How many ports do you have??? (Product research)

Guys I have a Factory 4 port(Diamond Pattern, no clue what size) unconverted Saiga-12 that cycles cheap bulk ammo absolutely perfectly on gas setting 1. No jams or stovepipes or FTF ever. Bought it from a friend for $400. Is this normal???

Edited by theozonelayerhatesme
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm doing product research.   I'm currently sourcing the stock for my port gauge / cleaners from my local favorite machine shop. It's already in process.   I'd like to know how many & what siz

Hi Paulyski, how much to polish my bolt, sticky and distorting slug rounds?    

Posted Images

3 ports here. I determined they were undersized after wire test. Sent to Cadiz for warrenty work. Shot like a bat out of hell after I got it back. They do good work and are very friendly and always got back to me quick when I left messages. Small issue with pin in gas block threads and they are working with me on it to resolve.

Well, I got my stock in, but I'm too busy filling customer's orders to make the nice handles I want to put on them.

If anyone wants a set without the fancy handles, machined in sizes; .071, .080 & .091. I have them.

I'm including a set free with all my services, but if anyone wants to know about where they stand port wise, PM me.

I'll sell rudimentary sets (pretty much bent carbon steel precision machined wire) for $5.00

They don't bend easily, so they're good for port cleaners too. :)

3 port at .078 that I enlarged to .093. One port hole was partially obstructed so I took the gas block off and enlarged the gas block hole in order to fix the obstruction.

Seems like there isn't much quality control as far as port hole size or number.

Still having issues with stove piping using federal and winchester bulk with a v-plug on setting 5 but slugs and buckshot work great on setting 2 and 3.

I plan on sending over my bolt carrier assembly to pauly when I save up some more money for that glass bolt special or what not, hopefully that will help out with my stove piping issues.

:killer:

3 ports, no idea on size.

But I was looking over my S12 the other day, and I'm thinking it might have 4 holes in the diamond pattern, but the 4th hole might be covered by the gas block? I'm not 100% sure. Either way, even if there is a 4th there, only 3 are functional at this point.

mine has three. I 'picked' them all and the seem to be open. If I remember to set the gas plug properly, I don't have problems with the Wally-World Winchester bulk pack (hate that 'short between the headsets'). My S/N is fairly low (H024....)

ok i took and straightened out a bream fish hook and found two more ports. on "feels" like only about 1/3 of the port is exposed and can barely see the point of the hook when lookin in the barrel, the other seems to have half of the hole or so exposed. if i want to fix it how do i do it? if it's shooting the cheap federal field and target loads fine should i even mess with it?

• 2 weeks later...

if i want to fix it how do i do it? if it's shooting the cheap federal field and target loads fine should i even mess with it?

If it shoots light loads correctly, don't even worry about it.

If you want to expose the ports 100%...

You will have to remove the gas-block from the barrel before you can do anything.

Most guys will take a file and open up the gas-block hole. I always felt it was quicker and cleaner to align the block upside down in a vice and open it up w/ carbide end-mill. Two ways to skin a cat, do whatever is easier for you. Both will yield the same result.

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Mine came with three .078 factory ports, but they have been enlarged to .093 and it made all the difference in the world.

Same here and Paulie sent me the guages. They an excellent idea! Excellent polish job Paulie - Thank you! Also, keep in mind that the parts are not just polished ... they are profiled too. Awsome work!!!!!

Highly recommended ...

:D

i have a 3 port and a 3/16 drill bit went in the hole very snug. not sure what size that would be in metric

You sure about that?

.187 ports would run into each other and it would be WAY too much gas

. Are you sure it isnt 3/32? That would be .093 thousanths.

Edited by HotGuns
  • 1 month later...

3 ports here not sure of the size but if I had to guess I would say 0.093 as they look fairly large this coming from a very former (like 32 years ago) machinist. I just know it has eaten just about everything I could throw at it.

• 9 months later...