on a wide variety of guns without having adjustment built in.

Rommys are different than Bulgies etc. Any non adjustable mount might or might not work for yours.

• 1 year later...

Is the inside of the vertical part smooth like the outside? If so cut it in half, dead center of the slots on the side. Lap the top over the bottom as low as the scope will allow, and screw the 2 pieces together.