Are Tapco's buttstocks good to go?

I'm still a few weeks out from getting everything I need. I'm a little leary of Tapco, but the price is right, and how hard could it be to make a buttstock? Are their standard AK buttstocks good to go?

They're OK, but the K-Var ones are worth the extra price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I put TAPCO materials on my Saiga when I got it. Thanks to Greg at CSS for suppling it . I think it looks good, and it seems to be holding up well. The only thing I have changed is to remove the bottom rail on the forestock for my handling comfort, The stock seems solid enough.

11049.jpg

I use K-VAR or Bulgarian/Russian stocks on most of my rifles but I do have one regular Tapco AK stock on one rifle and like how it fits on without having to relieve the stock for the plastic hole plugs.

It's certainly easier and more convenient, but the super-tight fit of the K-Var stocks means they are more securely attached to the receiver. Plus, the more substance of the connecting point makes them less likely to break in the event of a hard impact.

I use K-VAR or Bulgarian/Russian stocks on most of my rifles but I do have one regular Tapco AK stock on one rifle and like how it fits on without having to relieve the stock for the plastic hole plugs.

It's certainly easier and more convenient, but the super-tight fit of the K-Var stocks means they are more securely attached to the receiver. Plus, the more substance of the connecting point makes them less likely to break in the event of a hard impact.

my t6 fits really tight. had to force it in and no wobble at all.