M70 barrels on Romanian kits

Hi everybody.

I just got a great deal on some Yugoslavian M70 barrels, after planning to build on a Romanian kit.

I believe the Yugo barrels are a bit thicker than others, and I would deduce from this that there may be fitting issues with the gas block, fsb, trunnion.

Just wondering if anybody has ever tried this, or knows if/how it could work.

Thanks in advance.

The barrels are thicker in diameter. The journal that fits in the front trunnion is the same at 23mm but all the others for the rear sight block, gas block, and the

front sight are all bigger. The handguard retainer is the same diameter but there are no slots on the sides of the barrel to accept the romanian retainer.

The handguards are longer on the yugo barrel as well. ( not 100% about that.). It will take some time on a lathe if you want the Romy. parts to fit. If you can

get someone to turn them cheap and if they clean up good inside go for it otherwise might be best to find some yugo kits.

• Like 1

I looked at that as well and leaves very little material. I dont think I would want a gas block bouncing

off my face. Might be best to sell for what you want. If the barrels are good, not rare, but few and far between,

build a yugo kit that doesn't have a good barrel. They are heavy duty for sure.