Introducing the u308 20 round Magazine

big_photo_home.jpg

I would like to introduce you to the Uinta Industries u308 20 Round Magazine. Constructed of a proprietary polymer blend, the u308 20 Round Magazine offers a durable, high-capacity solution for anyone with a Saiga .308 rifle. Manufactured and reliability tested in the United States of America, the u308 20 Round Magazine parts are considered 922r compliant (3 parts total). Some unique features of the u308 20 Round Magazine are:

• Durable, unibody construction
  • Backwards compatible with factory Saiga .308 mags
  • Anti-tilt follower for reliable feeding
  • (3) 922r Compliant Parts

All parts are guaranteed and come with a 30 day, no questions asked return policy. With a low introductory price, and an even more affordable 3-pack available, stock up today at our webstore.

• Like 2
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to introduce you to the Uinta Industries u308 20 Round Magazine. Constructed of a proprietary polymer blend, the u308 20 Round Magazine offers a durable, high-capacity solution for anyone

Sorry about the confusion here. I updated some shipping costs on the small parts, the problem should be resolved for this type of an order.

Had range time today with 6 new out of wrapper mags. 1 of 6 did a fail to feed on 2nd and 7th round. Reloaded and it worked as others. Mine fit tighter than regular AK mags in other weapons. Used 2 ri

Posted Images

I thought that mag looked familiar.This is great. They are the reincarnation of the FBMG mag. I had one & it worked great. When my Saiga was stolen, & later recovered from the PD, the mag was missing. Surefires were a hit or miss deal, but FBMG worked great for me. I'll have to get one to try out. Thanks for bringing these back to life. GARY N4KVE

Edited by N4KVE

I was excited when I saw this announcement last night, but after chewing over it a bit, and doing some research, I'm not sure what to think about it. First of all, I was hoping that when a new poly mag came out for the 308, it would have steel reinforcement in the lockup areas, in the integral bullet guide, and in the feedlips. If this mag feeds reliably, it can be considered a good mag, but to truly be a great mag, it should incorporate this additional feature. Especially given that one complaint against the FBMG mags before was that the feedlips were not durable and were prone to cracking after a while. The steel reinforcement would easily warrant another $10 or more in the mag price. Please consider adding this feature to a future version of the product.

Also, I'm curious what kind of changes were made to improve the mag. Was it just in the mag body, or elsewhere as well? Not looking for proprietary information, but just something more specific than in the product description.

Thanks.

Jim

• Like 1

I was excited when I saw this announcement last night, but after chewing over it a bit, and doing some research, I'm not sure what to think about it. First of all, I was hoping that when a new poly mag came out for the 308, it would have steel reinforcement in the lockup areas, in the integral bullet guide, and in the feedlips. If this mag feeds reliably, it can be considered a good mag, but to truly be a great mag, it should incorporate this additional feature. Especially given that one complaint against the FBMG mags before was that the feedlips were not durable and were prone to cracking after a while. The steel reinforcement would easily warrant another $10 or more in the mag price. Please consider adding this feature to a future version of the product.

Also, I'm curious what kind of changes were made to improve the mag. Was it just in the mag body, or elsewhere as well? Not looking for proprietary information, but just something more specific than in the product description.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

One of the main reasons for us joining this forum and becoming a site sponsor was to receive feedback like this. So first of all let me say thank you for the feedback. Like the FBMG mags, these do not have steel feedlips. The u308 Magazine does feed reliable, and is an excellent value at it's current price point. Most of the changes to the Magazine had to do with accommodating the us made parts (FBMG used imported parts), and little tweaking here and there. One last thing I would like to add is Uinta Industries will stand behind our products 100%. In other words if you are not happy, then were not happy. Buy with confidence, also I don't think this is the last Uinta Industries product you will see :super:

• Like 2

Jim,

One of the main reasons for us joining this forum and becoming a site sponsor was to receive feedback like this. So first of all let me say thank you for the feedback. Like the FBMG mags, these do not have steel feedlips. The u308 Magazine does feed reliable, and is an excellent value at it's current price point. Most of the changes to the Magazine had to do with accommodating the us made parts (FBMG used imported parts), and little tweaking here and there. One last thing I would like to add is Uinta Industries will stand behind our products 100%. In other words if you are not happy, then were not happy. Buy with confidence, also I don't think this is the last Uinta Industries product you will see :super: [/font][/size]

Thanks for your response.

I read on another forum that one would need to lube up the mag springs for the FBMG for them to work properly. Is that still necessary for these? Also, what is the difference in reliability if the factory parts are used with one of your mag bodies, vs. buying the magazine from you with all your U.S. parts?

I have a quick question for the vendor. I see you sell a 20 rd mag body. Does this mean I could purchase this body, & use all the other parts including the spring from the factory 8 rd factory mag, to upgrade to a complete 20 rd mag? In my case, I have used Thermold plastic mags for my .223 rifles for years. I don't think they have metal reinforced lips, & they have never broken on me. Yeah, metal reinforced mags are stronger, but for my trips to the range, these would just be fine. It's nice to have several vendors making mags for these guns. Thanks again. GARY N4KVE

Edited by N4KVE
  • Like 1

Are these going to be offered in 15 (for say NJ) and 10 round versions.??

can they BE CUT DOWN to those limits.. maybe incorporating these 10/15 round MARKS/EDGES and abiltiy would further HELP sale.. :smoke:

I do alot of shooting in NJ and this seems to be the WANT really bad.. :cryss:

• Like 1

I think these mags need re-enforcement. Think waffle mag. I like what you are doing though. That is just my two cents. I would buy some if they had steel re-enforced feeding lips as a minimum.

