Saiga .223 Dinzag Bullet Guide

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of installing a Saiga .223 Bullet-Guide from Dinzag, but I'm wondering what magazines would work with it after I install the BG. Also, are there any modifications I would have to do to the magazines or the rifle's magazine mag-well to make the magazines fit properly?

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of installing a Saiga .223 Bullet-Guide from Dinzag, but I'm wondering what magazines would work with it after I install the BG. Also, are there any modifications I would have to do to the magazines or the rifle's magazine mag-well to make the magazines fit properly?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mrvash,

Most milspec magazines should work with Dinzag's bullet guide. I have Galil Orlites, Galil steels, East German Weigers, and Bulgarian Circle 10s that all function in my rifle flawlessly. However, there seems to be some variety in the Saiga 223 magwells, and thus some variety of experience.

The Weigers and the Circle 10s are likely to require modification of the mag and the rifle. The Orlites need only a minor exterior modification that takes less than a minute with a dremel. Galil steels needed no modification in my gun, but sit too low in some people's rifles. All of the mods that may need to be made for the various kinds of mags have been documented on this forum, so don't be afraid to do them, and don't short-change yourself by using the inferior U.S.-made mags.

From what I've read on this forum, and from my own experience, the Orlites are probably the most trouble-free. That is, I've never heard anyone say that they tried them and had them not work in their rifle, nor does anyone need to make any difficult mods to get them to work. However, they do have some wobble, but nothing to worry about in my view.

You can get Orlites and Galil steels for $20 presently, Weigers for $30, and new Circle 10s for $25 or so.

Jim

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • Like 1

+1 JD... We seem to be the "alternate mag" advocates for .223 lately!

You forgot the Tapco Galil 30 round mags. I'm going to beat one up and write up the results this week by the way!

Oh, and that the crappy ProMag you were suckered into buying by the low, low price but broke the first time you used it is functional again... (breathe)

Edited by bohound