51,343 views of the Double Stack Thread

There will be more added by the end of this week.

Mike you have some hungry customers. I am personally ordering 10.:beer:

I love it. He will do well with them when they are released.

First in Black....

Then Coyote brown....

Then Olive Drab....

All with a cool logo.

Best

Frosty

• 2 weeks later...

Don't hold your breath.... These things were "3 weeks out" almost a year ago... Shit or get off the pot!

Gee, That's funny... I don't ever recall stating we were 3 weeks out... :lolol::lolol: Shit or get off the pot??? I think keep your mouth shut unless you know what your talking about is much more appropriate.

• Like 2

Don't hold your breath.... These things were "3 weeks out" almost a year ago... Shit or get off the pot!

Shit or get off the pot? He's still a damn business member here and has provided the members of this forum and others alll over with some of the best american made products ever invented for an S12. Not to mention that research and development for something like this, to create a product with such a cool factor and 1st of it's kind to be marketed, takes a lot of time. :boxing:

• Like 2

Gee, That's funny... I don't ever recall stating we were 3 weeks out... :lolol::lolol: Shit or get off the pot??? I think keep your mouth shut unless you know what your talking about is much more appropriate.

A few blurbs from the past.....

Dated August 8 2010:

(Mike Davidson) Two years? It only took me 3 weeks from the time I said I was going to make one until I was test firing the prototype ( I did have the fundumentals mentally thought out in advance of making it). The protoype has ALWAYS been flawless from day one. I could have started firing it much sooner but manually felt it out and dialed it in for a couple weeks to get those results.

I am VERY proud because many have tried and failed to work it out. And many with a lot more resources than me. Who wouldn't be proud? Especially a high school drop out tree trimmer that was never supposed to be anything, lol!

I will talk in fairly high detail in a couple weeks. I could now but personally want to wait a bit longer. I have taken all the steps to patent this design. This is my protection for any shotgun and in any gauge! Promag won't be doing a cheap knock off of this mag!!! The way I see it it is there is only 2 good ways to do the design. And one of those actually sucks big time in comparison to the other. Both designs will be protected though .

I will say it will come in multiple capacities. With plans to do a 20ga and .410 as well. We will also be looking at other mag fed shotguns. And may try to contact the AA-12 guys to see if they might have an interest and maybe even Izhmash.

And yes, this mag will dominate all current Saiga-12 mags both factory and aftermarket! And with Tom Cole's ( Cadiz Gun Works ) soon to come LRBHO... Things are looking really nice for all of us!!!

Posted in October of 2009:

.....on the mags I choose the double stack 12 shorter than a single stack 10rd, second pick would be the DS 16,Hey Mike make it happen

(Mike Davidson)"Consider it done! (Just not in production yet)"

I have been following along and I do know of what I speak.

Shit or Vaccate said pot.

By that I mean bring it to market or sell the patent to someone who will. I mean no genuine disrespect and will agree that Mike has made some great innovations and improved on some others but these mags have been a long time coming. I understand life happens but let's get this done before the current administration decides they are illegal.

Edited by Chowderhead72

Dated August 8 2010:

(Mike Davidson) Two years? It only took me 3 weeks from the time I said I was going to make one until I was test firing the prototype ( I did have the fundumentals mentally thought out in advance of making it). The protoype has ALWAYS been flawless from day one. I could have started firing it much sooner but manually felt it out and dialed it in for a couple weeks to get those results.

I am VERY proud because many have tried and failed to work it out. And many with a lot more resources than me. Who wouldn't be proud? Especially a high school drop out tree trimmer that was never supposed to be anything, lol!

I will talk in fairly high detail in a couple weeks. I could now but personally want to wait a bit longer. I have taken all the steps to patent this design. This is my protection for any shotgun and in any gauge! Promag won't be doing a cheap knock off of this mag!!! The way I see it it is there is only 2 good ways to do the design. And one of those actually sucks big time in comparison to the other. Both designs will be protected though .

I will say it will come in multiple capacities. With plans to do a 20ga and .410 as well. We will also be looking at other mag fed shotguns. And may try to contact the AA-12 guys to see if they might have an interest and maybe even Izhmash.

And yes, this mag will dominate all current Saiga-12 mags both factory and aftermarket! And with Tom Cole's ( Cadiz Gun Works ) soon to come LRBHO... Things are looking really nice for all of us!!!

