At first I thought that it was a mistake on his part, but then I clicked on his other items and saw that he has a Mini 14 in a 223, a Glock 21, a Rem 700 for the same price.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wonder why people do this? I do it to some of my items, not like this, the item may be worth $50-100 less but I am not in a hurry to sell and if someone will pay the price then I sell it to them.....

Go figure........

I always wonder about these. The obvious answer is that these posts rely on a well documented psychological effect where, if a consumer sees something wildly overpriced, it engenders a sense that there is something special about it or that it is extremely scarce.

However, I've speculated for a while that these posts could have other purposes. They could easily be a way of passing covert messages. The mere fact that it was posted could convey a predetermined meaning to another party. It's priced so high so no one will actually buy it.

The other (highly unlikely) possibility is that these overpriced items are in fact placeholders for contriband. Sure, it says that it's a MAK90, but instead a kilo of narcotics show up at your door. This is, of course, particularly unlikely with gunbroker, but you never know.

• Like 1

I always wonder about these. The obvious answer is that these posts rely on a well documented psychological effect where, if a consumer sees something wildly overpriced, it engenders a sense that there is something special about it or that it is extremely scarce.

I would venture to guess ... I mean hope ... that he pressed 9 one to many times and it is supposed to be $599.99, which is closer to average gunbroker price for that rifle.

Its also on another forum. Someone there sent him an email asking if its a typo and if he ment $599. His relply was "no I wount sell it for $599" I think its either A) he thinks it gold or B ) his wife wanted him to get rid of it so he posts it and says see honey, no one wants to buy!. On the other hand it seems like he has a store and its not from a personal collection.

I have seen guys at gunshows sell unconverted saigas with the plug & play pistol grip/stock for close to a G!

Edited by Arik

I have seen guys at gunshows sell unconverted saigas with the plug & play pistol grip/stock for close to a G!

Do they actually get buyers at that price?

One guy at a gunshow had an unconverted Saiga 223 with that lame stock and a 30 round ProMag magazine that he wanted $520 for. Uh, yea, right...

Don't think they do but who knows. The shows last 3 days im there for 2 hours.

Yea they also have CAI wasrs for $500+ depanding if it has a cheap scope or how many ways the stock can fold. The guys that sell them are big musclehead jock types. Only cool thing they have is a huge. 50AA gun

KK knows who they are.

Edited by Arik