New issue of Guns and Weapons has article on new AK SBR with a new railed forend have made and will be selling as an accessory. Company is called Bravo 18, website Bravo18. Anyone know anything about this company?

Looks like something wannabe warriors need for their collection. I could be wrong, but the way the website talks about the user (calling then operators, lol) is in total mall-ninja fashion. I googled the company name, and found it hard to find any concrete info on these guys. Who knows, they might be the best company ever, but it doesn't seem that way.

Well it's always nice to see the market expanding...

A lot of immediate questions come to mind. Mostly around how the setup is attached to the rifle. By the barrel I assume? But how?

The immediate worries I have are all functional. Obviously it adds to height over bore. It definitely doesn't look like the rail extends to the rear far enough to use ghost ring sights. Even though in all the pics that's what they show.

Next is weight. Any lightening cuts in that thing? Looks damn solid to me. But at what cost?

Probably most important but how much testing was done with this? If all the example rifles have the lightning bolt setup I GREATLY question this. Receiver is wide open now. On both sides. Was never a fan of that setup.

Those two on the right have auto sear pins... Can never knock anyone for having uber expensive toys. Just makes me wonder if these are some crazy rich guy's one offs.

Beat me to the question. I bought this issue of Guns & Weapons (for law enforcement) ha ha, the minute I saw it had a awesome AK set up in it. If I could run those irons and be effective, I'd do it. As long as the rail thing doesn't cost a arm and a leg. Which I'm sure it does... Sigh

• 1 year later...

New issue of Guns and Weapons has article on new AK SBR with a new railed forend have made and will be selling as an accessory. Company is called Bravo 18, website Bravo18. Anyone know anything about this company?

The company was supposedly started by a former Navy Seal, the "HEX" design suppressors are supposed to deflect "heat waves" from obstructing the "operators" field of view, they are supposed to be GTG.

About the new rail, yes, they will be sold as an accessory $175 from what I was told by their sales dept. I'm looking hard at them I like "TactiCool" stuff on my rifles. Its not like most of us are going to be humping our AKs through the mountains of Afganistan, most of our rifles are just "range queens". For those of you so concerned with weight, maybe you should stop trying to act so "HardCore", if some of you guys are really worried about weight, try going to gym and losing some or lifting some!!!LOL

The company was supposedly started by a former Navy Seal, the "HEX" design suppressors are supposed to deflect "heat waves" from obstructing the "operators" field of view, they are supposed to be GTG.

About the new rail, yes, they will be sold as an accessory $175 from what I was told by their sales dept. I'm looking hard at them I like "TactiCool" stuff on my rifles. Its not like most of us are going to be humping our AKs through the mountains of Afganistan, most of our rifles are just "range queens". For those of you so concerned with weight, maybe you should stop trying to act so "HardCore", if some of you guys are really worried about weight, try going to gym and losing some or lifting some!!!LOL

Old thread is old.