Which parts of the FCG can I re-use?

I know that I'll need to replace the trigger when I convert my rifle. However, I'm trying to keep the costs down. K-Var has a kit that is being all I'll need for a basic conversion. But, I don't see a hammer, or what I think is called the disconnector. Can I simply use the existing Saiga parts for the conversion?

I know that I'll need to replace the trigger when I convert my rifle. However, I'm trying to keep the costs down. K-Var has a kit that is being all I'll need for a basic conversion. But, I don't see a hammer, or what I think is called the disconnector. Can I simply use the existing Saiga parts for the conversion?

I would use parts that are designed to work together or have been tested to work together.

If you want to keep costs down, K-Var does have a $19 FCG that uses a Bulgarian hammer.

I would use parts that are designed to work together or have been tested to work together.

If you want to keep costs down, K-Var does have a $19 FCG that uses a Bulgarian hammer.

Well, K-Var sells the kit...but it looks to me like some things are missing from the fire group. As you can see, some gaps.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16965&cat=335&page=1

The factory fcg is set up for a rear trigger...

ZJu62.jpg

SacVe.jpg

Edited by beefcakeb0

Well, K-Var sells the kit...but it looks to me like some things are missing from the fire group. As you can see, some gaps.

That's a strange way to put together a Saiga conversion kit. You will definitely need a hammer and disconnector.

Thank you. I've emailed K-Var already and so far they haven't responded back. I think I'll give Dinzag or CSC my business.

• Like 1

I don't know that I would potentially compromise reliability and/or performance by hodge-podging a rifle together in order to save money. Get the run of the mill G2 at around $30. If you want to save a dollar or so, you can re-use the factory disconnecter spring. I did it on my first conversion out of necessity.

I haven't tried using the factory hammer. It looks as if it could work, but again- mixing and hopefully matching parts isn't the way I'd like to go with a rifle unless it is necessity. I'm wildly guessing that FCG's are mated, and may have peculiarities between makes- just like everything combloc.

Funny thing, Saiga's help hone a sense of discerning "need" vs. "want"

Edited by bohound

That kit is for an Arsenal SGL10 rifle, do you have that? If not then it is probably not what you need.

No..but why is the kit listed in the "Saiga Conversion Parts" section?

Look up a photo of one, it's like a AK front half, Saiga rear half, still needs pistol grip and trigger job.