Aftermarket SAIGA products

#1would be 5 rd mag extensions to make them at least 7 rd mags, we all have some 5 rd mags

#2 US made Mags all together.

#3 a 922r complince kit

#4 bayenett lug & bayenett

Somewhere on this site is a picture of a Saiga with a gas block that has a picatinny rail machined on top of it.

I wish I could get a gas block with the rail machined into the top and bottom, and have the grooves for the RPK style hand guards cast or machined into it.

I wish had the skills of a machinists.

PS,

MAGS,MAGS, MAGS

1. Bolt on AK HG retainers and a sight system that will work with the extra height of the AK upper HG and will make use of the factory dovetail. (hint: the rusmil front sights are 1/2" too low)

2. Mag floorplates are easy and add a compliance part. I've made some.

3. Followers would be more work but a definate plus and you could make different sized ones to serve as mag blocks for hunting. (like the ones they put in the AK 10 rounders to make them hold 5)

4. Working mag extensions would even be better and still a US part.

5. Clamp on bayo lugs like the ones Tony used to make. The M7 bayo fits well on the S12.

6. A similar lug for the S-410 to use with AK bayonettes.

7. Inexpensive muzzle brakes and FHs for all the factory threads.

This is what the sleeve of a 5 round mag could look like without the follower, spring, feed lips, or base plate. I have to figure out how to curve it for the 8 rounder.

Forget about a plastic mag. Tooling is like $20K. Stamping out like the AK mags may be the way to go.

Can someone give me a measurement of the 8 round from the base to the top of the three ribs just before the feed?

the main thing I would like to see is mag lip blocks. that is the one part you need to remake a magazine from another gun. to add further on that point, if you made a mag lip block and also made THAT part the part that connects to the release lever and reciever, one could use those to build up any shotgun mag out there, or even make a sheetmetal box and just pop rivet the thing together.

damn, nobody mentioned mags???

Yeah, what's up with that? I figured they'd get at least a casual mention...hmmmm :rolleyes:

ok...

All this talk of mags is all well and good. But from my standpoint, I don't think now is the time for me to tackle that. I need to start small and work my way up to that point with some products that will help me sustain the cost of doing those things that require much more d & d (and $).

Right now, I've heard of 3(?) different individuals or companies that are addressing the mag issue. Stonycreek Armory, didn't they have some hint of such on their website not that long ago? How about Knoxx, aren't they supposed to be working on a new feed tower for their existing NLFD? And then there's Motorcityman. Who knows what he's up to, (and I'm begining to have some doubts...) but without confirmation either way, I can't completely discount him.

If all things lead me down that road, perhaps I will tackle the mag thing, it certainly was the first thing that came to my mind. Personally, I wish to see all above mentioned mag possibilities work out, as well as the renewed importation of the stock ones. Variety is cool, (and so is the Knoxx NLFD)!

Looks like (besides mags) a bolt-on HG retainer and drop-in PG/stock are at the top of the list.

Keep it coming!

Edited by Jeric