5.45x39 Ammo deal

I ordered some of the Tula 5.45 and Grafs called me the next day and said they mislabeled- 20 rounds per box, rather than 25. They said they would send me a couple free boxes to make up the difference. Good on them. But be aware it is 20 rounds per.

Yup. My order arrived today. 20/box 50/case. But Grafs took care of me for the error in product description.

(Besides of being non-corrosive) what difference have you experienced while using 60 grain FMJ vs. Eastern Block Mil-surplus 52/53 grains?

Natches listing 70 grain Wolf (2460 f/s velocity). Have anyone tried it?

• 3 weeks later...

AIM has been the best deal I've found. I almost bought a cse but I found one for cheaper at a gunshow, lol. He had allot, I'm getting another one soon.

I'm telling you, go to your local gunshows if you have them. You'll save on shipping if you find bulk cases. I almost got some 7.62 but this f*cktard in front of me bought it all.

AIM has 5.45 x 39 Russian ammo in a 1080 round case for $129.95. If you buy 2 or more, they drop down to $119.95 per case and they charge $20.00 to ship each case. I believe that this ammo is corrosive but that is still a good deal to me for this price.

As alternative to above, I found that Sportsman's Guide, sells 1080 can of 5.45 for $154 retail, bur charging much less for shipping than AIM's ~$30.

OR, it's $147 for SG Club members: worth in my case, as you get 2x$10 certs, plus it's always $10 off codes on their site or with every purchase of $99 or more.

So, $127 after discounts, and something like $15 S&H.

I really like them.

Competition rocks!

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=5.45x39

Put in your zip and it will give total cost per round counting shipping. I can't think any of any deal I've seen where I couldn't find it cheaper by checking GunDeals first, he does a great job of keeping up with all this.

BLAMBLAM64 the ammo you're talking about is corrosive, but just rinse with water when you are done shooting and clean normally afterwards.

Z

• Like 1

http://gun-deals.com...caliber=5.45x39

Put in your zip and it will give total cost per round counting shipping. I can't think any of any deal I've seen where I couldn't find it cheaper by checking GunDeals first, he does a great job of keeping up with all this.

Z

Incredible!

Thanks a lot.

AIM comes on top.

As alternative to above, I found that Sportsman's Guide, sells 1080 can of 5.45 for $154 retail, bur charging much less for shipping than AIM's ~$30.

OR, it's $147 for SG Club members: worth in my case, as you get 2x$10 certs, plus it's always $10 off codes on their site or with every purchase of $99 or more.

I really like them.

SG will match Aim's prices. I normally buy two 1080 round tins of bulgy 7n6 from SG and then email their customer service department AIM's URL and tell them to match their price. They ALWAYS match it and I get the 4 payment plan, the $10 off coupon and cheaper shipping for AIM's $119.95 price :chris:

Edited by wnycollector

AIM has 5.45 x 39 Russian ammo in a 1080 round case for $129.95. If you buy 2 or more, they drop down to $119.95 per case and they charge $20.00 to ship each case. I believe that this ammo is corrosive but that is still a good deal to me for this price.

I really like them.

Competition rocks!

how do you use 2 $10 certs or codes on one 1080can?

I really like them.

Competition rocks!

I use one cerificate for $10 off purchase of $99 or more, plus another $10 off certificate (one of two) that came with Membership package.

First certificate could be found in their catalogs.

I really like them.

Competition rocks!

I use one cerificate for $10 off purchase of $99 or more, plus another $10 off certificate (one of two) that came with Membership package.

First certificate could be found in their catalogs.

at checkout i can`t get it to take more than 1 code, are you ordering online? thanks i have one certificate and 1 code, where do you enter them ?

Edited by ak karl
at checkout i can`t get it to take more than 1 code, are you ordering online? thanks i have one certificate and 1 code, where do you enter them ?

I recall trying pasting the numbers into different areas.

Your Club Savings Certificate number goes into top window,

Try to paste $10 off into remaining ones ('Gift Certivicate" or "Rewards").

Sorry, I don't recall exact details.

In the worst case scenario, just call (1-800-458-3006 for Club Members) and ask them to match the AIM (or whoever's) deal, and then give them your certs numbers on a top.

Hope that will help!

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • 4 months later...

The Fleet Farms stores have mil spec on the shelf for $149. Picked up a case. They also have Tantals for $409! Nicer then the one I have with the 8:1 twist (said it on tag).

Also had crates of 7.62x39 mil surp as well as 7.62x54r.

Happy days!

Frosty

• 8 months later...
Also can anyone confirm wolf ammo = lead, and surplus = steel core?

Yes, WPA (Wolf) is 60gr FMJ lead core with a hollow cavity and milsurp is 53gr with steel core/hollow cavity.

M

Edited by m1key
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like them.

Competition rocks!

SH275 for free shipping from sportsmans guide. For the time being at least

Also can anyone confirm wolf ammo = lead, and surplus = steel core?

Yes, WPA (Wolf) is 60gr FMJ lead core with a hollow cavity and milsurp is 53gr with steel core/hollow cavity.

m1key: Where did you learn about the 60 gr WPA ammo having a hollow cavity? I thought it did but cant find any info on it. Thanks

M

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE: m1key: Where did you learn about the 60 gr WPA ammo having a hollow cavity? I thought it did but cant find any info on it.

Knock the tip of the bullet off with a grinding wheel and dress it up with a file. When you're done you'll have a nice, deep hollow point. Feeds reliably too in my rifles with the bullet guide.

M

Edited by m1key