FNP 45acp. Should I get it?

Hi everyone. I really dig this gun(FNP 45acp). Does Anyone have one? I have heard mixed reviews and I just cant make up my mind. Can Anyone tell me why I should or should not get one?

Thanks,

RF

It's not for the small handed. If you're used to 1911s and you ride the safety, you can decock it by mistake (until you get the muscle memory down). Trigger is nothing to brag about, but isn't bad. Simple assembly/disassembly. Mags are pretty damn expensive.

It's a great gun; I prefer it to the Glock 21 just due to the grip and extra round, but then again I just can't seem to get used to Glocks.

Just my :2c:. Hope that helps some.

I've been pleased with mine. Shes ran 99.9% perfect except for one round of unknown HP that i acquired from Arik above. I dont know if it was a low recoil/self defense type round or what but it did FTE. I Manually cleared it and ran the rest of the rounds thru 100%. Thats the only problem i've had out of 600ish rounds.

The trigger is long in DA (too be expected!). Single action, its not too IMO, little bit of take up before it breaks over nicely.

I have the USG model with shooters pack. I dont know if you know the differences but the USG has front and rear slide serrations, a manual safety, 2-14's and 1-15rd mag. The safety completely disengages the trigger from the action.

The non USG model has no safety (decocker only) and only rear slide serrations. The shooters pack is a factory "kit" that comes with a nice fitted Bladetech holster for pistol and mags (FN branded), a paddle for the holster to use instead of the belt loop attachment, and a training/travel or dummy barrel. They all come with two backstraps, one rounded and one flat.

You can get 15rd factory FN mags for $37 from CDNN.

I agree, it is a big pistol. The interchangeable backstraps can help a little bit with smaller hands but its not gonna work miracles.

Lots of info to be found here...

http://fnforum.net/fn-fnp-f48.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY3JbzyOY4Q

Edited by Mullet Man

Hey red.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a pistol.

I've had my FNP45 for a few years now. One thing, if you plan to conceal carry it, look elsewhere. It's big. Best used as an open holster or bedside gun. The benefits are; It's big. Round count is comparable to 40 cal and 9mm. USGs operate similar to 1911s, so if you're used to that, there's not much learning curve for this unit. I have a standard model because I would over release the safety and accidentally decock it when I was handling the USG. DA pull is heavy, 12lbs or so, so you can literally hold it up by the trigger and even pull it out of a holster by the trigger without it goign off on you. SA is nice clean 3-4lb pull. Accurate, will outshoot most people, myself included. I have a big mitt, so I prefer the large grip. If you have small hands, you might not like it as much.

Mine did have a problem with firing cheap ammo during the first 500 or so rounds. It would jam approximately 7 rounds in a mag, so it was good training for that sort of thing. I couldn't use any UMC hollowpoints, or WWB ammo. Everything else was fine. Gold dots have ran through the gun perfectly since day 1. Now mine is broken in a bit, it shoots fantastically, comparable to my sig, besides the whole polymer deal. Sights are good. Amazing deal for a pistol like it.

The tactical is another story. That thing is nothing short of amazing. If you have the 900 or so dollars for it. I highly recommend.