Well she is done

Not sure it's worth all the time and effort to install it on a 5.45. Maybe in the future I'll install one but for now I'll have to deal with the harsh recoil of the 5.45. :lolol:

5 minutes, a mallet and a dremell.

A dremel? Doesn't he (and I, in a few weeks), have to thread the barrel too?

Not sure it's worth all the time and effort to install it on a 5.45. Maybe in the future I'll install one but for now I'll have to deal with the harsh recoil of the 5.45. :lolol:

That's what I thought too. I've heard about the bolt on ones flying off the end. That's doesn't sound good to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the only reason for a brake is to control the rise from recoil when firing FA right? Therefore, everyone just puts it on there for looks.

If you're like me, you don't feel like tossing something on there purely for "cosmetics".

That's what AR's are for. :D

That's what I thought too. I've heard about the bolt on ones flying off the end. That's doesn't sound good to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the only reason for a brake is to control the rise from recoil when firing FA right? Therefore, everyone just puts it on there for looks.

If you're like me, you don't feel like tossing something on there purely for "cosmetics".

That's what AR's are for. :D

Well, I did some research, and apparently some Saiga's DO come with threaded barrels if you dremel off the muzzle cap (not sure what else to call it). I haven't found any examples of 5.45 Saigas having the threads though.

Well, I did some research, and apparently some Saiga's DO come with threaded barrels if you dremel off the muzzle cap (not sure what else to call it). I haven't found any examples of 5.45 Saigas having the threads though.

And you probably wont find any examples in 5.45 with a threaded barrel from the factory. You'd either have to thread the barrel or install a FSB with the 24mm threads.

Personally, i think the latter option is the best since you would then have the provisions for a bayonet, if its legal to do so in your state.

Edited by Mullet Man

I was going to do it to mine, but even in extreme rapid fire muzzle rise is not an issue. It may do some, but to me it's not worth $100 and adding 3" to the overall length.

I would recommend a flash hider instead with the 5.45. The 7N6 can put out some pretty impressive fireballs.

• Like 2

Why would you thread the barrel?

And yes, an AK-74 brake will reduce the muzzle rise significantly, especially for 5.45

It's perhaps the most innovative part of the rifle over the 47

My buddy and I both got the parts here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=56800

Great stuff

AK-167B.jpg

Edited by SovietSurplus

I was going to do it to mine, but even in extreme rapid fire muzzle rise is not an issue. It may do some, but to me it's not worth $100 and adding 3" to the overall length.

I would recommend a flash hider instead with the 5.45. The 7N6 can put out some pretty impressive fireballs.

This is true. Especially at night.

This stuff is all relative. if you shoot 12ga slugs, then yes 5.45 doesn't have much muzzle rise at all. Compared to .22LR it has significant muzzle rise. If you are looking to put yourself back on target as quickly and precisely as you can, a good muzzle break will probably help.

• Like 1

There is no point unless it's full auto or for looks only. I may be wrong but when I shoot I have none or little muzzle rise.

You do have muzzle flip, just not as much as, say 7.62x39. You will have noticeably less with a 74 brake.

Dude, if you just don't feel like doing the work, that's fine, but don't pretend like it won't do anything.

There is no point unless it's full auto or for looks only. I may be wrong but when I shoot I have none or little muzzle rise.

You do have muzzle flip, just not as much as, say 7.62x39. You will have noticeably less with a 74 brake.

Dude, if you just don't feel like doing the work, that's fine, but don't pretend like it won't do anything.

I understand what you're saying here, but don't be calling my man lazy. For MOST people, the muzzle rise on a 5.45 rifle won't be an issue. For those people, a muzzle brake is a useless accessory. If YOU feel like the rise is substantial, the by all means, get a brake. I don't plan on getting one. I'm NOT lazy, just don't think it's necessary. I'm with Jim, a flash hider is more useful to me.

• Like 1