Gas block material?

the forged and machine parts on the saigas and even the receivers are a mix of steels. We had a joke running at the shop, when we'd break a tap or a drill bit in the blocks or whatever "goddamn chunk of panzer in there". you will hit hard spots in the metal.

the gas block will have to be a LITTLE softer than the barrel, obviously, to press on properly.

• 2 months later...

The new gas block is pretty much done. I put ribs on the back end of it that will center my Titan rail. Im also going to make a front barrel band with ribs. It should allow me to pull off the rail and keep zero.

I havent decided to blast and paint it or polish it up and let it show through the rail. Ive also moved the block back about 3.5 inches for when I SBS it. I will be putting a light inside the rail in front of the gas block.

Im starting out with three gas ports at .073 but Ive got room for 4. Im hoping Im close with the 19" barrel. Oh, Ive also made a new tube for the piston

post-25742-0-85180900-1300086489_thumb.jpg

post-25742-0-84904400-1300086500_thumb.jpg

post-25742-0-24518300-1300086511_thumb.jpg

The new gas block is pretty much done. I put ribs on the back end of it that will center my Titan rail. Im also going to make a front barrel band with ribs. It should allow me to pull off the rail and keep zero.

I havent decided to blast and paint it or polish it up and let it show through the rail. Ive also moved the block back about 3.5 inches for when I SBS it. I will be putting a light inside the rail in front of the gas block.

Im starting out with three gas ports at .073 but Ive got room for 4. Im hoping Im close with the 19" barrel. Oh, Ive also made a new tube for the piston

Thats Awesome. You just created a new market. Now mill in some picatiny into the top and bottom and you can retire...

Great Job. Keep us posted!! :lolol: