OK, how many of us have given names to our weapons?

I have here and there, but not to all of them. Some examples are:

Shelly: For a shotgun with a lot of shells (ie S-12 w/ drum?)

Long John or Long Tall Sally: For a really long barrel rifle

Black Betty: For an evil "black gun" (assault rifle)

Plum Bob: An AK in plum furniture

Odie: A rifle that's OD green duracoated

Thought of some Russian names for Saigas.....

Boris or Natasha for either an S-12, an S-20 or a 410 since all would be suitable to "kill a squirrel". 12 ga could do a moose too. lol

Any other suggestions?

• Like 1

Well I got Blondie & Blackie

and then the Black Widow

and Red

and OMG love plum Bob! :lolol: ...lol can I borrow that? still haven't named my Plum x39 yet...hmmm maybe Lisha...

....there's "Allley" ...the the Alliance Armament dookie gun that I brought back from ? ummmm

The rest don't have names yet...except one....

The 5.45 I'm naming Sandi

:super:

I haven't really gone toward naming guns on a large scale, but I have recently been calling a Yugoslavian M59/66A1 SKS of mine "Scar" due to the battle scars on the stock an worn bluing, in addition to the fact that I somehow managed to break the gas valve button off by banging it into something (fortunately, I found a cheap replacement from CNC Warrior).

Edited by 7N6Wolf

My friends and I had a tradition when we were single of naming our guns after the next women we slept with after we purchased them... It works when you are still having a bunch of one night stands and short flings.

Now that I am in a committed relationship, I cannot use that method, and I can't use the names out loud for the ones I have.

I'm trying to develop another system.

• Like 1

OMG love plum Bob! :lolol: ...lol can I borrow that?

Sure.

they are tools to me. I don't give my hammers and wrenches names either...

I agree that the person is the weapon and everything else is just a tool, but I still enjoy naming some of my tools. I have a leather maul (mallet) used in leather tooling. I named him Darth Maul and colored him red and black. :rolleyes:

Edited by Corbin

My S-12 is "GUHOR" A Russian radio term meaning "I can't hear you at all, Say Again". (equal to our QSA 1)

Not meant to be a sexual comment at all. I learned that when I heard the term on the air, I could count on several repeats of whatever I was listening to at the time...that made my job a lot easier back in the days of Morse work.

If anything, My Saiga goes a long way at making my HD job easier here !

Edited by Mayor Al

Mine have all been named "You cock sucking son-of-a-bitch" at one time or another.:rolleyes:

021.gif man i can relate to that!

i name guitars, motorcycles, and dogs. never felt the need to name my guns. I call mine "the Colt", "the .380", and "shotgun". maybe once i get more, i'll need a better system to differentiate, but for now it works....

.450 Bushmaster AR = "Thumper" or "Mjolnir"

"Boris or Natasha for either an S-12, an S-20 or a 410 since all would be suitable to "kill a squirrel". 12 ga could do a moose too. lol"

>>Funny after sitting in the woods for the 3rd time and not seeing a damn deer I seriously pondered popping a lonely squirrel that came along with the .450. Didn't because while the miniature pink mist cloud left behind ,while awesome, would be kinda a dick thing to do.

Edited by xxINFIDELxx

OMG love plum Bob! :lolol: ...lol can I borrow that?

Sure.

they are tools to me. I don't give my hammers and wrenches names either...

I agree that the person is the weapon and everything else is just a tool, but I still enjoy naming some of my tools. I have a leather maul (mallet) used in leather tooling. I named him Darth Maul and colored him red and black. :rolleyes:

Pretty funny Corbin! I bet that maul is a badass too! :)

I don't name my guns. They are referred to by model name.

I guess that system will fail when I get more than one of a model.

My truck is the 4-banger of Fury (spoof off the Tacoma 4 Wheels of Fury

ad from a couple years ago, it being a Tacoma with a 4.) My 72 Chevy is

the Blue Demon.

OK... guess I've got to come clean...

My full frame 45acp is "Dad", my carry 45 acp is "Junior", the wife's 357 with pink grips is "The Bitch" (she named that one). The 12ga Pump (dressed out) is "Wild Thing" (it's a Maverick), the Saiga 308 is "Dr. Reach", and my 45 acp Carbine is just "Uncle "...

... at least for now....