RS AKM cowitness Aimpoint Side Mount

This will be my last post until I change status to vendor out of respect for the forums.

Mounts are in production and will be for sale soon .

Feel free to check my Facebook until I sell a couple and can change my status to vendor.

• 1 month later...

This will be my last post until I change status to vendor out of respect for the forums.

Mounts are in production and will be for sale soon .

Feel free to check my Facebook until I sell a couple and can change my status to vendor.

Apparently the first units have been shipped and will be at Brownells for sale next week

Item number is 100-007-038 but it's not in stock yet, I checked. Keep checking and it should show up pretty soon.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

TX-Zen and/or anyone else who knows; will this mount work with a PK-23?

pk23eastwave.jpg

img00481201008272224.jpg

PA,

I sent HORSE that very question and he replied that he was unsure ....commented that perhaps it would have to be inverted?

Originally I recall seeing various discussions around the net commenting how it was designed for a PK23 as well as the Aimpoint - this was right after Kalinka's "Heffron" mount was released to less than stellar reviews.

Im anxiously awaiting more feedback in general on Horses's mount and hopefully sdomeone will have a PK23 to try out on the mount.

Cheers,

Harv

Yeah, I've seen some comments on some forums claiming that it should work since it uses a 30mm ring, but those were made before the product was released. I just don't want to spend ~$140 on a mount only to find out that it won't fit my optic, (PK-23).

I guess Brownell's would take it back if it wouldn't work, but I'd prefer to avoid that hassle.

I don't see why it wouldn't being that it's a 30mm tube also, but with combloc optics anything goes I suppose

I have a PK02 which is the forerunner of the PK23, I'm going to get Horse's mount in a week or so and find out if it fits. I'm confident enough in what Horse has said about the PK23 to feel like this will work for the PK02, I can't see it would be that much different than the PK23

Z

LiquidMetal's comments and photos:

Got my PK-23 mounted on my Romy G. Everything went quick, easy, and drama-free.

Technically, the PK-23 does co-witness with this mount. Problem is, it's a lower 1/5 or 1/6 co-witness, not really all that usable in my opinion. With the emitter of the PK-23 at the five o'clock position, it's mighty crowded down there in the extreme lower part of the FOV. I tried this PK-23/ RS mount combo on three different rifles and the situation is the same. There is only a 1/32" gap between the PK-23 and the dust cover, so I don't think it was ever meant to happen.

I could rotate the PK ninety degrees in the mount to get the emitter a little farther out of the way but I'm not going to bother.

The mount is extremely high quality and I had zero issues with it. With the ability to adjust this mount left to right, I was able to perfectly center it over the bore with little effort. The lack of a truly usable co-witness with the PK-23 and this mount is a non-issue with me. It would have been nice but it certainly was not mandatory. My hat is off to Horse for really bringing a superior optic mount to market.

I apologize in advance for these pics, they are not good and I will replace them at some point. Better than nothing for the moment.

5ad2bf60.jpg

392ee4dc.jpg

e1d60fd4.jpg

Edited by TX-Zen
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info, TX Zen. :up:

With a "lower 1/5 to 1/6 cowitness" at best, (on a PK-23), I think I'll pass.. the mount that came with the scope is centered over the bore and sits low enough to allow me to keep a cheekweld, (unlike the BP-02 and similar designs), while using it.

Still, the RS AKM is a very cool product and I'll be interested to see what mounts he develops in the future.

PK02 rotated so emitter is at 2 o'clock. Someone was reporting FTE when empties were hitting the battery compartment on a PK23 with the emitter at 5 o'clock

You can barely get a cowitness on battlesight, not at all on 1 or 2.

PK02-HorseMount-Left-SGL31Close.JPG

Z

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, I was about 95% sure I was going to pick up a TWS cover and found this tonight. The only thing I didn't like about the TWS cover was the fact that it's not removeable if something happens to the optic. Sure, I could brake out some tools and get it off, this pops off with a lever.

Man, I need to get paid. ;)