Steel 30 RD Bulgarian mags from aimsurplus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chugo - Chinese Mags imported as Yugo Mags. I like this!   Used in a sentence by Scarface: When chugo to the gunstore to get some magazines, mang?

yeah sal, i was confused by that statement. thnks for the clear up.       some say they received some funky ones, but aim's customer service is good enough you could probably just exchange them.

Its not too bad at all. It should take about 15-30 minutes depending on how careful and patient you go with it.   I used a file with the rounded side and flat side on the opposite side. I felt a squ

Posted Images

ive been told those are commercial produced and are thinner than the older surplus. they probably work just fine though. you should check on the surplus mags at aim. those are very nice mags. all the ones i ordered looked almost new.

ive been told those are commercial produced and are thinner than the older surplus. they probably work just fine though. you should check on the surplus mags at aim. those are very nice mags. all the ones i ordered looked almost new.

You mean these?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&name=Surplus+European+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+30rd+Magazines&groupid=15

I've got about a dozen of the Bulgy ones. They do feel just a bit thinner than my mil-surp stuff, but not enough to notice. They are much nicer than the crappy Korean production mags that were going around. I haven't had a problem with any of mine yet.

If you can get some good surplus mags for around 10 bucks then go for it, but it's always a crapshoot on the internet. I've gotten some that looked new, and some that looked like shit and had dents and rust in the same order when going that route from other places. Can't speak for AIM's European mags though.

From my experience with these, I would choose the Bulgy for an online buy and look for some good surplus that I can inspect/pick myself at the next gunshow.

You mean these?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&name=Surplus+European+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+30rd+Magazines&groupid=15

I got 6 of the flatback mags, nice blued mags but they had burrs around the feed lips where they were ground or machined, needed to de-burr them but they work OK. I just ordered 4 Bulgys from AIM last night, hope they are good.

Ive got a few of those. They are a bit lighter than other com block mags, but they work great. They lock up nice and are still very solid. Some folks dont like them due to the "thin melton" but it really doesnt seem to be an issue. I dont think you will be disappointed in them.

I've got 2, and have another 3 on the way. Feed great, lock great, minimal wobble...not much to complain about. Seem plenty sturdy to me.

Anyone have any experience with the Euros they sell, though? Much of a difference?

Edited by W8lifter

Excuse the noob question but will these http://www.aimsurplu...zine&groupid=15 fit without modification? I thought with the 30rd AK mags the gun had to be modified to accept them. I just ordered a 7.62x39 so I'm in the learning process.

A factory saiga sporter rifle will not accept these magazines. You will need to install a bullet guide and file the magazine catch to accept these mags. You will also need to assure you are 922r compliant. Once you are 922r compliant the modification to accept the magazines to your rifle is the best way to go. That would include filing the magazine catch and installing the bullet guide.

A factory saiga sporter rifle will not accept these magazines. You will need to install a bullet guide and file the magazine catch to accept these mags. You will also need to assure you are 922r compliant. Once you are 922r compliant the modification to accept the magazines to your rifle is the best way to go. That would include filing the magazine catch and installing the bullet guide.

Thanks, I take it filing these down isn't very difficult. I have a conversion kit on order too so I'm good there.

Thanks, I take it filing these down isn't very difficult. I have a conversion kit on order too so I'm good there.

Its not too bad at all. It should take about 15-30 minutes depending on how careful and patient you go with it.

I used a file with the rounded side and flat side on the opposite side. I felt a square style file would trash up the reciever. You could also try a small thin style.

I was very slow and careful while filing so I wouldnt file into other parts of the gun as I said before. Took me a little while longer than normal but I had a nice 6 pack to enjoy while doing it. :smoke:

Basically just file a little bit, then check fit and repeat untill mag locks down. Make sure you also pay attention to file evenly across the mag latch.

• Like 1

Chevy is right on the money, I used a chainsaw file, went nice and slow, spending about 30 minutes to get it to fit my AK30 mag, which basically let me know it could fit all my other mags seeing as the AK30 had the largest tab.

• Like 1

I agree that for the money you are getting great magazines. Out of the box they were a great fit and I have had no issues with them. $8-10 well spent vs. $30 for more Circle 10's.

+1 that you don't have to soak them in mineral spirits to take off a half pound of cosmoline! The grease wipes right off with a rag.

Got my Bulgy mags in from AIM tonight, nice looking mags but they look like they are painted sorta like the Saiga with a textured paint.

Mind throwing up some pics? I'd like to see what the finish looks like.

They look real nice in a Saiga, texture is a little rougher than the rifle but a good match still.post-22699-0-41449000-1294791375_thumb.jpg

Got mine the other day too. They are nice, but just an FYI they have a plastic follower. Not really a big deal, since they are not expensive!

I compared them side by side with the Circle 10 polymer followers, hoping they were the same, but they are 2 different followers. The polymer has never given me any issue though.