Sign in to follow this  
Jpnorris87

223 Fixed Stock

Well, now that Im stuck in the communist state of NY, I gotta get rid of my collapsible stock. Looking for some ideas for a fixed stock. I would like a higher comb than the original AK style stock (gonna have a scope on it). Any ideas? I would like to stick with black synthetic, but Im open to ideas......

I think the best idea would be the skeleton style stock. They make it for converted and unconverted saiga's. Its black and has an ajustable cheak rest incase your using a scope.

Well, now that Im stuck in the communist state of NY, I gotta get rid of my collapsible stock. Looking for some ideas for a fixed stock. I would like a higher comb than the original AK style stock (gonna have a scope on it). Any ideas? I would like to stick with black synthetic, but Im open to ideas......

I live in NY too, and all you have to do is pin your stock in the open position so it doesn't close...no need to have to replace it in that configuration if you don't want to.

I would pin it, but what's the point? If i cant use the stock the way its supposed to be able to be used, then I might as well get one that serves another purpose. I would like to find a higher comb stock, or one with an adjustable cheek piece, b/c the rifle gets shot with a scope on it most of the time. So if anybody knows of any nice stocks like this let me know....

I love my MAA billet skeleton stock. I just used pipe insulation to form a good cheek weld/build up the comb a bit.

Works great, looks mean, and is strong and light!

I also live in NY. I use an Ace skeleton stock. It recoils more straight back than when I had a pinned collapsible tapco. The comb comes up a touch more also. I have a spare riser if you do go that way and don't feel it goes high enough.

I live also in CT. I like the idea of pin the adjustable. U all check out youtube for reviews and maybe post some vids to education the mass, to also help them make educated buying decisions.

I also live in NY. I use an Ace skeleton stock. It recoils more straight back than when I had a pinned collapsible tapco. The comb comes up a touch more also. I have a spare riser if you do go that way and don't feel it goes high enough.