Introducing the u308 20 round Magazine

3-Pack-Product-609x373.jpg

Thought I would stop by to send an update. We have been running a bit ragged trying to get all the orders out so let me first of all say, Thank you! We have gotten quite a few emailed reviews and everyone really likes the u308. We are going to be updating our Site very shortly with some of these user reviews. Most of our questions still revolve around our "Introductory Price" as for now we are not releasing the day which our pricing will adjust, but it is in the forseeable future :smoke:

• Like 1
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to introduce you to the Uinta Industries u308 20 Round Magazine. Constructed of a proprietary polymer blend, the u308 20 Round Magazine offers a durable, high-capacity solution for anyone

Sorry about the confusion here. I updated some shipping costs on the small parts, the problem should be resolved for this type of an order.

Had range time today with 6 new out of wrapper mags. 1 of 6 did a fail to feed on 2nd and 7th round. Reloaded and it worked as others. Mine fit tighter than regular AK mags in other weapons. Used 2 ri

Posted Images

Uinta Industries gives no physical street address nor phone number at its website, that I could see. And I got no more info from a Google search. I couldn't even tell what state they are in. There is the Uinta mountain range (named after the Ute Indians) in NE Utah near Wyoming. But that doesn't prove anything - maybe the owner just liked the name.

Probably when you buy some magazines they put this info on the invoice, shipping document, warranty or whatever. Nevertheless why don't they put it on their website? Seems unusual.

Edited by gnugung

Uinta Industries gives no physical street address nor phone number at its website, that I could see. And I got no more info from a Google search. I couldn't even tell what state they are in. There is the Uinta mountain range (named after the Ute Indians) in NE Utah near Wyoming. But that doesn't prove anything - maybe the owner just liked the name.

Probably when you buy some magazines they put this info on the invoice, shipping document, warranty or whatever. Nevertheless why don't they put it on their website? Seems unusual.

Valid point, no need to worry. We pushed ourselves for a pre shot launch, and are in the process of moving to a new facility. We are currently in Saratoga Springs, Utah. Our toll free number and new address are in the works and will be posted on our site shortly, currently the best way to get a hold of us is through email. service@uintaindustries.com, on a side note most emails have been answered within min of receipt.

• Like 1

wow,where did this come from? i didn't need to know any of that to go and buy a mag from them.

Valid point, no need to worry. We pushed ourselves for a pre shot launch, and are in the process of moving to a new facility. We are currently in Saratoga Springs, Utah. Our toll free number and new address are in the works and will be posted on our site shortly, currently the best way to get a hold of us is through email. service@uintaindustries.com, on a side note most emails have been answered within min of receipt.

gnugung: OK, good luck with that. It's not that people can't get a hold of you, it's that in order to take seriously a company's warranty on their product, most people expect the company to provide a street address and phone number.

Gnugung: Uinta Industries gives no physical street address nor phone number at its website, that I could see. And I got no more info from a Google search. I couldn't even tell what state they are in. There is the Uinta mountain range (named after the Ute Indians) in NE Utah near Wyoming. But that doesn't prove anything - maybe the owner just liked the name.

UINTA INDUSTRIES:

Gnugung: OK, good luck with that. It's not that people can't get a hold of you, it's that in order to take seriously a company's warranty on their product, most people expect the company to provide a street address and phone number.

Byron: i didn't need to know any of that to go and buy a mag from them.

Gnugung: You would need to know all of that to send a mag back to them.

Gnugung: OK, good luck with that. It's not that people can't get a hold of you, it's that in order to take seriously a company's warranty on their product, most people expect the company to provide a street address and phone number.

We will stand behind every product 100%. We are in the process of switching locations right now, and once the move is complete we will update everything on our site. I would prefer to not send people to an empty location in the interim. I am kind of perplexed why my IM was not responded to by you gnugung, please feel free to respond and I will call you directly, if that is not to your liking I am not sure I can help you at this time.

Gnugung: You would need to know all of that to send a mag back to them.

All orders come with all information to get anything resolved in the event that there is a problem. Order with confidence gents!

ETA: Here is the direct line to Kelly in our customer care department just in case anyone needs it:

801-906-9772 :super:

I'm an NYer with two Saiga rifles so far, been looking at a .223 or .308 next, do you think a 10 round only version might be possible in the future for us poor fools in lame states? Will you be looking at making mags for the other chamberings like 5.45, .223 and 7.62?

I'm an NYer with two Saiga rifles so far, been looking at a .223 or .308 next, do you think a 10 round only version might be possible in the future for us poor fools in lame states? Will you be looking at making mags for the other chamberings like 5.45, .223 and 7.62?

Big Boss,

We try to keep things under wraps at Uinta, what I can confirm is that we are actively seeking solutions for everyone, Please stay tuned here for any upcomming product announcements that may be in the works :angel:

Thanks again for the support!

• Like 1

Got my floorplates, followers and springs and everything fits the old FBMG mags I have perfectly. Follower is tight but so was the factory one, the spring feels great.

Looking forward to what else you guys come up with.

Edited by rob-cubed

Got my floorplates, followers and springs and everything fits the old FBMG mags I have perfectly. Follower is tight but so was the factory one, the spring feels great.

Rob, thanks for the post. I have 8 empty FBMG's and was wondering how well the Uinta kit would fit.

Rob, thanks for the post. I have 8 empty FBMG's and was wondering how well the Uinta kit would fit.

The rebuild kit is what you need, will work great! can be found Here

• Like 1

Why's the shipping so expensive? For example shipping on a complete mag is 5.95 which is reasonable. You add a single mag base plate and it goes to 10.95. Add a rebuild kit and it goes to 15.85. Add a follower and you are at $20.80 for shipping. Is there something wrong with shipping calculator for online purchases?

Sorry about the confusion here. I updated some shipping costs on the small parts, the problem should be resolved for this type of an order. :angel:

Thanks for fixing that. Order has been placed.

I just got my 308 yesterday and am undecided as to what capacity to buy, mainly due to length of mags. I'll probably go 10, 15, or 20. Any info as to what the installed length is on these different mags?

Thanks,

Tim

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but I'll give you a quick response to that.

Don't have my 308 on me but I can describe how it works out. Ten round magazines in general are an inch shorter than a standard tapco saw pistol grip. Fifteen round magazines go about a half inch past the pistol grip (This is the best look in my opinion). Then a twenty will go about an inch and a half to 2 inches past the pistol grip bottom.

I want as many rounds as possible in my magazine but having it stick so far out the bottom of the rifle can be impractical. I've taken 6 of my SGM twenty-five rounders down to fifteen for range use and looking "right". Still have a good amount of various twenty and twenty-five rounders kicking around though.

If you are really interested I'll start a thread with pictures of all different mags inserted into my 308, let me know.

• Like 2

I hate California.

Then get in your car and start driving in any direction other than west. As you cross the state border roll down your window and put your arm outside raising your hand in a one-finger salute and say, "Ah'll be bock... NOT!!", in a slow stoopid weightlifter's drawl. Enjoy your new life in the free world.

Edited by Mike1234567

Well my Uinta mag doesn't work at all with South African. Bullet tips lodging against the chamber face below the opening. Hand cycles just fine but it's a single shot at the range.

Max,

So sorry to hear about your problems with the South African ammo and the u308. Please check your IM, we will get this resolved ASAP under our 100% guarantee. We have had numerous successful range reports thus far, and will back up our product in word and action. Thanks again!

-Uinta Industries

Well my Uinta mag doesn't work at all with South African. Bullet tips lodging against the chamber face below the opening. Hand cycles just fine but it's a single shot at the range.

SpetsnazGRU - Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

.. Only shot about 60 rounds, using one of the mags.. I was initially having feeding problems. The bolt was hitting one of the sides of the mag and failing to grab the next round. I had to manually cycle the action, pushing the bolt down with a bit of force, in order to chamber a round and then pushing the bolt closed. By the second mag-full, things did become smooth and I had no more failures, even when shooting one mag-full in rapid succession. The bolt simply dug a little hole in the plastic for itself.

cma g21 - Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

I got my magazines (3 pack) Tuesday. I ran each magazine through three cycles (20 dummy rounds cycled manually, three times per magazines).

They fed perfectly. I loaded the three magazines (20 rounds each), and left them loaded until I could get to the range. On Saturday, I fired each loaded magazine at the range until empty, then reloaded and repeated (a total of 40 rounds per magazine).

All three magazines functioned perfectly.

between_the_lines:

That's 3 reports in. 5 magazines tested so far, with 2 fail to function out of the box - that's 40%. Not good.

I am rethinking the SGM(Surefire) mags.

Here is something I found on the web regarding the Surefire that sounds a lot like SpetsnazGRU's problem

Somone claims to be quoting an email exchange with surefire:

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/125305-sgm-tactical-surefire-magazines-saiga-308-a.html

[[From: Philip surefiregunmagsATaol.com

Subject: Re: SSGMP308

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxATyahoo.com

Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 11:07 AM

Hi TNX,

The only problem we have had with this mag revolves around the .308's bolt alignment... If the bolt is ripping the left side of the feed lips off than the bolt is out of alignment and Russian American Armory will have it fixed for you.]]

