I am disapointed in you guys

Maybe people here have more sense than the masses???:unsure: or at least the majority of people here!!

I have to confess ive consider buyin a 100rnd drum for my AR but dont have the money, if this crap gains momentum i'll be picking one up befor its too late!!

• Like 1

I am making a large order for some high-cap mags and drums for my AR, AK, and S12. And some standard capacity mags too. They might only be talking about banning "high capacity" and "extended magazines," but they mean everything over 10rds.

Best thing to do is to buy what's on your wish list now and support your favorite pro-gun groups and politicians. They are trying to reinstate some or all of the assault weapons ban again. This is BS. Nice that congress cares so much and is willing to go so far when one of their own are attacked. They sure didn't move after the Fort Hood shooting. Weak.

For the love of GOD!!! Doesn't any body remember the THE GREAT PRICE GOUGING OF 2010!!!! Ammo went sky high in price as did weapons. A local gunshop had Saiga12s for 900 dollars. 900 dollars!!!!! And their justification?? Well Obama is gonna take our gunz! Every year there is talk of re-instating the AW ban. Talk is just that. Talk. The gun lobby is one of the biggest and most powerful in DC. The only thing that happens when people panic and go on Hoarding sprees is we as consumers GET SCREWED. And Royally Screwed at that. Almost forgot. You want to help? donate to the NRA. Not the politicians. Politicians are two faced pieces of SH***. donate to the NRA.

Edited by grendelz
  • Like 5

For the love of GOD!!! Doesn't any body remember the THE GREAT PRICE GOUGING OF 2010!!!! Ammo went sky high in price as did weapons. A local gunshop had Saiga12s for 900 dollars. 900 dollars!!!!! And their justification?? Well Obama is gonna take our gunz! Every year there is talk of re-instating the AW ban. Talk is just that. Talk. The gun lobby is one of the biggest and most powerful in DC. The only thing that happens when people panic and go on Hoarding sprees is we as consumers GET SCREWED. And Royally Screwed at that. Almost forgot. You want to help? donate to the NRA. Not the politicians. Politicians are two faced pieces of SH***. donate to the NRA.

^^what he said!!!

All this is gonna do is cause everybody to jack up the price of magazines, i wouldnt be surprised if some jerks already are!

There arent any gun ban bills in the works. Some dipshit wants to re-enstate the 94 AW ban because of the shooting in arazona, it'll never pass and would be a long way off.

Buy if you really want it. You dont need to panic buy until a bill is introduced and passed by the house then its off to the senate, then the president.

Edited by mike123456

^^what he said!!!

All this is gonna do is cause everybody to jack up the price of magazines, i wouldnt be surprised if some jerks already are!

I won't be changing prices even if one gains traction. I don't think any of the retailers here are of the habit either, so saiga stuff is probably safe.

I just ordered 20 G18 mags....

Call it panic buying if you like. I got caught with my pants down when that last ban came about. It will not happen that way again.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

It is highly unlikely that there will be another ban anytime soon. However, as we learned in 2008, only the FEAR of a ban is needed to cause shortages and ridiculous price increases. So, yes, I did buy an MD20 for a Saiga 12 that I don't even have yet.

I have plenty of AR and Glock mags. Otherwise, I'd be buying them, too.

In a few months, this will blow over, but we could definitely see a costly imbalance of supply and demand in the meantime.

• Like 1

My wife gave me a Saiga in 7.62x39 for Christmas and I sent it off to Rifle Dynamics so I was going to get some AK mags at some point this year. I like to have 6 mags if I can make it happen for my firearms (and I do have that for all but my vz. 82) so I went ahead and ordered 6 of the Yugo mags from Palmetto State Armory a few minutes ago. I figured that if something happens I could try to acquire more but I wanted six at some point so I just shifted my time preference.

ETA: I did notice that several websites that I like to cruise are all sold out of PMags and 30 round aluminum AR mags. Interesting that the 20 rounders were all in stock.

Edited by physicsnerd

It is highly unlikely that there will be another ban anytime soon. However, as we learned in 2008, only the FEAR of a ban is needed to cause shortages and ridiculous price increases. So, yes, I did buy an MD20 for a Saiga 12 that I don't even have yet.

