I've been in lust with these rifles ever since I handled one at a local store a while ago. That weapon just feels so nice - very solid and very light, at the same time. That rifle is still not sold, probably because they want $900 for it. Well, today I found this deal online: brand new CZ-USA vz58 for $640. Way cheaper than anywhere else! So, I bit the bullet and ordered one. I should receive it some time next week. Full report is forthcoming!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am here to learn, share knowledge and engage in firearms discussion in a mature manner. I am not at all interested in getting into bickering, fights and making enemies. I try to treat people online

You know I am happy somebody refinished your rifle properly but you are by far the most classless dude I have run across in eons. There is absolutely no reason for you to take a dig at a rifle you adm

Now Spets that is classy and civil. Detente accepted. If you really don't mind I would prefer to stay in the kool aid club if for no other reason to make it easier for others that are interested in fe

Posted Images

Soooo..... you couldn't betray the motherland!?!?! ;)

Ya know... I might play with this VZ for a while and then trade it in towards a purchase of an AR, probably without losing any money on it. I do already have a top notch 7.62x39 mm weapon - my SGL21, but nothing in 5.56x45 mm.

Ya know... I might play with this VZ for a while and then trade it in towards a purchase of an AR, probably without losing any money on it. I do already have a top notch 7.62x39 mm weapon - my SGL21, but nothing in 5.56x45 mm.

I'm quite the opposite. I've got a VZ-58 and I absolutely love it, so I'm hesitant to get an AK platform in 7.62x39. I hope you like yours as much as I love mine. :)

I love vz. 58s. I don't own one, and I've only fired one a couple of times, but I have a shit-ton of parts for them. They're very accurate, reliable guns. If you want an unissued bayonet, mags, fixed or folding stock, or any other parts, shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you with a price.

Maybe if I like this vz58 enough and it out-shoots my SGL21, I will sell the SGL21 and pimp out the VZ the same way. I don't particularly feel the need for two 7.62x39 mm weapons. My approach to owning weapons is rather practical. My buddy ordered one of these $640 vz's too. It will be his first 7.62x39 mm weapon.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I love vz. 58s. I don't own one, and I've only fired one a couple of times, but I have a shit-ton of parts for them. They're very accurate, reliable guns. If you want an unissued bayonet, mags, fixed or folding stock, or any other parts, shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you with a price.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

congrats on your purchase, and at that price you got a good deal. i heard cz usa pulled the vz from their line up of firearms. they are an awesome firearm natural point of aim when shouldered and comfortable, way more than my chicom aks. and pretty accurate, heres a pic of a 20 round continous shot at 50 yards using the sparc red dot

453-1.jpg

congrats on your purchase, and at that price you got a good deal. i heard cz usa pulled the vz from their line up of firearms. they are an awesome firearm natural point of aim when shouldered and comfortable, way more than my chicom aks. and pretty accurate, heres a pic of a 20 round continous shot at 50 yards using the sparc red dot

CZ USA did stop importing these, mostly because of the century parts kit builds at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. The CZ imported guns all came in without bayonet lugs or threaded barrels, as 100% Czech-built guns.

453-1.jpg

Nice looking rig. The closest I've come to "drinking the Czech kool-aid" is the fact that my girl has Czech roots in her family :lolol: .

sweet. I dont like the tactical sporter stocks look. When in doubt go with wood (or at least wood impregnated materials)

You would not say that if you had any idea what unnatural things are done to a tree to make the stuff... :lolol:

• Like 1

sweet. I dont like the tactical sporter stocks look. When in doubt go with wood (or at least wood impregnated materials)

You would not say that if you had any idea what unnatural things are done to a tree to make the stuff... :lolol:

I have a rough idea of what is done. but iam still not sure how the lumberjack proposed to the tree. Did he take it out for coffee or somethin first?

CZ USA did stop importing these, mostly because of the century parts kit builds at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. The CZ imported guns all came in without bayonet lugs or threaded barrels, as 100% Czech-built guns.

actually czechpoint u.s.a was the actually importer for the vz58 for cz-usa at the time. cz imported guns did come with original threaded barrels, but of course with less than 16" had to have a permanent muzzle attached to meet requirements.

Centerfire systems has Czech VZ58's for $349.99 sale. I got a flyer today from them. Link

These are not the real deal, but Century Arms kit hack-jobs, with refinished parts, chromeless US-made barrels, etc. It's like comparing a nice, professionally restored Saiga (like SGL21), to a Century Yugo/WASR. The real Czech (and Russian) guns are much nicer.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • Like 1

actually czechpoint u.s.a was the actually importer for the vz58 for cz-usa at the time. cz imported guns did come with original threaded barrels, but of course with less than 16" had to have a permanent muzzle attached to meet requirements.

Czechpoint still imports and sells the same guns.

453-1.jpg

Do you get any cheek-weld with that stock? Which rail system is that? Does it sit low enough to co-witness with AimPoint Micro (or clones)? What is that pistol grip? Thanks.

453-1.jpg

Do you get any cheek-weld with that stock? Which rail system is that? Does it sit low enough to co-witness with AimPoint Micro (or clones)? What is that pistol grip? Thanks.

dont have a cheek-weld for the original folding stock, just wrapped it with some nylon rope which is good enough for me. the rail system is from fab defense "VFR-VZ aluminum rail system" which i special ordered through the mako group, had to do a little modifying for it to fit. unfortunately does not sit low enough to co witness. the pistol grip is actually from the tactical sporter stock which i had lying around and hacked it off.

Nice looking rifle! I handled one the other day at a local store. It was a CAI. First thing I noticed is how lite it was. Hate the fact that they cant take AK mags. Great looking rifle though.

Can you do me a huge favor? Let me know where the casings eject?

If you want a red dot with co-witnessing, the NEA railed piston cover is the thing to get. I have one on my VZ-58, and it is great. Actually, the whole NEA handguard set is excellent. Neit Designs in Canada is where I got mine. They also have ambi safeties, extended mag releases, etc.

For anyone worried about what stock comes on a particular VZ-58, keep in mind that the stocks are extremely easy to swap out. I find the folding stock to be very comfortable and easy to use. With the NEA railed piston cover, an Aimpoint Micro is mounted low enough so you do get a decent cheek weld.

The casings eject out of the massive ejection port created when the bolt carrier retracts. The top of the bolt carrier forms the whole front half of the receiver "cover," so when it moves back on recoil, that area is totally open. There is almost no way for a stovepipe to occur.