Polymer Bulgarian mags, not ((10))'s

Not ((10))s?? I've never seen these before either. It was my impression that most things produced in Bulgaria had the classic circle 10 as sort of a proofing stamp.

ETA: judging from what I'm reading on other forums, these are produced in a standalone factory for US import and they are generally not receiving positive reviews.

Edited by VaiFanatic

I was looking at those a while back, and from what I can remember, they have some metal reinforcement in the sideplates and possibly feed lips.. but the locking lugs are not reinforced. That was the deal breaker for me. edit: might as well be using a tapco mag if your tabs are solid polymer.

They're commercial manufacture. I'd spend the cash on the steel bulgy mags when places get them back in stock.

Edited by danklab

Not ((10))s?? I've never seen these before either. It was my impression that most things produced in Bulgaria had the classic circle 10 as sort of a proofing stamp.

ETA: judging from what I'm reading on other forums, these are produced in a standalone factory for US import and they are generally not receiving positive reviews.

There are also Bulgarian magazines marked with a ((21)) I have a few of them. They are supposedly a little less common than the 10's. I believe there is another factory as well but don't remember the number.

I've got plenty of 7.62 steel mags. Just happened to stumble upon these at a non sponsoring vendor. I definitely wasnt going to buy any before asking around!

After acquiring an iz240 and Bulgy 21's-25's, i am really liking the polymer mags. I've seen some nice Izhmash 7.62x39 polymer mags but they are $100 a piece :eyes_droped:

I'll keep looking.

I was looking at those a while back, and from what I can remember, they have some metal reinforcement in the sideplates and possibly feed lips.. but the locking lugs are not reinforced. That was the deal breaker for me. edit: might as well be using a tapco mag if your tabs are solid polymer.They're commercial manufacture. I'd spend the cash on the steel bulgy mags when places get them back in stock.

Right, that's what others were saying, you may as well have bought a tapco mag.

Not ((10))s?? I've never seen these before either. It was my impression that most things produced in Bulgaria had the classic circle 10 as sort of a proofing stamp.ETA: judging from what I'm reading on other forums, these are produced in a standalone factory for US import and they are generally not receiving positive reviews.
There are also Bulgarian magazines marked with a ((21)) I have a few of them. They are supposedly a little less common than the 10's. I believe there is another factory as well but don't remember the number.

I have three of those ((21)), they're for my Bulgy 5.45x39.

I've got plenty of 7.62 steel mags. Just happened to stumble upon these at a non sponsoring vendor. I definitely wasnt going to buy any before asking around!After acquiring an iz240 and Bulgy 21's-25's, i am really liking the polymer mags. I've seen some nice Izhmash 7.62x39 polymer mags but they are $100 a piece :eyes_droped: I'll keep looking.

I'm sorry, Mullet!! I don't want to see you buy cheap shit :(

Are those the "side slab" ones I've read about? Wonder if they are similar to the "bullet" mags?

I have a few brown and black ((21))'s for the 5.45.

They seem to be the main surplus Bulgy poly mags for 5.45 being sold at the moment. Didn't know they had them for 7.62 as well...

Many of you probably seen this before, and its mainly for 5.45 but still a good read.

http://home.comcast.net/~shooter2_indy/ak74_mag_guide.html

Edited by NM0

Are those the "side slab" ones I've read about? Wonder if they are similar to the "bullet" mags?

I have a few brown and black ((21))'s for the 5.45.

They seem to be the main surplus Bulgy poly mags for 5.45 being sold at the moment. Didn't know they had them for 7.62 as well...

Many of you probably seen this before, and its mainly for 5.45 but still a good read.

http://home.comcast.net/~shooter2_indy/ak74_mag_guide.html

Good read for sure.

post-20217-0-59800700-1295245890_thumb.gif

Never seen them before. Description says metal lined and Bulgarian made.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

They're the same old "bullet" mags. They dont print the bullets on them anymore. I havent tried them, but have been warned away from them by others who have....

The Polish RADOM mags are better than the Bulgarian "bullet mags" (whether the bullets are on them or not). The Radoms have metal re-enforced front lug, at least. The bullet mags have no steel. On another forum, I was talking with a Polish Army service member. The clear Radoms are being bought by service members for alternate use, while The black are issued. Many reserve units still use AKMS and AKGN 7.62x39s.

Edited by imarangemaster