.....on the mags I choose the double stack 12 shorter than a single stack 10rd, second pick would be the DS 16,Hey Mike make it happen

By that I mean bring it to market or sell the patent to someone who will. I mean no genuine disrespect and will agree that Mike has made some great innovations and improved on some others but these mags have been a long time coming. I understand life happens but let's get this done before the current administration decides they are illegal.

At no point in your incoherent posting did you post up ANYTHING about Mike saying that DS mags were three weeks away.

He said that it took him three weeks to finish the prototype, and now all he's waiting for is for all of the legal stuff.

Oh, and it's "vacate" not "vaccate" and it doesn't need to be capitalized because it's not a name or the beginning of a sentence... :lolol:

Dated August 8 2010:

Your right, I'll call ProMag Monday morning and see if they want it. I'm sure they will buy it...

Yeah right, I won't be selling the patent, not even for a 7 digits... I will be seeing this through myself. That way I know it will be the best it can be and quality will not be compromised for a cheaper peice part price. Do you really think that the very most investors out their would put the same passion into it as I am? The very most would rush it to market just so they can sell it sooner. I am sure those that shoot their gun twice a year and mostly just show it off to visitors would be alright with that. If I had that mentality it would be released right now as I would have just hired some shop (in China that could do it for half of what I can myself) and turned them loose on it and saved some money. Lucky for the guys that want to trust the double stack with their lives, that won't be happening. Like I just said in another thread yesterday that things came up that took our focus off the project and has continued ever since. It all started with our new competition on the MD-20 last year from Promag. Another big distraction was getting and setting up our CNC lathe. We do have the double stack at top priority for 2011, along with a few other super cool things...

People need to learn that new products will come when they come. People get themselves so worked up and excited that then they are disappointed and even angry when there are delays (some times long delays). I remember being excited at the prospect of double stacks some time back. I went ahead and bout a drum, and a mag well and 10 other mags at that time. I figured if and when the double stacks came out I'd buy them too.

People need to learn to stop tripping over themselves at the announcement of every new concept or rumor (see all the S12s to be DD threads).

People need to learn that new products will come when they come. People get themselves so worked up and excited that then they are disappointed and even angry when there are delays (some times long delays). I remember being excited at the prospect of double stacks some time back. I went ahead and bout a drum, and a mag well and 10 other mags at that time. I figured if and when the double stacks came out I'd buy them too.

People need to learn to stop tripping over themselves at the announcement of every new concept or rumor (see all the S12s to be DD threads).

BUT, I've got to be the first on the block to get the new toy so the interwebz will think that I'm teh cool... :lolol:

I have a legit question.......

When the original double-stack thread was started, I didn't pay a huge deal of attention to it, as I was in NY at the time and assumed they'd be over 10 rounds. Meaning I wouldn't have been able to have one anyway.

So, was the mag capacity of these double-stacks ever mentioned? I could sift through that whole thread to see, but figured someone would know the answer. :D

i really dont need anything but more drums. they fit every need i want. and for my size and build ive never had issues with them being "bulky". so personally ill just get more drums.

Edited by psl sniper

A double stack with a mag well would trump a drum in a number of ways for certain uses. I have a drum and find that a single stack with a mag well suits many of my uses better than a drum.

thats why i stated for 'my needs" i only reload 2 3/4" shells, so no real need for 3" mag. stick mag.

its high capacity and for me the size and weight are nill.

i also have several stick mags at my disposal (including a russian 8) with everything ive shot and used the drum wins for me hands down. now a magwell friendly drum would be nice, but im pretty quick with the rock and lock. not to mention they are built like tanks. thats not to say i wont buy a double WHEN (not if ) they come out, im just not chomping at the bit for it.

When the original double-stack thread was started, I didn't pay a huge deal of attention to it, as I was in NY at the time and assumed they'd be over 10 rounds. Meaning I wouldn't have been able to have one anyway.

So, was the mag capacity of these double-stacks ever mentioned? I could sift through that whole thread to see, but figured someone would know the answer. :D

Don't quote me on this but I think MD said in the dbl stack thread that It will come in different capacities. I'm hoping for a real compact dbl stack with a 8rd cap.

Don't quote me on this but I think MD said in the dbl stack thread that It will come in different capacities. I'm hoping for a real compact dbl stack with a 8rd cap.

Sounds good to me.