DInzag bullet guide probs

Are you sure it isn't hitting the hex bolt that screws it in? It's possible that the screw isn't seated deep enough in the BG to allow the bolt to pass over it.

Back in 09 Brian had a limited run of BG's that were out of spec that way, according to an email I got from him back then. The problem at that time was exactly that the screw didn't seat deep enough. If it's out of spec I'm sure he'll send you a new one.

If its actually hitting the edge of the BG see if you can turn it around and slide the longer part under the breech, I think my friend and I had to do that to one of his 7.62's but it's been a while and I don't recall specifically anymore.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just added Dinzag's BG and put 90 rounds through my converted 5.45.

When field stripped for cleaning, I noticed gauges on the BG.

I have round trunion, got matching BG, centered to mag (Tapco), but those damages are concerning me.

Anyone had something like that happened?

I also have spare Bulgarian original AK-74 BG, which consider to install next.

Nevertheless, 100 rounds before BG and 90 after- no jams at all.

post-28515-0-34483300-1295613360_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Just added Dinzag's BG and put 90 rounds through my converted 5.45.

When field stripped for cleaning, I noticed gauges on the BG.

I have round trunion, got matching BG, centered to mag (Tapco), but those damages are concerning me.

Anyone had something like that happened?

I also have spare Bulgarian original AK-74 BG, which consider to install next.

Nevertheless, 100 rounds before BG and 90 after- no jams at all.

Gauges or finish wear? Mine has the latter, but it is not easy to tell from your picture about yours.

Gauges or finish wear? Mine has the latter, but it is not easy to tell from your picture about yours.

It's more of the deep scratches/light gauges with metal shaved off; well beyond the finish wear.

It feels like casing "neck" is hitting the front edge of the BG.

I was wondering why BG edge is not beveled as aggressively as Bulgarian (from K-VAR).

Button head BG screw sits deep and not affected. I wonder if issue relates to Tapco mags only, and its follower sitting lower than Saiga's.

I'm thinking of touch-painting it over and use Saiga's only for troubleshooting round, before removing for modifications/replacement.

P.S. After closer look I wonder if it's happening during casing extraction, as greater damage is at the side of the screw, and not the front edge.

post-28515-0-29062900-1295712318_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Raven

I've made my own from a pipe and noticed the same thing, first the bolt seemed like it was hittin gthe edge but then it seemed like the case neck was hitting so I "ramped" it a little because I also noticed on the pics of some bullet guides there's a ramp on each corner.

Just dremel it.

There was also a batch where the THICKNESS was a question mid-last year..

Maybe you need the flat 5.45x39 guides?? (just askin).. I would try to dremel it down..

My 545x39 was a FLAT type..

Al

Thank you all, Guys.

I'll remove it, dremmel it to the bottom of the deepest gauge, and re-paint for troubleshooting.

Thankfully, BG's metal is much softer than bolt's: I'd rather have BG damaged vs. matching bolt.

If I have to replace it with something, I'll go with Bulgie I've got from K-VAR (picture below).

Will update once done with next step.

AK-545BG.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Raven

The screw head on the BG in my 7.62 got lightly filed down some from rounds or the bolt (no signs of scratches on the bolt). It worried me at first but never got any worse. It was nowhere near the amount of scrapping in the above image. Looks like dremel time for sure.

Without changing the OP...defiantly good BG info... when did you all decide to put one in?

I'm having occasional last round jams. No particular mag and no distinct pattern (other than last round).

When I first got the 5.45 I debated and read in here whether or not to install one. I'm thinking it may be time now...

Edited by NM0

Question...did this bullet guide actually come from Dinzag himself?

Yes,

Ordered directly from Dinzag and specifically for round trunion.

<<< Product : Quantity : Price

545RTK Guide Kit : 1 : 25.00

Subtotal : 25.00

Shipping : 4.50

TOTAL : 29.50>>>

The screw head on the BG in my 7.62 got lightly filed down some from rounds or the bolt (no signs of scratches on the bolt). It worried me at first but never got any worse. It was nowhere near the amount of scrapping in the above image. Looks like dremel time for sure.

Without changing the OP...defiantly good BG info... when did you all decide to put one in?

I'm having occasional last round jams. No particular mag and no distinct pattern (other than last round).

When I first got the 5.45 I debated and read in here whether or not to install one. I'm thinking it may be time now...

I ordered BG right away, as part of conversion, but it took like 4 weeks to receive it, so I started using Tapco mags without the guide.

I've had 2 last round jams before the BG installation, but both traced to same Tapco mag (one of 3 I have).

I also noticed deep dents on extracted casings (I didn't take a picture), which worried me, but not a single jam.

Overall, 100 rounds before BG and 90 after- no jams at all.

After BG installed, 3x30 rounds, including the "troubled" mag described above, no issues.

Coincident or not, we'll see.

• Like 1

Cool...thanks for the info. I may just go ahead and pick one up.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Installing BG was easy, as trunnion is not as hard a barrel (when drilling for FSB/MB notches).

See Dinzag's installation manual and make sure you ceneterd it well (I recommend marking it with empty magazine in place, so you could make a reference/center it to mag's follower).

http://www.dinzagarms.com/downloads/bg_install.pdf

Have fun!

I also noticed deep dents on extracted casings (I didn't take a picture), which worried me, but not a single jam.

I can almost guarantee that it's from the case hitting the dust cover. Take off the dust cover and see how far the empties fly. they won't be dented either.

• Like 1

I've removed and rounded bullet guide to the bottom of the deepest gauge.

Followed up with 2-step sanding.

Put 85 rounds through with no other issues, than Tapco mag's last round getting stock in a mag.

Took mags apart, cleaned and lubed though.

One more try and that's it for Tapco.

Guys are right: should go with good ol' proven original Comrade Kalashnikov's Bakelites...

• 2 weeks later...

My trunnion is flat. I don't think I've read anywhere where there were problems with Dinzag's flat trunnion bullet guides.

Funny, I could get 'em to feed out of a circle 10 and a circle 21 fine just cycling the bolt, but when the time came to shoot, every 3rd one would jam up. I'm glad I ordered that thing, reloading that little ten round mag gets irritating.