Of course the fact remain: the Saiga factory mags always work. Whatever variances there may be in the bolt base alignment, the factory mag can handle it. If SGM made their mag feedlips to factory specs they would work.

Even so, I would be interested to know if SpetsnazGRU got the same result with his other 2 Uinta mags.

SpetsnazGRU - Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

.. Only shot about 60 rounds, using one of the mags.. I was initially having feeding problems. The bolt was hitting one of the sides of the mag and failing to grab the next round. I had to manually cycle the action, pushing the bolt down with a bit of force, in order to chamber a round and then pushing the bolt closed. By the second mag-full, things did become smooth and I had no more failures, even when shooting one mag-full in rapid succession. The bolt simply dug a little hole in the plastic for itself.

cma g21 - Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

I got my magazines (3 pack) Tuesday. I ran each magazine through three cycles (20 dummy rounds cycled manually, three times per magazines).

They fed perfectly. I loaded the three magazines (20 rounds each), and left them loaded until I could get to the range. On Saturday, I fired each loaded magazine at the range until empty, then reloaded and repeated (a total of 40 rounds per magazine).

All three magazines functioned perfectly.

between_the_lines:

That's 3 reports in. 5 magazines tested so far, with 2 fail to function out of the box - that's 40%. Not good.

I am rethinking the SGM(Surefire) mags.

Here is something I found on the web regarding the Surefire that sounds a lot like SpetsnazGRU's problem

Somone claims to be quoting an email exchange with surefire:

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/125305-sgm-tactical-surefire-magazines-saiga-308-a.html

[[From: Philip surefiregunmagsATaol.com

Subject: Re: SSGMP308

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxATyahoo.com

Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 11:07 AM

Hi TNX,

The only problem we have had with this mag revolves around the .308's bolt alignment... If the bolt is ripping the left side of the feed lips off than the bolt is out of alignment and Russian American Armory will have it fixed for you.]]

Of course the fact remain: the Saiga factory mags always work. Whatever variances there may be in the bolt base alignment, the factory mag can handle it. If SGM made their mag feedlips to factory specs they would work.

Even so, I would be interested to know if SpetsnazGRU got the same result with his other 2 Uinta mags.

Gnugung,

I understand your skeptical, Honestly I see no reason why you shouldn't be. We are a new company, and as such you have to earn your reputation in this business. IM me your address + Contact Infromation and let me put my money where my mouth is. I promise to not disappoint! :smoke:

-Uinta Industries

Gnugung,

I understand your skeptical, Honestly I see no reason why you shouldn't be. We are a new company, and as such you have to earn your reputation in this business. IM me your address + Contact Infromation and let me put my money where my mouth is. I promise to not disappoint! :smoke:

-Uinta Industries

Hi Uinta!

You already have my email address in the email Pete sent Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:03 AM. Just contact me there.

- gnugung

Maybe the spring got put in backwards or upside down? I've had that happen several times over the years.

Edit for clarity: As with any product we try to apply all user feedback, the current design is very reliable and dependable. We guarantee all Uinta Products 100%, let us know if you have any issues and they will be resolved.

mine fit great!!!!!

I got my 3 Uinta mags today, and unfortunately all failed to hand cycle rounds.For each mag in turn, I loaded 15 (not 20) rounds, pulled the bolt back smartly and let go - no riding the bolt.And for all the mags, every second or third round the bolt would start to feed the round then jump the rim, wedging the round with the bullet in the chamber and the case out. In the following picture the bolt actually hung in the extraction groove of the rim. .

And I was able to remove the mag and the round remain suspended, like this ..

The

Generally the bolt just went forward over the rim to wedge on the top of the case of the round. Leaving the top of the round all beat up like this..

With this round, after taking a beating being cycled through several mags, the bullet eventually separated from the case.. Before I started I opened one of the mags and found the orientation of the spring to be the reverse of factory, as MaxTheRabbit reported, but I left it that way.After I had finished, there seemd to be no gouging of the feed lips as SpetsnazGRU reported. I used Wolf steel cased ammo, which works fine through a Saiga factory mag.

At first I thought the rounds were not jumping up quick enough. But while the followers were a bit sticky, they seemed not nearly sticky enough to overcome the force of the spring, which seemed relatively strong.

I never attemped to fire any rounds.I don't know what the problem is. I have been messing around doing home-engineering fixes on after market mags for the mini-30 for years and I've had enough of it. Now I want them to work the first time. Others may find there is a simple fix, but I plan to send these mags back to Uinta for a refund ASAP, under their advertised 30-day no-questions-asked refund policy.

I don't know why the pictures are so big - they were taken with a small cell phone!