Is it me or is there a problem?

I called RAA when I got the gun and they where very cordial. Infact they wanted me to send the gun in. But I thought forsure it was the stock and they said they would send me another stock. . But over Christmas I tried another stock and It sure looks now like it is the gun?

Tell me if you see anything? Just wanted a second opinion before I call them again.

S308.png

S3081-1.jpg

Edited by Okaraider

I called RAA when I got the gun and they where very cordial. Infact they wanted me to send the gun in. But I thought forsure it was the stock and they said they would send me another stock. . But over Christmas I tried another stock and It sure looks now like it is the gun?

Tell me if you see anything? Just wanted a second opinion before I call them again.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/NHMman/S308.png

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/NHMman/S3081-1.jpg

I for one do not see anything wrong, but again those are not the best pics...... So what is wrong with her???

http://i1001.photobu...NHMman/S308.png

http://i1001.photobu...man/S3081-1.jpg

I for one do not see anything wrong, but again those are not the best pics...... So what is wrong with her???

The stock seems to veer to the right (Left in the pics).

Two of my Saigas did this. I filled the screw holes with epoxy and redrilled the screw holes and voila the wobble was gone. Later the wobble returned on my Saiga 308 so I pulled the stock out and doped up the entire area with JB weld and then sanded it stroke by stroke until it fit back into the receiver super tight.The receiver only needs to be .5mm out of spec for the polymer stocks to wobble. The wood stocks usually will not wobble in the exact same receiver but unlaminated wood doesn't impress me as an outdoor friendly stock material.

Edited by SOPMOD

I see it. Contact Cadiz Gun Works to see if its covered under warranty. It wont cause any damage but may affect accuracy in follow up shots. Does the rifle pull up and to the left when you shoot it?

ETA: looking at the picture again, it looks like your trigger guard is mounted slightly crooked. It looks like the angle between the tang and the rear of the receiver on the left side (in the picture) is slightly more acute than the other side.

If you look at where the stock comes in contact with the rear of the receiver, there is a "lip" on the right side of the gun (left in the pics) and a "step" on the left.015.gif

Edited by DrGonZo

I suppose I worded it somewhat wrong, If the buttstock isnt in line with the bore, it will push the rifle opposite to the direction of the bend. This will push the rifle farther off target and in a strange direction and will in turn take LONGER to re-zero on target. As long as the sights are in line with the bore accuracy will be unaffected.

Thats the reason that the buttstock is perfectly lined up with the barrel on an AR15. The M1a had too great of muzzle rise because the butt was LOWER than the barrel (and partly from a larger caliber) so the recoil pushed the muzzle UP and back as opposed to more of a straight back push on an AR.

Castoff is what this is called, the stock not in line with the barrel. Custom shotgun makers do that to custom fit a gun to a shooter. It may not have been intentional but it is not necessarily a bad thing. It can be corrected without too much trouble. Might be able to just loosen the screws and apply some pressure and tighten the screws back, worth a try. Don't think I'd send it back unless it was realy bad and I couldn't fix it easily.

• Like 1

http://i1001.photobu...NHMman/S308.png

http://i1001.photobu...man/S3081-1.jpg

The stock seems to veer to the right (Left in the pics).

Hell, Trap shooters pay big bucks for that..

• 2 weeks later...

The stock is right up against the tang. I think IM going to call RAA back and see if they will fix it?

Thanks

Oka

I think it's just that crappy ass sporter stock. It's probably mis-molded or something. If that's the case, I wouldn't worry.. and convert.

In the case that your rear trunnion is not properly aligned, it could be an issue.

Look at the rear trunnion and see if it looks even inside the back of your receiver. Does anything look off about that? Does the tang seem to not point straight out of the rear of the receiver?