Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and bought my saiga 12 back in november. I want to do the conversion and have researched many of the fine people offering this service. My question is for people who've had the R&R conversion. How do you like the ar type safety? The pro and cons of all the changes would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for all the feedback.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and bought my saiga 12 back in november. I want to do the conversion and have researched many of the fine people offering this service. My question is for people who've had the R&R conversion. How do you like the ar type safety? The pro and cons of all the changes would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for all the feedback.

I may be a bit biased, but I've been using this safety for the past 2 years and has greatly improved my speed in getting the gun into action. In addition it makes my Saiga handle more like an AR-15 which I also shoot in competition. The only down side I have heard from anyone is the right side safety lever may contact your trigger finger, but you can easily shorten that lever to what ever length you need.

You may want to post this in the Saiga 12 section to get more feedback from forum members.

Doug

I may be a bit biased, but I've been using this safety for the past 2 years and has greatly improved my speed in getting the gun into action. In addition it makes my Saiga handle more like an AR-15 which I also shoot in competition. The only down side I have heard from anyone is the right side safety lever may contact your trigger finger, but you can easily shorten that lever to what ever length you need.

You may want to post this in the Saiga 12 section to get more feedback from forum members.

Doug

Thanks, I will try that also.

• 1 month later...

The only down side I have heard from anyone is the right side safety lever may contact your trigger finger, but you can easily shorten that lever to what ever length you need.

Is it even necessary for there to BE a lever on the right side after an AR safety installed?

The only down side I have heard from anyone is the right side safety lever may contact your trigger finger, but you can easily shorten that lever to what ever length you need.

Is it even necessary for there to BE a lever on the right side after an AR safety installed?

Both levers are necesary the way it is designed, but you can grind down the one you don't want till it is pretty small and won't get in your way.

Doug

• 1 year later...

Can these safety selector switches be installed as a DIY kit?!? If it doesn't require any special fitting or machining, I'll order NOW!!!

The AR style safety can be DIY installed but it does require some machine work.

Here is a photo of the hole and milled detents for the safety installation.

Doug

post-22191-0-86523200-1350313478_thumb.jpg

After receiving my AR style safety selector and looking over the installation diagram, I feel like there is far more fabrication than I'm willing to do. I want to send my S12 to you guys to install the safety selector, while its there, can you guys also weld the holds in the receiver, cut and weld my brake to my barrel? Let me know..

Thanks

Edited by RGVBadBoy

After receiving my AR style safety selector and looking over the installation diagram, I feel like there is far more fabrication than I'm willing to do. I want to send my S12 to you guys to install the safety selector, while its there, can you guys also weld the holds in the receiver, cut and weld my brake to my barrel? Let me know..

Thanks

You will need to call Robert at (503)551-7283 for that information. You can discuss details and pricing.

Doug

Okay, I freaking out!!!! John Ashtons' build says his safety came with two springs and two ball bearings..... My R&R only came with one of each!!!! I didn't lose anything, I only have one of each.... Can I order new ones?? What do I do?

Don't freak out, help is only a phone call away. There are supposed to be 2 of each. Give Robert a buzz and tell him you are missing a bearing and spring and he will send them to you no charge.

Doug