I have plenty of AR and Glock mags. Otherwise, I'd be buying them, too.

In a few months, this will blow over, but we could definitely see a costly imbalance of supply and demand in the meantime.

With MD-20 at the price they are, anyone thinking about getting a Saiga 12 in the future should grab a few.

My wife gave me a Saiga in 7.62x39 for Christmas and I sent it off to Rifle Dynamics so I was going to get some AK mags at some point this year. I like to have 6 mags if I can make it happen for my firearms (and I do have that for all but my vz. 82) so I went ahead and ordered 6 of the Yugo mags from Palmetto State Armory a few minutes ago. I figured that if something happens I could try to acquire more but I wanted six at some point so I just shifted my time preference.

ETA: I did notice that several websites that I like to cruise are all sold out of PMags and 30 round aluminum AR mags. Interesting that the 20 rounders were all in stock.

Funny thing is that I love the 20 rounders, so I suppose I'll be GTG if I want more.

Now we have a republican congress. Not much chance of any anti-gun stuff getting through.

I hope they don't disappoint us. We have certainly had a heaping helping of disappointment in the last few years.

Holy Retard Batman. How do you get gun/AW ban out of maniac killing people? Maniacs kill people every day.

Yeah, go buy up all the ammo and high cap mags so we can run up the prices and blame the invisible man who is going to ban everything.

After you spend .50 a round for 9mm to protect yourself from the evil empire, I'll buy it from you 6 months later for .23 so I can waist it at the range.

LOL!!! A fool and his money are soon parted. :lolol:

Carolyn McCarthy has already written and presented a bill in Congress to ban so-called "high capacity magazines". She did it before the blood had dried.

The RINO King from NY (NOT Steve King, he's pro-gun, I think) is trying to get a bill passed that would make it illegal to be within 1,000 yards of the President, VP, the Administration Cabinet, and all 525 members of Congress with a gun.

The left-wing TV pundits and so-called "news" paper columnists are trying to promote another AWB.

Neither will get very far. It's a propaganda ploy, but might convince democommie politicians at State and local levels to pass new gun control laws.

Stay alert and be ready for anti-gun moves, and be prepared to write and call your government officials at every level.

Watch out also for efforts to promote curtailment of speech. The democommies are already blaming Rush, Beck, and Palin in Congress, in press briefings and TV appearances. They want it to be a crime to speak out against government, politicians, and bureaucrats, claiming such creates "an atmosphere of hate" and can trigger violence against government officials.

Anyone who lives in Tucson, watch out for that democommie snake Sherriff Dupnik. He's anti-gun, and immediately after the shooting, went on TV blaming anyone and everyone who is not a democommie for the shooting, even before he knew anything more than there was a shooting. I expect him to call on the Pima County Board of Supervisors and the City of Tucson to ban semi-automatic weapons and "high capacity" magazines, sooner or later.

• Like 1

StarPB appears to be an extremist of some sort. He'll tell you what he's been fed by the masses, but he can't explain why.

Chicken Little: THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Sane individual: Chicken Little, why do you think the sky is falling?

Chicken Little: BECAUSE SOMETHING TOUCHED ME ON MY HEAD!!!

Chicken Little: LOOK AT ME. I'M SCREAMING LIKE A MORON. SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG!!!

Sane Individual: *Shakes head and walks away*.

StarPB appears to be an extremist of some sort. He'll tell you what he's been fed by the masses, but he can't explain why.

Chicken Little: LOOK AT ME. I'M SCREAMING LIKE A MORON. SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG!!!

I was going to advise you to wake up and pay attention to what's happening around you, but for a guy that's so dumb he can't even get my screen name correct when it's printed right in front of you, I guess that wouldn't help much. Pat yourself on the back for being so smart. No one else will.

Holy Retard Batman. How do you get gun/AW ban out of maniac killing people? Maniacs kill people every day.

Yeah, go buy up all the ammo and high cap mags so we can run up the prices and blame the invisible man who is going to ban everything.

