R and R Questions

Hey guys,

I have don't have a S-12 right now but I really want to get one, that I will love!. I've looked at the stock Saiga... boring. The one I want has to be custom! I see your (R and R) S-12 platforms and I fell in love! But I have huge questions about them. I have done some research and read Saiga fourm often, so I know a little. The reason I have so many questions is b/c the asking price is $3,500! lol So, let me start.

1. The mags, do they have to be modified to fit your magwell, and does it accept drums?

2. The mag release, it looks like a thin lever, do you guys make a more flat end where the shooters finger contacts it, or is is wider then it looks?

3. Does it release by pressing up or down? I can't tell in the vids.

4. I'm not an AR guy so does the AR adapter accept folding stocks?

5. Now this is a stretch but if I got a side folder, could the gun shoot with it closed?

6. The barrels, can you take more pics of the double compensator, like a top down view or up close?

7. Also, I figure as much the compensator take away recoil, but how much?

8. How long is the barrel, and do you make it in different lengths?

9. I have herd of over gassing on Saigas, do you guys have any problems like that?

10. Do you guys have different gas settings for the gun? If so how many?

11. I will want to mag dump a billion times, so does it cycle the cheap stuff? (Wal-mart Winchester Universal)

12. Do you guys make a LRBHO? Is it possible?

I think that is enough for now but I am sure I will have more!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, lots of questions, so I'll try to answer each one:

1. Yes, the mags have to be modified, we use a CNC mill to do the mod. No, there is not a drum that will fit most magwells. If you want to use a drum, get the Rock and Lock from JT or do not modify at all.

2. The mag release is plenty wide enough and may be easily shortened to fit your preference.

3. The mag releases by pressing in towards the receiver, the same as an AR release.

4. The stock adapter fits any AR stock, which do not fold because of the buffer and spring used in the AR design. We do not make a folding stock adapter.

5. Should be able to shoot with the stock folded, if legal, where you live.

6. Double comp photo attached.

7. I would guess the comp gives you a 25 to 30% reduction in recoil.

8. Our normal barrel length is 19" and we have started making some shorter lengths, 14" and 8" to date. Also some 24" guns have been made and shipped to Europe.

9. Yes, I have heard of overgassing, no, we do not have a problem with that.

10. We use a stock 2 position gas regulator, have not found a need for anything else.

11. Yes, our guns will cycle the cheap stuff, all our guns are tested with it before delivery.

12. No, we do not make a LRBHO. It is possible, (anything is possible if you throw enough money at it) but not necessary for the guns we build.

Doug

post-22191-0-08025800-1295215021_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the response!

You said the LRBHO is not necessary, why? I see your vids and it looks like you always have one in the chamber.

Oh and can I mod the mags myself or do I need some special tools to do that?

Edited by maxwalker360

Thank you for the response!

You said the LRBHO is not necessary, why? I see your vids and it looks like you always have one in the chamber.

Oh and can I mod the mags myself or do I need some special tools to do that?

You answered your own question on the first one, leave a round in the chamber and you don't use the bolt hold open feature. I didn't mean the LRBHO is not necessary at all, but for the shooting we do, mostly competition, we try to never run dry and so do not need that feature.

You could mod the mags yourself, we use the CNC to make them uniform.

Doug

Thank you so much on your replies! I am very interested in your platform, will you guys be close to Nashville TN anytime, so I can get some up close looks?

We will be at the DPMS shotgun match in August and Rocky Mountain 3 gun in August. About as far East as we will be this year. If you can get to any of the big 3 gun events in the south east, look up Clint Upchurch, who is now an R&R sponsored shooter. Clint has won some big matches back there including Ft. Benning using an R&R Saiga.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice products R&R! So is that the trick when your shooting and dump the mag and re insert without re racking, leave one in the chamber? Or is there a feature that closes the bolt when inserting a mag? Man I love that video! I would love to get into shooting like that! A buddy and I are looking to do comp shooting with our saigas :)

Nice products R&R! So is that the trick when your shooting and dump the mag and re insert without re racking, leave one in the chamber? Or is there a feature that closes the bolt when inserting a mag? Man I love that video! I would love to get into shooting like that! A buddy and I are looking to do comp shooting with our saigas :)

Always best to leave one in the chamber to speed up reloading. I hate pulling the trigger and hearing the loudest sound in the world, click. At least it is easy to rack another in the chamber with the left side charging handle. As for shooting like that, it just takes practice and you can do it.

Doug

Hey Doug, Im interested in your trigger guard. Couple questions, does it bolt on to existing holes in the bottom of the receiver? Does it have a safety stop on it, and last, will any AR-15 grip fit on it? Oh wait, one more...any discounts for forum members? Thanks Doug,

Rob

Hey Doug, Im interested in your trigger guard. Couple questions, does it bolt on to existing holes in the bottom of the receiver? Does it have a safety stop on it, and last, will any AR-15 grip fit on it? Oh wait, one more...any discounts for forum members? Thanks Doug,

Rob

Trigger guard bolts through existing holes but one may need to be enlarged slightly. It will fit any AR-15 grip but you will need to trim some grips at the top because of where it meets the receiver. Unfortunately no discounts, everybody pays the same price. (At least you know nobody got a better deal!)

Doug

Good deal! Thanks for the info. I will be ordering one for sure. Does the fast fire mount come with the sight in your picture, or just the mount itself?

Just the mount for $79, a FastFire red dot sight will cost an extra $200 or so.

Doug