Introducing the u308 20 round Magazine

Well, I got mine today.

EXACTLY like the FBMG mags of course..... and in my experience thats a good thing. Love the floor plates, and I will be buying them and spring guides for my other mags.

Uinta Industries: There was one thing I mentioned when FBMG was producing them.

In order to limit wobble, change the locking tab angle like so:

UintaMag2.jpg

I made a metal clip for one of my old mags that wrapped around the sides of the tab, and added more to the locking surface and it mad the mag wobble way less. The only thing was that i had to drill a small hole in the tab, and it weakened the tab enough that eventually broke off.

It was good while it lasted though.

Just a suggestion.

Edit for clarity: As with any product we try to apply all user feedback, the current design is very reliable and dependable. We guarantee all Uinta Products 100%, let us know if you have any issues and they will be resolved.

• Like 1
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to introduce you to the Uinta Industries u308 20 Round Magazine. Constructed of a proprietary polymer blend, the u308 20 Round Magazine offers a durable, high-capacity solution for anyone

Sorry about the confusion here. I updated some shipping costs on the small parts, the problem should be resolved for this type of an order.

Had range time today with 6 new out of wrapper mags. 1 of 6 did a fail to feed on 2nd and 7th round. Reloaded and it worked as others. Mine fit tighter than regular AK mags in other weapons. Used 2 ri

Posted Images

UINTA,

Are you going to have 10 rounders for states with AWB?

Or will you ship it disassembled as "parts kit" to NY state and let me modify it to 10 rounds?

IIRC, in NY, you can repair your broken 8rd body with a 20rd body.

• Like 1

UINTA,

Are you going to have 10 rounders for states with AWB?

Or will you ship it disassembled as "parts kit" to NY state and let me modify it to 10 rounds?

IIRC, in NY, you can repair your broken 8rd body with a 20rd body.

There is no OEM 20 round magazines. Besides that will be considered a post-ban hi-cap magazine.

Edited by BKLYN_C

i see alot of people have recieved their mags and are happy with them but i would REALLY like to read a well executed range report. i bought promags :ded: and they dont feed well at all. like every round ftf. these look really interesting but i want to KNOW.

Hah. I had the same experience with the couple of ProMags I bought. Been too f'ing cold for shooting here. This weekend is supposed to be nicer. I'll get out there and test out these UINTA mags and my FSC-30 brake. Might even try some bump-firing with these (good way to test muzzle climb with the brake). I'm thinking of putting together a video too.

Just got my unita mag today. Hand cycles fine. When I opened it up, I noticed that the spring is installed reversed front to back relative to the Russian OEM mag. Is this normal?

ETA I answered my earlier question - the follower is exactly the same as the Russian so capacity is 8 rounds when in the OEM mag body

Edited by MaxTheRabbit

My magazines arrived a few minutes ago. All I can report for the moment is that each one appears to be very well made. My Saiga should be here Monday or Tuesday so I will be able to expand on that a bit more in a few days.....

Just got my unita mag today. Hand cycles fine. When I opened it up, I noticed that the spring is installed reversed front to back relative to the Russian OEM mag. Is this normal?

ETA I answered my earlier question - the follower is exactly the same as the Russian so capacity is 8 rounds when in the OEM mag body

Another possibility is: the Russians assembly-line worker reversed your OEM mag.

So let's see if yours is the same as mine.

I just opened my OEM mag. Relative to the mag's the position in the mag well:

The top coil of spring wire locks into the mag follower with the end pointing backward towards to stock.

The bottom coil of the spring wire locks into the mag floor plate with the end with pointing forwards towards to breech.

Is that the same as your OEM?

If so, chances are Uinta reversed the spring in your 20 rounder.

The next question would be: are all the Unita springs reversed?

But, if you only bought one, you can't check another one. And I don't have my mags yet.

Anybody else got a new Unita they want to pull the floor plate off of? And check the direction of the mag spring coils?

I did have a chance to briefly test out these mags on Sunday. Only shot about 60 rounds, using one of the mags. It definitely needed to be broken in a bit, as I was initially having feeding problems. The bolt was hitting one of the sides of the mag and failing to grab the next round. I had to manually cycle the action, pushing the bolt down with a bit of force, in order to chamber a round and then pushing the bolt closed. By the second mag-full, things did become smooth and I had no more failures, even when shooting one mag-full in rapid succession. The bolt simply dug a little hole in the plastic for itself. No big deal. I don't really mind breaking them in. Not sure if the other two mags will even need it.

i see alot of people have recieved their mags and are happy with them but i would REALLY like to read a well executed range report. i bought promags :ded: and they dont feed well at all. like every round ftf. these look really interesting but i want to KNOW.

I got my magazines (3 pack) Tuesday.

I ran each magazine through three cycles (20 dummy rounds cycled manually, three times per magazines).

They fed perfectly. I loaded the three magazines (20 rounds each), and left them loaded until I could get to the range.

On Saturday, I fired each loaded magazine at the range until empty, then reloaded and repeated (a total of 40 rounds per magazine).

All three magazines functioned perfectly.

Why's the shipping so expensive? For example shipping on a complete mag is 5.95 which is reasonable. You add a single mag base plate and it goes to 10.95. Add a rebuild kit and it goes to 15.85. Add a follower and you are at $20.80 for shipping. Is there something wrong with shipping calculator for online purchases?

Why's the shipping so expensive? For example shipping on a complete mag is 5.95 which is reasonable. You add a single mag base plate and it goes to 10.95. Add a rebuild kit and it goes to 15.85. Add a follower and you are at $20.80 for shipping. Is there something wrong with shipping calculator for online purchases?

Sorry about the confusion here. I updated some shipping costs on the small parts, the problem should be resolved for this type of an order. :angel:

• Like 2