After you spend .50 a round for 9mm to protect yourself from the evil empire, I'll buy it from you 6 months later for .23 so I can waist it at the range.

LOL!!! A fool and his money are soon parted. :lolol:

When you "waist" ammo, is it like shooting from the hip, but done at the waist?

We buy mags and ammo before a potential availability issue and we are deemed fools?

I was going to advise you to wake up and pay attention to what's happening around you, but for a guy that's so dumb he can't even get my screen name correct when it's printed right in front of you, I guess that wouldn't help much. Pat yourself on the back for being so smart. No one else will.

Ditto ;) Some just don't care about what goes on because it will allegedly never impact their lives.

I myself don't think any new laws will be passed... but, I already see the panic starting.

Prices and availability here soon will be just as they were leading up to, and after election time. Gouging will become the norm for a while, and there will be a drought on ammo, mags, evil weapons... etc.

All it took was an election for the chaos to ensue before.. now the pansies actually have a real life event to try and form their bullshit argument around. I can imagine this will shake things up for a while until it's resolved.

I for one am not looking forward to the next year or so. I'm already figuring on my range time being cut down due to overpriced ammo.

The best thing we can do now is to stand our ground and make calls to our local government officials as soon as talk of new bullshit laws begin.

Before you panic, realize that 1/2 the Senate, and the majority of the House have an "A" rating from the NRA:

http://www.nrapvf.org/news-alerts/2010/11/election-2010-recap.aspx

I can't see this going anywhere. Are the republicans in a hurry to outrage their base? Do the democrats want to lose even WORSE in 2012???

I agree.. it's not going to go anywhere.

I can promise there will still be fear mongering and panic though.

I agree also that this is probably not going to go anywhere, at least at the Federal level. But keep in mind that there are a few States and many municipalities that may make an effort to seize on this, and use it to rationalize new or more stringent laws to further reduce RKBA, including so-called "high capacity magaines". Writing and calling any that show a propensity to use this as an excuse to implement "High capacity" magazines restrictions, and maybe even more gun control, may not be a bad idea. Note that Levy, co-Counsel to Gura in the Heller and the other gun case, I forget the name of the case, I think it was Drake, has already said publicly that a ban on "High capacity" magaines may be a good idea, and that based on those two cases, a ban on "High capacity" magazines WILL pass Constitutional muster. His statements have already caught the attention of gun ban groups nationwide, as well as some State and municipal politicians.

I say be alert for any of this crap, and be prepared to call and write any that do. Doing so may reduce the chances for price gouging because of fears of anti-gun/anti "high capacity" magazine legislation at State and local levels. If it never happens, you haven't lost anything by being alert, and if it does, you will lose a lot. Boy Scout motto: "Be Prepared".

FWIW, gun dealers in Arizona are reporting a run on "high capacity magazines, and even on guns. Let's all hope that this is a short-lived situation, but you never know, considering the mindset of many politicians and the effect it has on the market.

If preban mags and weapons were still legal during the ban, then I don't know wtf all you guys were doing. My excuse is that I was like 5 years old. I only hear about how dumb it was and see all the chopped up and legalized weapons. Seriously, no one seemed to stock up.

Now there's a scare and probably the same individuals are saying its nonsense. "Fool me twice..."

No, I don't think the ban will be back any time soon, but overconfidence never pays off.

Besides, I have NO idea what you all are talking about. I'm being ripped off with my mass buy? Really? I didn't join in for the Obama scare for one. Next is that prices are lower than ever now... I got great prices on all items and am very happy with my buy. The items were either on my wishlist or I bought because I'm a firm believer in having at least a loadout worth for my guns. I have an AR, 74, 47, and S12.

Since you're obviouly the "smart guy" (who has already backed off your original position), I'm going to offer you the opportunity to put your money where your paranoid mouth is. I'll let you pick the amount of money you'd like to bet on the change of gun legislation this year. I'll bet you that there are no additional restictions put on mag capacity or weapon types this year. Are you game? I urge you to remove your tinfoil hat and ante up.

edit: I'll also take bets from other paranoind individuals as well.

Edited by Bridis