Thanks though,

James

They work just fine how they are!

Been using this type mag for years.

• Like 1

big_photo_home.jpg

I would like to introduce you to the Uinta Industries u308 20 Round Magazine. Constructed of a proprietary polymer blend, the u308 20 Round Magazine offers a durable, high-capacity solution for anyone with a Saiga .308 rifle. Manufactured and reliability tested in the United States of America, the u308 20 Round Magazine parts are considered 922r compliant (3 parts total). Some unique features of the u308 20 Round Magazine are:

• Durable, unibody construction
  • Backwards compatible with factory Saiga .308 mags
  • Anti-tilt follower for reliable feeding
  • (3) 922r Compliant Parts

All parts are guaranteed and come with a 30 day, no questions asked return policy. With a low introductory price, and an even more affordable 3-pack available, stock up today at our webstore.

I like my FBMG mags and now that I have another Saiga 308 to feed you are just in time. I will order some of these very soon as well as plastic floorplates to replace the aluminum floorplates of my 9 early production FBMG mags. I am glad you guys are doing this and I like your prices too.

Great to see you guys picking this up and going with it. The FBMG mags I originally bought three of when they were first offered, are still feeding 100% for me. Great mag design. I just picked a couple more in a trade and one has some kind of funky metal follower that tilts. Glad y'all are selling the individual parts and all of them are domestic. I'll be getting some.

Oh BTW...the website is currently showing a picture of the spring base where the mag follower should be.

Waiting to see what's next from you guys! :smoke:

• Like 1

Jim,

One of the main reasons for us joining this forum and becoming a site sponsor was to receive feedback like this. So first of all let me say thank you for the feedback. Like the FBMG mags, these do not have steel feedlips. The u308 Magazine does feed reliable, and is an excellent value at it's current price point. Most of the changes to the Magazine had to do with accommodating the us made parts (FBMG used imported parts), and little tweaking here and there. One last thing I would like to add is Uinta Industries will stand behind our products 100%. In other words if you are not happy, then were not happy. Buy with confidence, also I don't think this is the last Uinta Industries product you will see :super: [/font][/size]

Thanks for your response.

I read on another forum that one would need to lube up the mag springs for the FBMG for them to work properly. Is that still necessary for these? Also, what is the difference in reliability if the factory parts are used with one of your mag bodies, vs. buying the magazine from you with all your U.S. parts?

We have not noticed signifficant increase in reliability with lubing the American Made Spring. The u308 Magazine floor plate, follower and spring guide are designed to be backwards compatable with the factory 8 round parts. We have had very good results mixing and matching. Once again, buy with confidence. Not only are our magazines guaranteed 100%, but so are the parts. If you have a problem, we will take care of you! thanks again for the interest!

• Like 1

Great to see you guys picking this up and going with it. The FBMG mags I originally bought three of when they were first offered, are still feeding 100% for me. Great mag design. I just picked a couple more in a trade and one has some kind of funky metal follower that tilts. Glad y'all are selling the individual parts and all of them are domestic. I'll be getting some.

Oh BTW...the website is currently showing a picture of the spring base where the mag follower should be.

Waiting to see what's next from you guys! :smoke:

Glade to hear it! We'll get the website fixed thanks!

• Like 1

Everyone,

We have had a ton of great results and interest down here at Shot Show. Just wanted to publicly thank all the dealers and consumers down here that showed interest in the platform. We are really excited about the upcoming months, and as stated earlier we will be here to answer questions. We have been getting a lot of emails about our "Introductory Pricing," at this time we are not giving an exact date on when this will end. Also stay tuned for some upcoming videos regarding the u308! Thanks for your interest guys (and gals)!

-Uinta Industries

• Like 1

Ordered a 3-pack on Wednesday night. Have not gotten a shipping notice yet. Looking forward to getting them.

-otus

UPDATE: Mags arrived 1/25, were well-packed, & look very good! Thanks to Uinta for bringing an excellent product to market, and for good customer service too.

Edited by otus

Ordered a 3-pack on Wednesday night. Have not gotten a shipping notice yet. Looking forward to getting them.

-otus

You should have gotten your tracking info last night. They went out Thursday morning. I will shoot you another email with your tracking number. Did anyone else have problems with not receiving your tracking information?

• Like 1

I got the email but no tracking #. Not really an issue for me and the mag came in today!

This is by far the coolest, nicest and most professional looking of all the plastic mags. Ill be picking up more shortly.

I wasn't around saigas when FBMGs were out

Well, I got mine today.

EXACTLY like the FBMG mags of course..... and in my experience thats a good thing. Love the floor plates, and I will be buying them and spring guides for my other mags.

Uinta Industries: There was one thing I mentioned when FBMG was producing them.

In order to limit wobble, change the locking tab angle like so:

UintaMag2.jpg

I made a metal clip for one of my old mags that wrapped around the sides of the tab, and added more to the locking surface and it mad the mag wobble way less. The only thing was that i had to drill a small hole in the tab, and it weakened the tab enough that eventually broke off.

It was good while it lasted though.

Just a suggestion.