R&R Shot Show Guns - 2011

For those of you that will not make it to the Shot Show, I thought I'd put a couple of photos of the Saiga 12s we are taking this year. R&R will be camped out at the Russian American Armory booth this year and you can stop by and see Robert and I there.

Doug

post-22191-0-05484700-1295218013_thumb.jpg

This gun was at the show last year, but has a few new mods.

post-22191-0-58488000-1295218023_thumb.jpg

14" barreled Tactical gun with Rem Chokes.

post-22191-0-93430100-1295218042_thumb.jpg

8" barreled pistol being built for the FBI. (It was tested with the stock on but will be stock free at the show!)

• Like 1

I like the FBI 8in now make a rail to attach it to an m4 and I will be all over it. What is the weight? Suppressed m4 with 10in barrel and that doo hickey will pave a bacon trail (hog hunt)

Its not light, I've handled it but did not weigh it. I'll ask Robert when I see him at the Shot Show, I'm sure he will have the details.

Doug

Just got back from the show last night. Tons of traffic at the RAA booth and we got to see lots of old friend and lots of new faces. Although our competition guns are always very popular, the SBS guns really got alot of people jazzed. Before anyone else calls me on it, the 14" gun pictured above actually has a 13" barrel. Lots of LE types and military guys really liked that gun and one middle east nation even ordered 10 to try out. The 8" pistol also got checked out by quite a few people and several were ordered. Our video was on 3 big screen TVs and drew people's attention as they passed the booth. As most of you probably can see, the guy in the red hat is the fastest (and best looking) in that video.

Many thanks to Russian American Armory for hosting us in their booth. We had a great time with them and they treated us like celibrities.

Doug

Saw you guys at the show but you were busy with people finger fucking your guns so I only talked to RAAC. What do you guys think of the AR type guns he had?

Hard to say. Robert is going to get one when they become available and see how durable they are and if he can make them as reliable as our Saigas. Currently only 5 round mags are being made for them, but that will change if they become popular. It needs a US made lower that has an adjustable stock which is something we may look at. Always cool to have new toys to play with.

Doug

My wife likes the purple one. How much does something like that cost? The end of the barrel is interesting.

About $3500 with a Burris FastFire sight. The sight in the photo of the purple gun is a Aimpoint T-1, so would cost about $400 more. Any of our guns can be ordered with custom anodized colors, for $150 extra. In addition, the ceramic coating is also available in different colors so you can get pretty crazy. The receivers and barrels in the photos have the Sniper Gray ceramic coating.

Doug

The video was shot at the R&R range which is a private setup east of Salem, OR. We will be holding a Multigun Match in July south of Albany, OR. at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. There are a few 3 gun matches in the Northwest, but no tactical shotgun matches or IPSC Shotgun matches. I use my Saiga at the local range to shoot Trap and 5 Stand. You get alot of looks, but when you start busting clays they don't complain much.

If you are interested in doing a local tactical or IPSC style shotgun match, we could probably get something going if we could get enough people to help. I'm a member at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club which could host something like that. PM me if you are interested, but be aware there will be some work involved.

Doug

Anyone you guys deal with have any info on the ATF announcement?

Most of the original chatter came from this Joshua Prince guy on his blog. Seems he has read a lot more into the ATF statements than is actually there. The ATF talking points, http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/SHOT%20Show%202011/fesd-town-hall-meeting-011911.pdf, do not address the ban of any imported shotguns. In Prince's blog, he is the one that brings up Saigas and DDs. I personally hope he is full of crap, but we will see in the morning. If you log onto the ATF site you can get email updates directly from them. I just signed up and now I don't have to see what everybody else says, I can get it direct from the horse's mouth.

Doug

Many of you know that over the past several years, folks have been gravitating towards creating trusts,

as a way of acquiring NFA/Title 2 firearms, especially if they live in a locale where the CLEO refuses

to sign off on Form 1 and 4. Applying as a corporation or trust entity bypasses CLEO signoff.

Folks were sharing tips on how to do this using Quicken's form creation software and were

successfully receiving BATF approvals on Form 1 and 4.

Last Fall, Prince Law was the outfit who 'alerted' gun afficianados that BATFE was beginning

to wise up and reject Form 1 & 4 applications since they were amateurishly created. Prince Law

was the firm (arguably) scaring gun owners to forego Quicken et al, and hire attorneys or risk

losing their firearms.

The various NFA forums haven't been reporting a higher % of NFA rejections over the past

year+ due to higher creation of trust applications, so we really don't know how accurate this is.

For a time, Tom Bower's Subguns.com was regularly visited by NFA fan who was employed

at BATF's Tech Branch. This didn't come up on his radar one way or other.

http://blog.princela...y-gun-nfa-trust

http://blog.princela...gun-trusts-blog

Sometime tomorrow, we'll have a better idea where PrinceLaw's credibility stands.

Edited by waltermitty

Doug,

to get this thread back on track-

You guys do some seriously beautiful work. I'll tell you - I've never been comfortable with the ergonomics of the AR platform but I'm really impressed on what designs you guys have incorporated into your guns. I wish I could afford one. until then, I may just have to play dress up and pick up some parts from you guys. Seriously considering having you guys do the charging handle conversion on my Saiga 12

:super::super:

Always look forward to seeing news from R&R