Suggestions for Side mount???

I need an AK side rail scope mount that will slide on from the front instead of the more common one which attach from back to front...........this is due to a single point sling ring on my stock tube that interferes with any mounts that slide on from the rear

PLEASE attach some links if you have any ideas, and the SVD mounts won't work obviously becase the rails are different........i just dont know if anyone makes actually AK mounts that slide on from the front, ughh

Like I said in the other thread, they aren't meant to slide on from the front. As someone else posted you might be able to try a screw on mount but I've never seen one I thought worth a dang.

The SVD mount does fit the rail, its just not tall enough to clear the AK receiver cover. Some AK specific optics use a modified SVD mount that is high enough for the optic to slide over the top cover...so the rail is universal and the SVD mount will fit, but it may or may not be tall enough for an AK.

Z

I need an AK side rail scope mount that will slide on from the front instead of the more common one which attach from back to front...........this is due to a single point sling ring on my stock tube that interferes with any mounts that slide on from the rear

PLEASE attach some links if you have any ideas, and the SVD mounts won't work obviously becase the rails are different........i just dont know if anyone makes actually AK mounts that slide on from the front, ughh

Perhaps a side mount that never has to be removed would work for you. As long as there is clearance to remove the dustcover for maintenance, you could just leave it on all the time. You put the side mount on the gun, then reinstall your stock.

Another possibility is a gas tube optics mount.