handguard rail system

I would go with this one. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-61/SAIGA-forearm-rifle-tri-dsh-rail/Detail

its a little more expensive so if you're strapped for cash it may not be for you. But its much more durable than the tapco. And it has the smooth part and the rail so you can shoot from both positions.

I would go with this one. http://store.carolin...dsh-rail/Detail

its a little more expensive so if you're strapped for cash it may not be for you. But its much more durable than the tapco. And it has the smooth part and the rail so you can shoot from both positions.

That one looks nice Chevyman!! Forgive my ignorance, but how do you attach accessories to it?

imarangemaster really liked the Tapco Saiga Intrafuse Handguard. You can use all the rails how you want to. It looks to be a flexible handguard in relation to light, bipod, foregrip, etc.

Plus one for the Tapco. It is cheap, reliable, easy to install, and fulfills all of your requirements.

I would go with this one. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-61/SAIGA-forearm-rifle-tri-dsh-rail/Detail

+1 They are nice, tough and comfortable. Have it on the S12 and 5.45.

Edited by NM0

Has anyone seen or have the new ATI AK-47 Strikeforce Handgaurd. I like the Tapco one too but think this one sits lower on the top rail.

From what I googled, it looks alright. My only beef is with the upper handguard portion. It's gonna slide and move around with the gas tube, meaning it won't hold the zero to any degree. The UTG quad rails are great in that regard, but it seems that's the kinda setup the OP is trying to get away from. You could try this, but don't bet your life on the accuracy of your optic after firing several rounds as the zero will most likely have shifted.

I like the LHV47 poly lower, assuming you have some kind of HG retainer like Dinzag's for example

LHV47-Triangle.JPG

Z

Do you know of anyone that is carrying those at the moment? I'm actually just looking for the lower portion to put on my amd-65 to use with an AFG.