Saiga or Galil

For my next firearm im considering the FAL and Galil. However, if i decide the Galil i dont know what would be best, a Golani or a Saiga conversion. What is going to get me closest to an actual Galil and further from an AK? i know a Galil is basically a variant of the AK, but i mean as far as i dont want to take it to the range and everyone just know its an AK. Anyway, just a question. Hopefully someone here owns both and can tell me the difference.

Personally, I would get an Arsenal SLR 106.

No Aresenal for me. Also no Kvar. Anyone who supports Harry Reid will get no money from me.

Yeah, I'm sure thats EXACTLY what K-VAR had in mind when they decided to setup shop in Nevada... :rolleyes:

get a life...

http://armed-and-christian.blogspot.com/2010/10/arsenal-corporation-supports-harry-reid.html

i have a life, thanks. I also have a sense of political awareness, and i dont support people who try to take my firearms.

sorry that i know who i support and who i dont, care where my money goes, and hold to my morals and values. I know that isnt a very popular thing to do anymore.

Edited by s2thalayer
  • Like 1

The Galil is a nice design, but it's heavy for the round it fires. One of it's main advantages vs an AK is a longer sight radius, otherwise they operate very similarly. The only Galil you will find without spending a premium is going to be a Century build, which has an unlined barrel.

I know you said no Bulgarian, but for the price they do have several nice features that the Saiga lacks (folding stock, and a different twist rate so it'll stabilize heavier ammo). The Saiga is a great rifle in any caliber, if you are willing to put in some conversion time.

• Like 1

The Galil is a nice design, but it's heavy for the round it fires. One of it's main advantages vs an AK is a longer sight radius, otherwise they operate very similarly. The only Galil you will find without spending a premium is going to be a Century build, which has an unlined barrel.

I know you said no Bulgarian, but for the price they do have several nice features that the Saiga lacks (folding stock, and a different twist rate so it'll stabilize heavier ammo). The Saiga is a great rifle in any caliber, if you are willing to put in some conversion time.

thanks for the help. this would be my 3rd conversion. That's whats actually talking me out of it. i have 2 saiga's already and im kindve ready for something new that isnt an AK. My concern is that ill have another rifle that's the same as the other 2, that has a different stock, handguard, and caliber. i know i might be contradicting myself here, im just kindve bored with AK's i guess.

No Aresenal for me. Also no Kvar. Anyone who supports Harry Reid will get no money from me.

Understood, but also keep in mind that anytime you buy an AK, even an Arsenal, you give a gun banning liberal a migraine, or worse.

Anyway, if you are bored of AKs, why get a Galil (which is extremely similar to an AK) or a Saiga? You might as well get something else.

Any particular caliber you wanted to stick with ? Does it have to be .223/5.56 ? I mean, you did mention an FAL in your OP. How about an FAL or G3 clone ? I've been eyeing a PTR-91 GI myself.

. . . Or a PTR-32 for that matter (7.62x39mm).

:angel:

• Like 1

Understood, but also keep in mind that anytime you buy an AK, even an Arsenal, you give a gun banning liberal a migraine, or worse.

Anyway, if you are bored of AKs, why get a Galil (which is extremely similar to an AK) or a Saiga? You might as well get something else.

you make a fair point, hotdog. haha.

And thats also why im thinking twice about the Galil. I do love my AK's, but im just ready to try something different at least for this next rifle.

As for the 7.62x39 and why everyone is crazy about it? Well, i cant speak for everyone else, but for me its because its cheap, its hits hard, its goes a long way.