You Saiga 12 Guys finally got me!!

Got a 19 inch threaded barrel for 490 out of the door today at the Indy 1500 show.

s122001.jpg

s12174.jpg

Bought a couple of Surefire 10 rounders and a MD Arms gasplug....not a bad start!!! :super:

I checked the gasports, there are THREE of them, I have no idea how big they are though!!!

Edited by Bean.223
  • Like 2

Did you stop by Juggernaut Graphics booth and get a great shirt?...is installing the hi-cap magazine in violation of 922r?...

Yes by itself it would be but Bean has stated he purchased the MD arms gas plug. The gas plug with the mag meets 922r.

Thank you for the info...I am not familiar with the shotgun set-up...I know they are a blast to shoot... :killer:

:super:

Yes I did see Drew and Lori, I got a "Family that shoots together has interlocking fields of fire" shirt!!

He was super busy ALOT ALOT ALOT of people there today at his booth.

Thanx for the 922 info guys, I never really bothered to get the details on this when pertaining to the Saiga 12. I plan on converting ASAP so that'll get solved!!

Edited by Bean.223

Did you stop by Juggernaut Graphics booth and get a great shirt?...is installing the hi-cap magazine in violation of 922r?...

Yes by itself it would be but Bean has stated he purchased the MD arms gas plug. The gas plug with the mag meets 922r.

Thank you for the info...I am not familiar with the shotgun set-up...I know they are a blast to shoot... :killer:

:super:

Yes I did see Drew and Lori, I got a "Family that shoots together has interlocking fields of fire" shirt!!

He was super busy ALOT ALOT ALOT of people there today at his booth.

Thanx for the 922 info guys, I never really bothered to get the details on this when pertaining to the Saiga 12. I plan on converting ASAP so that'll get solved!!

from wat super said your gas plug and mag is 922 gtg...lol I wasn't sure if it was already installed or not...I love the shirt you got...thanks for your patronage as I am sure Drew was cool to see forum members...nice lookin shotgun btw...

Well I did notice he edited that out, so I'm not sure if he is sure about that.... :unsure:

More so, a plug isn't in the calculation

Receiver

Barrel

Front Trunnion

Muzzle Attachment

Bolt

Bolt Carrier

Gas Piston/Puck

Trigger

Hammer

Disconnector

Buttstock

Forearm/Handguard

Pistol Grip

Magazine Body

Magazine Follower

Magazine Floorplate

http://jobson.us/922r/

Edited by AZG

The MD Arms plug isn't USA stamped and dosent count as a 922r part. Atleast my plug isnt marked.

Congrats on your new purchase. $490 OTD is a STEAL! :super:

Yeah Man, my original plan walking into the show was coming out with a Draco Pistol. I walked the ENTIRE show and seen only 2, both overpriced IMO. The Dracos must be getting in short supply, last few shows I have seen NUMEROUS Dracos, but not this time...so when I seen the Guy would take 490 if paid in cash I went ahead and did it!

Sry for hijacking this celebration of your new purchase into yet another 922r thread...I love the rifle and shotguns and it would suck to see bad things happen to friends on here because of technicality... :cryss:

Edited by DJ Big Dog

Got a 19 inch threaded barrel for 490 out of the door today at the Indy 1500 show.

s122001.jpg

s12174.jpg

Bought a couple of Surefire 10 rounders and a MD Arms gasplug....not a bad start!!! :super:

I checked the gasports, there are THREE of them, I have no idea how big they are though!!!

very nice. now stop taking pictures, and get to converting! :haha:

Oh, I was just posting up a fact about 922r, it's not like it's really that big of a deal anyway... No one really cares. There was no need to edit your post...

LOL back in the old days you would have been drummed outta this forum for posting non 922R compliant stuff!! :lolol:

No big deal, my own paranoia is enough to make me correct it!! :sadam:

Good score. I'll be at the show in the morning/afternoon, were there more of those? If so, where was the vendor located?

I really don't need another S12, I was thinking of looking for a Draco but I'm already sidetracked. LOL. :)

Hey man!! The S12 I found was on the usual table for T&J Sporting Goods from Georgetown, Indiana,(the older couple) I'm pretty sure it was the first room at the entrance, about the 2nd are 3rd row back....Like I said above I only seen two Dracos the entire show. That turned out to be an aborted mission!! :killer: The Lady did tell me yesterday she only had one more 19 inch S12 and that was yesterday around 230pm!! They did have the long version though. AND be very very patient man, we waited 20 mins just to get in yesterday, VERY busy show!!

Good Luck!!

Drew (Juggernaut) is in the last room about half way back. Say Hi!! :zorro:

one more thing man, in order to get the cheaper 490 price you have to pay IN C A S H!!!

Edited by Bean.223

I managed to make it out of there without another S12. Whew. :)

I was pretty close to getting a Saiga .308, and I was fondling a Vector UZI for a little bit, but my self control won out. I got a Tromix charging handle for $20 and a new RRA AR bolt carrier group for $95, and I paid too much for some foul food from that cafe for my wife and myself.

One of my buddies picked up a Taurus .45 and my other buddy got some AR parts. Overall it a decent show, there was a lot of cool stuff but most of it looked overpriced. Beat up used pistol gripped Mossberg 500s for $325, really? LOL.

I saw Juggernaut's booth but didn't have a chance to stop, not like anyone here knows me yet anyway. :) Next time.

• 1 month later...

FINALLY got a chance to try her out today.

Winchester universal worked on setting 5(md plug) ONLY with the Russian 5 rounder!

non of my other mags/drum ejected properly with WU.

ALTHOUGH, on setting five all mags and drum worked VERY well with Federal bird shot!!!

I was surprised that Winchester Super X 00b needed to be on setting 4 to eject, but overall I'm happy!!