My latest Variation....

Oh and just in case anyone cares or wants to know I replaced my Gas tube with the bulgarian vented tube from K-var. Dropped right in. Also I made the front handguard retainer by cutting a bulgarian retainer down the middle all the way to the bottom of where the barrel goes through. I left the little bit down there and pryed it open to get around the barrel. then I bolted it back together with a machine screw and nut. I still need to paint the bolt so it doesnt stand out. It seems very secure. It did crack a little bit when I bent it back to where its supposed to be but im not worried about it. Hopefully I will be able to get out and shoot it soon.

Thanks

Mine is the 20" version as well. Well you need to convert it first. I'll list whats in it and approx. prices:

G2 trigger.......................$35

Choate Drag Stock..........$55

Cheap universal Bipod.....$20

K-var Gas Tube...............$16

K-var Retainer.................$15

Current Flash hider..........$10

Barrel tap rental .............$12

Misc parts.......................$12

Total parts.......................$175

Plus whatever scope and mount you choose. Between $90-125 for a 4x PSO Scope or whatever you want to throw on there lol.

Hope this helps.

the front looks like what I am planning on doing. Just take the whole front sight off. tap the barrel and put on a flash hider. btw: what $10 did you use, and why do you wish to change it?

Did you have to use a press, or were you able to get it off without it?

I just used a pipe cutter and cut off the shroud on the FSB. Then I tapped it with a Kit from Indy. I dont have a problem with the AR15 type birdcage flash supressor. I got that flash hider from Bushmaster its threaded with the 14x1 lht. For ten bucks its not bad. I would just like to have a drag style one to go with the theme lol or and actual muzzle brake.

Hey that turned out great man! Wow it sure didn't take long to get your stuff from K var. That vented tube will help keep your gun a lot cleaner! I can't really tell from the pic but did the Bulgie retainer fit the barrel diameter well? That's the one I want to use on my 7.62 because it has the sling loop.

Thanks for the comments. Yes that retainer fit very well, nice and tight. But I of course removed some material when i cut it down the middle so that may account for its tightness.

I got to take it out and shoot it today. Shoots great. Feel like it has less recoil. Not sure if thats because of the stock or if its my imagination. Can a vented gas tube reduce recoil? I know its not the muzzle device i have cause thats not designed as a brake.

Edited by stokstad

Yes... the vented tube can reduce some recoil... as instead of all the gasses being used for the piston, some vent out... not quite as hard a return kick...

AND DUDE.... THATS VERY SWEET!!!!!!

I love the looks of that!!! Very nice conversion indeed!!! well done!!!

:smoke:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've actually been thinking of getting something similar.... at some point in the distant future. lol

Of course, I'd probably only use low capacity magazines, handloaded ammunition, and call it my "baby dragon(ov)". I think an AK pistol is going to come first though....

The flash hider is actually a custom one made by Rick-16 of this forum. He had several for sale quite a while ago. I believe its a modified Fal Flash hider. All the drag ones Ive seen on many different web pages are never in stock. I don't believe they make them anymore and if they do they must run really small batches.

• 2 months later...
NOW its completely done! :super: No more mods needed for this one. I got my PSOP Scope today and with my new Flash hider it all looks sweet. I call it the Ghetto-nov. Poor mans dragunov hehe.

post-1262-1127428476_thumb.jpg

how do you like your scope I'm looking to get one of thoose with the range finder in the scope wondering how well they work

NOW its completely done! :super: No more mods needed for this one. I got my PSOP Scope today and with my new Flash hider it all looks sweet. I call it the Ghetto-nov. Poor mans dragunov hehe.

post-1262-1127428476_thumb.jpg

how do you like your scope I'm looking to get one of thoose with the range finder in the scope wondering how well they work

I like it. It fits the gun. its clear and has rangefindinging on it and an illuminated retical.